User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

We're Not Dead #51

Due to hurricane sandy (and hey bitchy I'm gonna fuck up your power grid ways) I'm safely assuming this episode, like many others, will be delayed. But just because my life is currently engulfed in 50mph winds with gusts up to 90 doesn't mean you can't post your thoughts here!

So....is she alive, or dead??
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I'm new to the forum and WND so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have to ask- Where the F is the Navy? Has that been mentioned?

As a veteran of that branch of service, I totally think the series should end with a dozen big grey Chinooks swooping down and rescuing everyone shortly before a squadron of F-18 turns the zombie horde into a glass parking lot. Well, not really, but a guy can dream.

Anyways, thank you for WND, it's great!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hawken50 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and WND so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have to ask- Where the F is the Navy? Has that been mentioned?

As a veteran of that branch of service, I totally think the series should end with a dozen big grey Chinooks swooping down and rescuing everyone shortly before a squadron of F-18 turns the zombie horde into a glass parking lot. Well, not really, but a guy can dream.

Anyways, thank you for WND, it's great!
    That question has come up, but we've never had any answers. We're about seven months post Z-Day now. If units of the fleet were at sea at the time is there a chance they could still be out there in operating order?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Ha ha. Stoopid me. I was just about to reply that some of the ships were sent out to avoid the storm until I realized that you weren't asking about the real-life navy. I'm near a navy base during a hurricane.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    That question has come up, but we've never had any answers. We're about seven months post Z-Day now. If units of the fleet were at sea at the time is there a chance they could still be out there in operating order?
    It is certainly possible, even probable. Nuclear powered ships are more limited by food for the crew than by fuel rods for the ship. And there are ships that travel in the Battle Group with them that carry A LOT of food and fuel for the planes and non-nuke ships. Assuming 1/3 of the USN fleet was at sea on Z-Day (which it probably is on average), that's A lot of firepower floating around out there. Add to that the amphibious ships loaded with Marines to take and hold ground. They wouldn't just sit out there and starve, they'd use the tools they had to take a port and hold it to resupply.

That's just mental masturbation anyway. Having the Navy swoop in and save the day out of nowhere would be a cop out at this point. But it would be cool if we made an appearance

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

About that scream near the end, CJ's?... Bone Chilling! It's unsettling when a hero screams for their life, with such vulnerability, after we've developed an image of them being as tough as nails and as fearless as a junkyard dog. Reminds me of the first encounter we have of CJ when she screams at Saul and Victor, "You're NOT taking me!!!" That was disturbing too. Sounds every bit of a woman being abducted by strange men; in stark contrast to the bad ass projection she gave when she took down Saul.

KC and Constance make a perfect team here. Why can't they find talent like her for Law & Order: SVU?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    WOULD SOMEBODY KILL THAT BITCH ALREADY?!

phew sorry I just finished the new episode. Burt needs to go The Patriot and run that biatch through with an American flag. Argh, garbled rage.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Wow... that's not bitter and angry at all.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Due to hurricane sandy (and hey bitchy I'm gonna fuck up your power grid ways) I'm safely assuming this episode, like many others, will be delayed. But just because my life is currently engulfed in 50mph winds with gusts up to 90 doesn't mean you can't post your thoughts here!

So....is she alive, or dead??
    I really hate to say it, because I love CJ, but I think she is dead or dying. I posted in another forum that there maybe there is a possibility that the scream CJ released was due to Scratch changing targets and attempting to deliver the kill shot (with her knife) to Saul. The fan in me want to believe that. The reader in me believes that CJ took a knife to her back, because she has to die in order to prevent uneeded future conflict with Lizzy.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    We've never really known all so much about CJ as a character. I mean obviously we know bits and pieces here and there, and we understand the way in which she plans/fights (amazingly/badly, as seen in this episode). I think that the latter could really indicate that she is in fact going to die - remember that this isn't just Nik's theory, it's actually KC's. CJ was intentionally written as an amazingly smart woman who is rash when it comes to acting. That trait leading to her death would make complete sense in terms of character and plot development.

That said, I don't want her to die, and I'm not sure if she will. But I am reminded by KC's words "maybe her and Michael will never meet". Fuck man. I don't want her gone. But honestly, there's not too much that we still need from her per se - we have all her information from narrating alongside Kalani in Chapter 27, we have Dunbar towers where a bunch of shit is still stored, and we have all her equipment. I really saw it being built up from Saul's warning...

Man fuck that. I don't even know what to think, but it'd be against my better judgement to pretend that she's not going to die. I think she's toast. But I'm wondering what happens to Scratch. Maybe she reveals that she killed Angel, which helps Saul avenge his death. But then what about Riley's tensions with Angel and Lizzy? That leaves Riley all up in there air.

=(

Edit: I am overreacting. She honestly might just have been wounded, and we should remember that CJ is also an insanely crafty woman. Her vs Scratch is probably the best matchup I can really think of, both two very determined women. It could honestly go either way, we'll just honestly have to see. I am hoping that she will continue to fight, even if injured, but it depends on the severity of the wound.
    Last edited by fridginators; Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast