Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From the START

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    I agree... to a point. At the beginning of the story, with it was solely Michael's narrative it was a recapping of events that had happened up to a point. To what point? The point when he told others to start keeping a log. After that it feels to me that we're listening to parts of the story in real time and parts as journal entries retelling things that have happened.
    i'm with you on this one.

but there are moments, where the characters still foreshadow, which they really couldn't do if it was in a live mode. Saul says it just after they leave with the fuel tanker, and riley does it just before the start of the road to living death. so...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    i'm with you on this one.

but there are moments, where the characters still foreshadow, which they really couldn't do if it was in a live mode. Saul says it just after they leave with the fuel tanker, and riley does it just before the start of the road to living death. so...
    This is the only thing that keeps me sane - knowing that the narrator didn't die during the episode they are telling. I am no longer allowing myself to drive or operate heavy machinery when listening.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I think that the person or persons reading this is after "z-day" they were cleaning up the city and they found all the journals. And this is what they all wrote.

Have we not heard a main character narrate an episode yet? If not then maybe their journal was never found.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    I agree... to a point. At the beginning of the story, with it was solely Michael's narrative it was a recapping of events that had happened up to a point. To what point? The point when he told others to start keeping a log. After that it feels to me that we're listening to parts of the story in real time and parts as journal entries retelling things that have happened.
    Makes sense, but Hollo is also right, the characters do foreshadow although they haven't been doing it in the last few episodes. So I think the characters are still narrating the story which has already happened.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Makes sense, but Hollo is also right, the characters do foreshadow although they haven't been doing it in the last few episodes. So I think the characters are still narrating the story which has already happened.
    You're both right. It depends on when the Character caught up on their journals. It gets a little complicated in that area, but it's all about the perception at the time of writing. Saul caught up on his journals much later in those Chapters, same as Riley.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    You're both right. It depends on when the Character caught up on their journals. It gets a little complicated in that area, but it's all about the perception at the time of writing. Saul caught up on his journals much later in those Chapters, same as Riley.
    So your saying that in some chapters the narrator is writing what happened down while in other chapters the narrator is writing down whats happening. Right?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    So your saying that in some chapters the narrator is writing what happened down while in other chapters the narrator is writing down whats happening. Right?
    In chapter 5 Saul gave some hindsight to what was going to happen next. In the timeline he caught up on his journal at the end of Chapter 6. So Chapter 5 was told from his perspective as it already happened.
    In other chapters the writing of the journal can be much more present, as if they write in it every day or they'll physically be writing it in the scene like in Chapter 10 with Datu.

"Gatherer"

Status
    In chapter 5 Saul gave some hindsight to what was going to happen next. In the timeline he caught up on his journal at the end of Chapter 6. So Chapter 5 was told from his perspective as it already happened.
    In other chapters the writing of the journal can be much more present, as if they write in it every day or they'll physically be writing it in the scene like in Chapter 10 with Datu.
    So the perspective can change pretty easily especially if the person interrupts in the middle of their story and begins to narrate what is happening. But I don't think that this gives us any useful information on whether or not they're looking back at the entire story though. Because either way someone could be reading it or they could be telling it. Each has equal possibility.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

All the narration you hear is JUST from the Journals. If a character dies before they can write it down in the journals, you won't be able to hear their narration.
    With that perspective the entire story could told after it's already occurred.

"Gatherer"

Status
    All the narration you hear is JUST from the Journals. If a character dies before they can write it down in the journals, you won't be able to hear their narration.
    With that perspective the entire story could told after it's already occurred.
    So its possible then, since there has been no foreshadowing in the last few episodes I think, that some or maybe even all of the characters are or could be dead? Even if there was foreshadowing and they wrote it down they could still be dead. Man. . . I just bummed myself out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast