User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Chapter's 31 Artwork: The Ring

Have we been given another clue, a red herring or am I reading too much into an artist's creative license?

I give you the artwork for Chapter 31 Scratches Ring.jpg

Now Behold! The Borromean Rings: 041029Borromean-200.jpg Duhn duhn Dahhh!!!

The Borromeo Family is very old, yet extant aristocratic family originating in Italy. The Borromean Rings appear on their Family Crest as well as having relevance in other areas such as mathematics, science, religion, the occult...

Probably, the main point is that the rings are arranged in such a manner that removing one will break the link of the remaining two.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Daumn, nice find. Much props. Sounds like something you'd find in the Uncharted series or Assassin's Creed.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Nice, just reading up about them, lot's of very interesting history, I just got a little more edumacated.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Ladies and gentlemen..grab your willow sticks..we're chasing wild gooses!

Sorry, but I just can't believe that clues to the story can be found here. Call me a cynic if you will...but yea....no
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post

Sorry, but I just can't believe that clues to the story can be found here. Call me a cynic if you will...but yea....no
    I've got a net!!!!
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l

Illuminati Zombies, you heard it here first.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Illuminati Zombies, you heard it here first.

I like that.
    But hey, Illuminati, Cosa Nostra, Priori de Sion, Rosicrucians, Knights Templars, Free Masons or The League of Extraordinary freakin Gentlemen aside, we can Dan Brown the hell out of this story. However, I think it is more likely that these story elements are analouges to the motifs that the symbols represent. I write about this in length on another thread about Ink's tattoos.

Keep in mind, as this story is told
    • We are presented clues relative to various story arcs. Sometimes they are repeatedly emphasized. Sometimes they pop up in random places. Lizzy vomiting, Bill Roberts covered in tattoos like Pinstripes, Kalani's wife had red hair like the girl killed at the golf course who he believes is Hanna...
    • The rings are mentioned in three episodes, thus far. Lizzy gives a detailed discription of the ring.
    • There are plenty of story arcs. Some deal with survival, love interests, the identity and motive of Pinstripes, origin of the outbreak, origin of the special zombies, what is the Family, Angel's and Scratch's connection.....

Sure there are lots of geese to chase but there are also lots of goose droppings to follow too. For instance, Lizzy describes the image of the circles on the ring down to the point on each circle. Also, in my original post, I note that the Borromean Rings not only represents an Italian Aristocratic family but a concept of three intertwined links connected in such a way that removing one breaks the link that bind them all. (Kind of like the ONE RING in LOTR )
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Another reason I think the emphasis is on the intertwined circles is because, when I was searching for this image I googled several search words but when I typed 'three intertwined circles' the Borromean Rings popped right up. That is how Lizzy described them.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    same search on bing gave me primarily celtic rings stuff(yea,bings rubbish blah blah) my opinion is simply this; this is an audiodrama, i get that we could feasibly gleam some small bits of generalized info from the artwork. i just cant help but cringe at the idea of another thread full of inks-tattoo's-esque theories. we were shown the ring, given an idea of yes this is a crime family, told its been around a long while, and there may be more to it than what we are seeing on the surface.....but we dont know that yet. those are details best left for the podcast, not gleamed from internet searches. ive done more than my fair share of googling the shit out of info for this podcast, and trust me...until kc wants us to know things..we dont. least when it comes to this sort of thing.

wow, look at me being rational...weird.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    same search on bing gave me primarily celtic rings stuff(yea,bings rubbish blah blah)

wow, look at me being rational...weird.
    Bing is not complete rubbish. They've given me over 30 bucks in Microsoft Points because of their Bing Rewards. (I could've gone with the Amazon gift cards, but I like my Xbox.)
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast