User Tag List

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    In the army these things are called anti-tank ditches, they would be an excellent addition to the defense of the base, and soldiers at Fort Irwin should have been masters at emplacing them. Here's a cross-section view of a common design

The design of the anti-tank ditch works exactly like a moat, putting a wide barrier in front of an enemy that is hard for them to cross, stops their forward momentum, and causes them to bunch up, making it easier to kill them. A couple of design refinements include the shear face on the far side of the ditch, usually topped with barbed wire, intended to make it hard for normal humans to climb up. The base of the ditch can be mined, and makes an excellent kill zone for hand grenades dropped from above or mortar fire. And it's SOP to site machineguns so that they can fire down the length of the trench.

When I was at Fort Irwin every training unit would have to construct anti-tank ditches, sometimes miles of them, in support of their operations. There were warehouses full of reinforcing and barrier materials on hand to support this work. When they finished their missions we made them fill them all back in again and turn in the supplies.
    So has Kc put you on the payroll for added research on any of his projects going forward, or are you still up for bidding? lol. btw-REP
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Annnnnnnnnd, that's it for spamming this thread before the next episode. Thanks for the welcome backs guys!

Cannot wait for wednesday!
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Or cheap....where is this fundraiser? I leave for 2 weeks or so and no one gets an upstart...pssssh
    the loss of my beard would cause a certain Portland nurse to start hunting....people. Let it go brother
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    So after a long overdue relisten of season 3 I discovered several interesting things. Ft irwin has texas barriers as walls around it. An infantry training was suppossed to happen when shtf. And the la map from "short term memory" is in ft irwin. And pinstripes was either very lucky in placing himself near where saul, vic, and cj had been for the past week or he has been watching them for quite some time now.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    So after a long overdue relisten of season 3 I discovered several interesting things. Ft irwin has texas barriers as walls around it. An infantry training was suppossed to happen when shtf. And the la map from "short term memory" is in ft irwin. And pinstripes was either very lucky in placing himself near where saul, vic, and cj had been for the past week or he has been watching them for quite some time now.
    Pinstripes is either an adrenaline junkie or an pathological psycho-/sociopath - or both: Bill Roberts. Just remember his solo mission to the tower.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Pinstripes is either an adrenaline junkie or an pathological psycho-/sociopath - or both: Bill Roberts. Just remember his solo mission to the tower.
    PinStripes also entered into CJ's tower solo at first. It appears that it likes to do things solo and will call the horde if needed.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Pinstripes has been spotted solo twice that we know of, right? Our Tower and Cain Hospital.

We don't have "definitive" proof that he was at Dunbar - just Saul saying that the security cam still CJ had was him. We don't have "definitive" proof that pinstripes was on the roof commanding the Zeds in The War. We don't have "definitive" proof that pinstripes was in the arena (biut someone that looked like him at least was per Kalani).

I'm still holding on to the the theory that we have more than one Zed that is getting lumped into the Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM identity.... There's something important in there. I'm sure of it.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I'm still holding on to the the theory that we have more than one Zed that is getting lumped into the Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM identity.... There's something important in there. I'm sure of it.
    I think that is a verry interesting point of view. I get the feeling however that if there are that our convict from the mental ward is probably in charge. The choice to tatto the little ones, in my humble oppinion, points toward that.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Cabbage Patch is the man - the anti tank ditches are money and I was a little shocked that there was no mention of this. That's exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned moats - they work and there was enough time and manpower to build them and throw nasty shit in there like barbed wire, broken glass, etc.

Hell, maybe they DID have them and the zombies were all getting through the checkpoints (which for all we know could have been like bridges), but in that case, unconventional methods such as fire or caustic chemicals should have been employed. While Irwin didn't know about the special zombies, regardless I would assume that bullets and artillery would have been considered a limited commodity and alternate methods of holding back even standard zombies would have been employed.

Everyone blames Kimmet in this regard, but frankly I don't see that he's that bad of a guy. He was right about nuking Boulder and he was right about not letting people through without proper screening.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    the loss of my beard would cause a certain Portland nurse to start hunting....people. Let it go brother
    A reply like that with no further information? I think we need a script written up about a rampaging portland nurse hunting people over the loss of a beard.....
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast