User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

We're Not Dead #43

Post your thoughts on this week's episode for us to talk about on the next episode of wnd
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Loved it. Hopeful that Durai ends up executed. Can't wait to hear Britt talk about coups, and can't wait to hear Scratch drag Burt into the courtyard in front of Lizzy.

That assumes, of course, that there is a courtyard and Britt will say "coop" again.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Loved it. Hopeful that Durai ends up executed. Can't wait to hear Britt talk about coups, and can't wait to hear Scratch drag Burt into the courtyard in front of Lizzy.

That assumes, of course, that there is a courtyard and Britt will say "coop" again.
    I most certainly agree about Durai. I'm really getting a feeling he doesn't survive the next episode.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Again...i say your wrong. I'd love to hear the how's and why's behind this happening...as of right now the only one with any issues as to durais direction of the group seems to be scratch...and only because she wants to fill her own objectives.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of durai strung up and gutted, fed a lead salad...whatever, sounds quite dramatic...i just don't see how we could connect those dots to make that happen in a twenty minute episode....

I'm sticking with my deal...bricks is taken out for trying to rat out scratch..think of it this way...either way, scratch wins
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking... bloodbath. Durai, Bricks, Bixby, and either Saul or Victor. Straight up OK Corral shit.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there.

A public trial or roll call for public punishment? Directed either against Bricks for 'false blackmailing' or Scratch for violating family rules? And all of a sudden this scene may turn and backlash against Durai with ending him?
    Strikes me kind of odd, but may seem to be a valid and solid development of things - and maybe not.

What if this has more to do with a chopper which flew over Los Angeles a few days ago? Think about it: The Colony owns a powerful radio-communication-facility which can be operated by The Mallers; maybe they received radio-communication of whatever kind, especially since odds may be well enough that the chopper did not communicate with encryption in order to get in touch with other survivors in LA. Also take into consideration that a chopper produces a lot of noise which is carried a long way in a literally deserted and void city, unless Fort Irwin did not deploy a super-high-tech-stealth-ultra-with-red-stripes-chopper-of-the-next-generation. So odds are The Mallers might have recognized the typical sound of it flying over LA.

So maybe, just maybe, this roll call is just all about introducing this new situation to The Mallers and The Colony-dudes in order to prepare something. Actually the audience knows that The Mallers are good in doing big things - like the attack on The Arena or the relocation to The Colony.

WA is ready for some new surprises. And by now we have at least two, if not three different locations with main characters which are not connected in any way anymore. Now would be a good time and opportunity to reconnect them. The military return to LA for supplies and maybe even rescuing people, The Mallers are interested in new guns and more scavenging.

Having either Scratch, Durai, and/or Bricks killed in the roll call does not make so much sense to me. Durai has little influence in the whole WA picture; as a character he barely showed up. So what would be the real gain for the story if he dies? And killing off Bricks would limit great story opportunities for the future - like his heavily discussed relation with Lizzy, his encounter with Saul, his Hulk-Power in combat etc. And punishing Scratch publicly would serve what purpose actually? I really don't think Durai would publicly punish Scratch for violating family-rules, because on the one side family-rules apply within the family only and on the other side this would hold the potential of destabilizing the whole The Mallers/ The Colony situation, since people would wonder as to why Durai would state such an example openly. And if this would happen in order to have a backlash against Durai, then this would end in killing Durai and Bricks together - and for what story-purpose again?

Now a real stretch: Since Glenn is quite the cable-guy for communication he may act as an double-agent; he would have means and chances enough to inform The Mallers about the secret plan of CJ's, Victor's and Saul's. And the whole roll call thing is all about uncovering their plans - and with that the underground-resistance within The Colony as well ...

tl;rd

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

If you think for a second that Scratch would let Durai get the upper hand when she's sooooo close... you're insane.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

You have noooooooo idea ...
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    ill save some space and not quote all of liams first post, but here we go...

the main issue i see with the chopper being the subject of the roll call is, the majority of the scouts are still o.g. colonists...i cant see them telling the mallers about a chopper flying over when they are out searching up toward the northen areas. (keep in mind, the chopper flew overhead quite a ways to the north, glenn and pete said they were in the same area as saul/vic roughly when they heard the chopper.)

i may have been reading to much into what gatekeeper said, but i got the impression that he knew glenn and pete made a break for it (i DO tend to read to much into this shit though). if gatekeeper knew of them leaving, id wager they really are on the up and up...i still cant believe just how sympathetic i found gatekeeper this episode...friggin amazing acting right there, people..i felt his soul break..thats awesome

i actually agree with liam completely about killing durai. i really see no purpose to killing him. his presence within the story could be equated to the presence of col. kimmet up to this point. are they the big bossmen? yup, for sure. do we really have a need to see them or hear them? nope, not really...those doing the actions are far more important to the story than those directing the actions. thats the biggest flaw i see with killing him.

the bricks angle: the thing i keep in mind is this. the chapter is called captive hearts. while i agree there's a ton of potential story that could involve bricks leaving the colony with our group theres also the tragedy that could evolve from bricks being killed before this has the chance to take place. we have speculated about the budding relationship between blondie and king kong for a while now..what better way to solidify our suspicions than to put these two into a postion where those feeling are made public? in front a VERY large group at that? and how does lizzie explain herself once the calvery does ride in?

and last but not least, the one nobody has thought of. Burt.

while we could think that perhaps burt is about to be publically offed...the same question as durai's death applies. what good would it do? none of the colonist even know who he is, and the only gain the maller clan could see would be a slight morale boost. but in truth, how much of a morale boost do they really need? think of the situation theyre in...sounds like a criminal paradise to me.....ultimately if it has to do with burt, it can only mean one thing

BURT FINALLY BROKE

kaw
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

yeah, the "northern territory of LA" limits the chance of the chopper being the reason for a roll call.
    And I so much hope that Burt is not broken ... I would be very sad about this, although I could and would understand if things turn that way ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast