User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

How about a premium membership to Were Alive. As a paying member you could listen to the podcast a few days earlier. Have yaccess to a separate stream for live events that won't crash. Get access to mini stories.

I would also buy a dvd for the making of We're Alive. Give tours of all the sites, Army base, Fort Irwin, Mallet Mall, ground zero. Video of the live performances

Market a line of Zombie miniture figurines

I would also pay for customized audio clips I could use for ring tones, answering machine messages and online gaming.
    Scratch voice: Duffusmonkey has a surprise for you.
    Burt voice: This asswhipping has been brought to you by Duffusmonkey
    Announcer Voice: Duffusmonkey would go through the appocolypse for you will you marry him
    Announce Voice: Duffusmonkey is fighting for his life please leave a message
    KC Voice: Duffusmonkey hated that movie more than I did
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    The problem with the paid membership is the logistics of it. For instance, if people had paid memberships they would want to be able to use their current podcast client to listen, when we wouldn't be able to do that because the RSS feed is publicly available. We could potentially offer it on the website only, and mobile clients could then stream it. There is that option.

Thoughts on that?

The recorded lines are an option as well. I prefer to not have to task out the actors for something like that, but if a few volunteer that might be ok.
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I couldn't see tasking the cast to record people's voicemail messages. That's just . . . that's just fucked up.

That said, I would never change my voicemail if Jenna did it, and I would probably spend all day calling myself.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Also, another thing to consider is the taxable portion of raised funds. Does anyone know how that works?

UPDATE: Nevermind, if we spend all the funds in the same year we are fine. However, if we don't then we get taxed on it.
    Last edited by Kc; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

In the vein of exclusive content, might there be a way to set up a private video chat with the cast and crew similar to the one you held in the past but you have to pay $25-$30 to get access?
    Likes turbo liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Here's a thought...

Do an exclusive podcast with the cast members. Not like an exclusive chapter or anything ridiculous. Maybe you get the cast together and play a game, a la TESD and boom. Or you sit around and just talk to the cast. You know, bout how they feel about the show ending, or share some anecdote about their experiences on the show. Or maybe everyone just gets together, drinks some wine, and bullshits about life, art, religion, politics, sex, whatever.

I know that TESD does lots of exclusive content and they're always pretty successful. At least enough to keep Q driving back and forth from New York every week to do the show.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

You could sell off "REDSHIRT" appearances on the show.

Burt: This is Duffusmonkey I found him half starved in a sheriffs office.
    Duffusmonkey: I can't thank you enough I thought I was a goner when.... arggh
    Burt: Crap he's changing BLAM BLAM BLAM, Thanks Shirly you have always been there to fix my mistakes
    Likes Storm liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Donate to win a:

Date with Burt!

That's right! A date with Scott Marvin, the voice behind Burt, gun slinging cry-baby (That's right I said it), and fan favourite will take you out for a romantic, candle lit dinner for two (or three) at the nearest Roscoe's Chicken & Waffle!

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I couldn't see tasking the cast to record people's voicemail messages. That's just . . . that's just fucked up.

That said, I would never change my voicemail if Jenna did it, and I would probably spend all day calling myself.
    I was thinking the same thing...

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Because of a mutual love for Jenna's vocal cords?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast