User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 35-1

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Nope. You're 100% wrong. You can clearly hear Saul mumble "damnit" which serves to distract CJ. Scratch makes her move. You hear CJ drop something as she's taken down by Scratch who says "But I've got you" and the sound of a knife slipping into flesh. As CJ screams we hear Burt. Scratch follows that with "You lose. I win."

It is absolutely Jenna's voice heard last.
    As much as it pains me to support a Scratch supporter, I agree with everything in this post. Bonus points for being one of the first people to spell 'lose' correctly when typing Scratch's final line.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    You're supposed to dislike Scratch. As for the end of the Mallers? It feels like that whole thing ended with the death of Durai.
    No, I think if you look reeeeeally close you might find one or two still at the colony.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Then you need to go back and listen to the quality of Scratch's voice in that last scene. Listen to the saliva and the tone. None of that is present in CJ's performance. Saul has been downed, Burt is locked away, CJ is bleeding out on the carpet (or... you know... tiles). I really don't see how you're not getting this. Honestly, if you don't recognize Jenna's voice above any other on the show... you're not listening.
    Damn. You're a little abrasive aren't you? Yes, I'm listening, and I am an active listener. The part that really doesn't sell it for me is the "you lose" there's too much finesse. Throughout the series, including this scene, Jenna has her usual scratch-y growl. I don't hear it here. I don't think it's her.

Hopefully, we'll find out next monday.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

*shuffles out side door...*
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ferroaj View Post
    Damn. You're a little abrasive aren't you? Yes, I'm listening, and I am an active listener. The part that really doesn't sell it for me is the "you lose" there's too much finesse. Throughout the series, including this scene, Jenna has her usual scratch-y growl. I don't hear it here. I don't think it's her.

Hopefully, we'll find out next monday.
    A little abrasive? Must be this cold. I'm usually really abrasive. I will say with utmost certainty that it is in fact Jenna's voice. It has all the tell-tale Jenna markers up to and including the subtle sound of saliva in the back of the throat and around the molars on the words: you, I, and win--this sound is also present in the dialogue "I got you" which is undoubtedly Jenna's voice. Those vocalizations were not present in any of Constance's dialogue.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    A little abrasive? Must be this cold. I'm usually really abrasive. I will say with utmost certainty that it is in fact Jenna's voice. It has all the tell-tale Jenna markers up to and including the subtle sound of saliva in the back of the throat and around the molars on the words: you, I, and win--this sound is also present in the dialogue "I got you" which is undoubtedly Jenna's voice. Those vocalizations were not present in any of Constance's dialogue.
    I'll give this a whirl in some different speakers and report back with my findings. I know what you mean by the "saliva" sound. I just can't hear it.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ferroaj View Post
    I'll give this a whirl in some different speakers and report back with my findings. I know what you mean by the "saliva" sound. I just can't hear it.
    You need good headphones to hear the subtlety of WA.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Jenna has a lovely flexible voice.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Jenna has a lovely flexible voice.
    Duh. Of course she does, she's awesome.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

As we're getting somewhat testy on this subject, a gentle reminder big brother is watching. Even when there is no power on the east coast. Disagree all you want, but keep it civil. Carry on.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast