User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kalani

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I don't think the accent is a big deal. I don't know if a description of Kalani's ethnicity has been put in to the story, I'll have to relisten, but I've always pictured him as a white dude from Hawaii. In fact, I have an exact image of what I think Kalani looks like:

The dude from Thinner, except in a Hawain shirt.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    Datu was still sick at the time of the war, I know for a fact someone said it but i'm not sure who. Datu was taken upstairs because he was still recovering from shock. I WANT Kalani to be the rat, the fact is that he may be a coward but even tommy stayed to help.
    Datu during the actual War: Chapter 12-2 (11:05). Pegs says he's recovering slowly, and talking and that he was taken upstairs by Riley. They don't mention anything about him being sick or out of it anymore.

Datu sounded perfectly fine to me in Chapter 13... Up, moving, being a pessimistic annoyance etc... Remember, they arrived back at the Tower on relatively early on July 3rd. The part was on the night of July 4th. That's a full day to recover. And as I said above, he was moving around and talking.

Tommy stayed to help to restore their cameras which was a skill only he had. He was still serving a purpose downstairs. When the office was blown to hell, he asked to stay, and they let him.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Fair enough, but I still don't think Datu would give up his home to a bunch of criminals. I am devoted to Kalani being the rat and if Kc doesn't make him the mole I might cry. Even if he isn't the rat, you have to admit Kalani's story doesn't add up.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    Fair enough, but I still don't think Datu would give up his home to a bunch of criminals. I am devoted to Kalani being the rat and if Kc doesn't make him the mole I might cry. Even if he isn't the rat, you have to admit Kalani's story doesn't add up.
    I have, and will always, admit that Kalani's story doesn't add up. I've just always thought Kalani was too easy because he was such an unlikeable character. The theories that you and Funny Muffins have put forward are very very solid because you've found the evidence that doesn't add up. You aren't just saying "Kalani is a stupid doo doo head and I no like him! He did it!" The reason I stick with Datu is he was the only one with a (relatively) known reason to change the situation and want to end it all. It's the only evidence contained within canon at the moment in my opinion.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Does all your hate for Kalani stem from him being a entitled son of a gun who kisses up to the current leader? I LIKE Kalani, although I do see some similarities between him and me, I think some of the hate is irrational, he is the latest new survivor , and the fact that he is a pessimist(realist?) seems to rub people up the wrong way, Either way, I don't really see where this Kalini hate is coming from.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Kalani, the known coward, went upstairs with everyone else. If you have no weapon knowledge, and no weapon in your hand...sober or not you run and hide.

And if you want to accept Kalani not being seen as evidence he's the rat, then you have to also add that into the Datu evidence column. Datu was also sober and also not seen for the entirety of Chapter 12.
    Just to add on: Datu went out with the group during the mission to track the zombies and had been away from the Tower through chapters 8,9, and 10. The food and weapons had already been stolen by the time the team got back in Chapter 11 and and he was out of it the day of his rescue and and the following which was the party/War. Up until then he seemed content with everything and helpful.

I didn't account for Datu in my alcohol theory, however he was kept out of reach from the rest of the zombies by other boozers whereas Tommy was downstairs near all the action.

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire
    yes She was, but Kalani wasn't.
    Who wouldn't want to party with a drunk lawyer lady who is being extra friendly to everybody? It's the end of the world after all.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Who wouldn't want to party with a drunk lawyer lady who is being extra friendly to everybody? It's the end of the world after all.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post
    Does all your hate for Kalani stem from him being a entitled son of a gun who kisses up to the current leader? I LIKE Kalani, although I do see some similarities between him and me, I think some of the hate is irrational, he is the latest new survivor , and the fact that he is a pessimist(realist?) seems to rub people up the wrong way, Either way, I don't really see where this Kalini hate is coming from.
    I never said "I hate Kalani". I think he is an amazing character, personality wise I don't like him. But I think Kc did a good thing to bring a supposed pilot into the mix.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Just throwing this out there. I can't remember if it was already said.

Has anyone noticed that in the beginning, they passed up Michael to attack the guy who was being noisy behind him? Yeah, the other guy drew attention to himself, but Michael says "Something inside me told me not to move" and they ignored him to kill someone else. In Chapter 10, Kalani was out (or faking it) and they passed him up to get Samantha instead (who was also drawing attention to herself). She initially told Datu to "Freeze" and to just trust her. Perhaps movement plays a role in who they attack.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Just throwing this out there. I can't remember if it was already said.

Has anyone noticed that in the beginning, they passed up Michael to attack the guy who was being noisy behind him? Yeah, the other guy drew attention to himself, but Michael says "Something inside me told me not to move" and they ignored him to kill someone else. In Chapter 10, Kalani was out (or faking it) and they passed him up to get Samantha instead (who was also drawing attention to herself). She initially told Datu to "Freeze" and to just trust her. Perhaps movement plays a role in who they attack.
    No that hasn't been said and that even helps my theory! thank you Zombiehead

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I don't think the accent is a big deal. I don't know if a description of Kalani's ethnicity has been put in to the story, I'll have to relisten, but I've always pictured him as a white dude from Hawaii. In fact, I have an exact image of what I think Kalani looks like:

The dude from Thinner, except in a Hawain shirt.
    Hey Hero. This is what I've been thinking! I really don't picture Kalani as a Hawaiian native, as most people do. I guess it's his voice, but I think based on Datu's description of him in the arena, my first impression was a guy that looked a lot like your reference. Datu described him coming into view as a large white blob. I believe he said his hair was dyed brown but starting to show the grey, and his face did not match the name. *hint* *hint*! I think he's a lying about something!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast