User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave her?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered

Pin Leave her?

I hope this has not already been discussed in another thread.

I am going through Season 3 again and just listened to CJ's account of the fall of her tower. Hearing this has created a new theory idea. Ever since CJ was introduced her defining characteristic has been her intelligence. Her ability to plan and problem solve has been continuously demonstrated and recognized by all of the characters. Yet when an opportunity to kill a threat our old friend pinstripes chose to say "leave her". (With a truly chilling voice I might add.)

So here is the skeleton of a theory. I am still working on.

I would say that Pinstripes has a much more elaborate plan than we are aware of. I would even argue that all survivors are constantly under surveillance even during the more mundane activities. This is hardly a stretch considering how frequently characters look up in a crisis and see someone watching.

We have also seen numerous examples that intelligence plays a role in zombie type.

Therefore I would say that CJ was spared in that time because of her intelligence because Pinstripes was planning to use her in future generation of Zombie. ( a similar theory could be considered for the attempted kidnapping of Tanya.)

The rest of her towers residents were more useful as food/whatever else but she was spared as part of an elaborate insurance plan that eventually she would be useful. Pinstripes seems to have a keen understanding of militaristic hierarchy and could have assumed that without people to carry out her plans she was not a threat to his evil machinations.

I am not suggesting that CJ is an essential part of the big bad's plans, just another spoke in the wheel.

This idea could end up creating a cohesive plan of all of the seemingly random encounters. Sorry if this one is not completely coherent. I may edit some after some sleep. later guys.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

CJ won't survive anyway. It's sad, but it's true.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    agreed, but that incident got me thinking in those lines so she became the example for the post.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I've been considering a similar thread for quite some time now. Every once in a while you catch a howl or a growl on the breeze. Could be just something simple like sound design with the intent of keeping things tense or it could be something very, very deliberate on Kc's part. He seems evil like that. An evil little bald ewok. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else . . . .

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Yeah, maybe she was left by "one" zombie (probably TOWTM), who said "leave her", because the zombies need some special survivors in order to evolve their own kin and become more potent.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    KC has just about convinced me that everything possible is deliberate.

A larger plan also gives reasoning behind why Pinstripes didn't chase Riley and Kalani in the hospital.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I had always held onto the belief that the others were told to leave her because casualties would have been too high at the time in order to take down that crazy broad with all the ammo and the all the guns and nothing left to lose. I'm not so certain that there was a master plan as far as CJ was concerned. It seemed more self-preservative.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I had always held onto the belief that the others were told to leave her because casualties would have been too high at the time in order to take down that crazy broad with all the ammo and the all the guns and nothing left to lose. I'm not so certain that there was a master plan as far as CJ was concerned. It seemed more self-preservative.
    This was on my mind as well all the time, 'cause it simply made sense - from 'our' perspective.

But then again: How many zeehs were just plainly and simply wasted when they tried to overrun The Tower during The War? Any attack on convoys included losses as well. And not to forget the last run on The Colony, which would certainly create losses in the ranks of the zeehs.
    We have zeehs preparing traps and ambushes, zeehs organizing themselves, and at least the group of zeehs around TOWTM starting to move a lot more tactical then in the beginning and during the first weeks of zeeh-pocalypse. At least the idea of having kind of a "plan" or "idea" behind certain means of attack or avoidance makes them more ... Well, what strikes me right now: This podcast is a "story of survival". What, if TOWTM and the smart-ones have realized their situation and now just try to establish the best possible means of survival - which would include tactical decisions on the field as well as certain 'experiments' ... ?

Am off to the library. I shouldn't have read this topic ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    This was on my mind as well all the time, 'cause it simply made sense - from 'our' perspective.

But then again: How many zeehs were just plainly and simply wasted when they tried to overrun The Tower during The War? Any attack on convoys included losses as well. And not to forget the last run on The Colony, which would certainly create losses in the ranks of the zeehs.
    We have zeehs preparing traps and ambushes, zeehs organizing themselves, and at least the group of zeehs around TOWTM starting to move a lot more tactical then in the beginning and during the first weeks of zeeh-pocalypse. At least the idea of having kind of a "plan" or "idea" behind certain means of attack or avoidance makes them more ... Well, what strikes me right now: This podcast is a "story of survival". What, if TOWTM and the smart-ones have realized their situation and now just try to establish the best possible means of survival - which would include tactical decisions on the field as well as certain 'experiments' ... ?

Am off to the library. I shouldn't have read this topic ...

All the best!
    Liam
    I see what you're saying. I'd be more inclined to view that plan has having nothing to do with CJ. Sure, there's a reason why the Zeds have "wasted" mass on various targest, while pulling back from others. It feels more like it is whatever suits his purpose. He's got no specific plan for any given character, just an overall plan of . . . well, that's up for debate still.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Ibthisgetsmoved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast