User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    Hopefully Tanya being out will help explore this... I can see the bread crumbs do seem to be pointing to the Meds... I imagine she was experimenting with doses, combo's etc. so it is a definate possibility she used the antibiotics on others... but I imagine she wouldn't repeat with her son the exact process she used with others that ended up turning.
    But she would repeat the process she used on herself that apparently kept her from turning, that she prolly mixed in a moment of panic and seems to have worked thus far....no?
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I concur. Just thiking, maybe even over kill on TOP of that. It is one thing to be stingy and use up all the supplies for something you don't even know if it will work for your self... for your kid: 0 hesitation. Givem all we got!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pillars View Post
    Do you think Tanya used the same antibiotics on others (ex. the slow turner) that she used on Saul and herself? I know she said that there wasn't a plentiful supply, but she probably tried them once or twice on others that eventually turned.

Yes, she actually says that the antibiotics were tried on the slow turner in Chapter 20. Also, note that she goes straight for the most powerful antibiotics she had available instead of building up to it with others. Another breadcrumb is CJ's suspiscion that the drugs have something to do with Saul's immunity at Ground Zero. Also supporting the drug solution is the fact that we have not seen evidence of anyone else being immune other than Saul and Tanya.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

Yes, she actually says that the antibiotics were tried on the slow turner in Chapter 20. Also, note that she goes straight for the most powerful antibiotics she had available instead of building up to it with others. Another breadcrumb is CJ's suspiscion that the drugs have something to do with Saul's immunity at Ground Zero. Also supporting the drug solution is the fact that we have not seen evidence of anyone else being immune other than Saul and Tanya.
    Yea, I think based on her having the cut/bite and not turning, her experiments, going right for the gusto on Saul, AND CJ's questioning of it, that she's found these drugs can stave off the onset of the virus, and others seem to only delay it. Perhaps she thinks/knows its only a matter of time before her/her son can turn based on the strength of the medicine....that seems more plausible than the natural resistance to me. Again, based on the breadcrumbs thus far
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Scavenger"

Status
    I'm betting that if the scavengers at the colony got their hands on those paticular meds with the time and areas available to them, then the hands of ft. Irwin can stretch further and retrieve more. That may even be a reason to go back to the hospital in LA. They would probably try other hospitals first but there has to be a fair amount of those meds in the southwest U.S alone.
    Last edited by Pillars; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I may be wrong, but my memory tells me that Tanya tried the hardcore meds on the slow turner and realized the meds wouldn't stop him from turning.
    And even if this understand is wrong, even with this special antibiotics there is the problem with producing enough of it and using it on turned humans ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    I may be wrong, but my memory tells me that Tanya tried the hardcore meds on the slow turner and realized the meds wouldn't stop him from turning.
    And even if this understand is wrong, even with this special antibiotics there is the problem with producing enough of it and using it on turned humans ...
    Sounds plausible. Tanya's and Saul's immunity could have been caused just by their genes. See:
    http://digitaljournal.com/article/307120

If there *IS* actually an antidote, then the question arises, why anyone should deploy the Zeeh-virus around the world, when he is not just a quite frustrated member of a Doomsday sect.

Until now, I alway assumed the zombiecalypse to be the result of an experiment that utterly failed. But this would oppose the antidote's existence, would it not?

"Lurker"

Status
    What if it's a combination of the two ideas? i.e Tanya's line has some level of resistance/immunity, but would still be at risk of turning when bit without the kickass antibiotics.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lr42186 View Post
    What if it's a combination of the two ideas? i.e Tanya's line has some level of resistance/immunity, but would still be at risk of turning when bit without the kickass antibiotics.
    Good point.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lr42186 View Post
    That sounds very plausible. Sadly if this is true, it would make some very dramatic scenes, everyone fighting trying to get hold of Tanya and/or Saul to try and find a cure

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast