User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Kimmet nuke Fort Irwin.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Question Fort Irwin - To **** or not to ****, that is the question.

As quick as Kimmet was to dial up the nuke in Boulder to save humanity, do you think he'll be just as quick to turn Fort Irwin into a glowing crater (with him still there) to take out the zombie horde?

Or is his "bigger picture" vision restricted to other people?

What do you think?
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Nov 16th, 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Edited thread title
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Kimmet made the right call with boulder. It's a really tough call to make, but if you think about it, ONE marked zombie turned an entire town. Imagine what would have happened if that infection spread to the various pockets of resistance in the country?

I don't see that he has any choice BUT to nuke Irwin, unfortunately.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gentle reminder: Do not post spoilers in thread titles. Thread titles link directly to the homepage. Some listeners aren't caught up yet and spoiling things is bad m'kay? M'kay.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

The nuke as means to suicide/ homicide people in order to safe them from becoming zeehs => +1 (questionable/ arguable though)
    The nuke as to stop them zeehs => fail - was in Boulder, would be in Irwin.

I will think about the poll and vote later ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Kimmet made the right call with boulder. It's a really tough call to make, but if you think about it, ONE marked zombie turned an entire town. Imagine what would have happened if that infection spread to the various pockets of resistance in the country?

I don't see that he has any choice BUT to nuke Irwin, unfortunately.
    If there still are pockets of resistance, why have there been not short/longwave transmissions? Are all amateur radio operators dead or zombified? I do not think that detonating the bomb had a sustancial impact on these groups. However, I guess that Fort Irwin is toast because the whole location will serve no purpose in season 4. Let's go out with another bang!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Gentle reminder: Do not post spoilers in thread titles. Thread titles link directly to the homepage. Some listeners aren't caught up yet and spoiling things is bad m'kay? M'kay.
    D'oh! I'm sorry about that. Wasn't thinking at the time.

Won't do it again and thanks, Nik, for catching and fixing it.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    If there still are pockets of resistance, why have there been not short/longwave transmissions? Are all amateur radio operators dead or zombified? I do not think that detonating the bomb had a sustancial impact on these groups. However, I guess that Fort Irwin is toast because the whole location will serve no purpose in season 4. Let's go out with another bang!
    Even before the apocalypse there were/are few radio operators. Afterwards, that number would go drastically down and added to that is the fact that you have to be on the same channel at the same time, atmospheric conditions, etc. Perhaps the colony did reach radio operators and that's how they got new people, but I'm sure there are others left in the world. There's just only so much time that can be dedicated to dealing with the rest of the world in a podcast and everything else is left up to our imaginations.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Never thought about the difficulties in making long range radios work. We've gotten so used to phones & commercial broadcasts (and Hollywood depictions) that the realities of communications beyond walkie talkies is lost on most of us...

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Even before the apocalypse there were/are few radio operators. Afterwards, that number would go drastically down and added to that is the fact that you have to be on the same channel at the same time, atmospheric conditions, etc. Perhaps the colony did reach radio operators and that's how they got new people, but I'm sure there are others left in the world. There's just only so much time that can be dedicated to dealing with the rest of the world in a podcast and everything else is left up to our imaginations.
    Good point. But would you not start looking for a communication device after having secured your little anti-zombie sanctuary?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Good point. But would you not start looking for a communication device after having secured your little anti-zombie sanctuary?
    Well, the colony had a good collection of radios. So did the mallers and CJ. But apparently they were all short/medium range comms (except for Glenn's sat phone). The long range stuff is more special purpose so harder to acquire and know how to operate. Thus probably not as "valuable" to survival as the others up front.