User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    We don't know the Mallers full strength and they could have a tatic to repulse the zombies that Team Tower has not yet figured out. There are some many variables in such a theorectical situation. Maybe they used scent cover from hunting stores in the surrounding area. Or found cache of silencers for their weapons. We just don't know.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Dave,

A few of your points are straight on. My first thought was also to use the bottles first. Maybe subtly throw them out and stall the Mallers until the Zombies arrive. Ok, so maybe I'm a bit mean but, hell they started it. However, looking back the bottles are what did in the tower and not the pipebombs are even the fire.

The best way to see this is to look back at the episode after the attacks are called off. They said that the front doors were gone. This was not done by the Mallers. Therefore, since they broke the bottles, it appears that the Zombies tore the door off. Which means the tower was NOT able to defend a major zombie attack. I think this is a major point to remember. The only reason they actually did last was due to the wall of fire holding back the zombies.

That means Michael's analysis of making this the weapon of last choice was accurate. Basically, it was a "MAD" weapon (mutually assured destruction) and should be treated as such.

A few other points to remember:

- When the Mallers where arriving the Tower had load music playing. Maybe they did not hear the few gun shots/car engines through all that noise. Burt was able to drive a tank truck to the tower, why couldn’t the Mallers drive a few cars?

- You can not zip line into a building unless someone has a way to get either above the building or into the building first.

- When did the Tower sustain a major Zombie attack? They fought off a few but I don’t think they actually fought off a full attack. Am I forgetting something?

Adogg

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    You can kill quitly with any melee weapon or a firearm with silencers. Since, it's my belief that the "mallers" are the ones responsible for cleaning out the reserve armory, they may have found something else in there. Only thing is that the Army isn't big on the silent treatment. They like to blow things up.
    I've worked the armory as an AF Security Force member and everything in there went bang. The one thing I do know, is that prisoners are the most inventive people in the world....
    Anyway, who was the one to originally want a party and get drunk? I need to listen to that episode again. Seems that was the dumbest idea in the world, but could have been part of the plan.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Adogg,
    I think the day they tried the experiment, several hundred zombies showed up at the building next door. That's the only time I remember a large number of them showing up. There may have been almost as many when Pegs dropped the pot though.
    I do think the Mallers had to have a rear guard set up, because there is no way that creatures, who are attracted via sight, smell and sound wouldn't come running inmass. Dying people aren't very quite, nor are they the best smelling.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Anyway, who was the one to originally want a party and get drunk? I need to listen to that episode again. Seems that was the dumbest idea in the world, but could have been part of the plan.
    It was Pegs idea to Micheal.

Also, who says they made any noise at all geting there? They just drove right up to the Tower and surrounded it. Now, the pipebombs certainly brought some...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    "There is also the question of the Maller's strategy and goals. If they are willing to use pipe bombs to so thoroughly destroy the defenses of the Tower, then they must not be interested in actually taking it, because whatever damage they do, then that's damage they will have to deal with when defending themselves from zombies, should they succeed. If you're going to bring 30 people and actually try and take and hold the Tower, then destroying it is counter productive."

i think the only pipe bomb that did serious structural damage to the tower was the one scratch threw at Burt inside the tower, and when she did this she was disobeying direct orders from Durai. She was also the one who lit the tower on fire by throwing a molotov inside, also against durai's orders, i believe this was right after peggs killed latch

but i think you brought up an amazing point, when u said that the mallers attack could have been far more devastating if they'd used their spy in the tower more effectively. If the whole tower was drunk, all the spy had to do, was silently kill tommy, who was on guard duty, and one of like 2 or 3 sober people in the tower, then slowly start moving mallers into the tower, also what you said about the spy possibly settting up a pulley system from the other tower, and getting mallers onto the roof, would have been a foolproof attack, with armed men hidden inside the building, the moment, the tower showed resistence, the mallers could have stopped it then and there, which i think might show something about the nature of the spy, perhaps they were not fully cooperating with the mallers?

if the tower was to drop the sweat bottles the moment the assault began, that would be dropping their ace in the hole at the beginning of the battle so i can understand why michael waited on throwing the bottles, but once again you are right, in saying that the tower would have a very good advantage over the mallers, in that they are defending a position, and the mallers are out in the open, having the horde focus on the mallers, while the tower launches its own attack with molotovs and such.

What surprises me though, is that you havent attacked the fact that the horde, for no apparent reason stopped their attack once day broke. if you recall, just as the zombies were about to overwhelm the tower, the leader called back the horde, and the attack ended. personally i thought this was the biggest weakpoint in the war.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
    - When the Mallers where arriving the Tower had load music playings. Maybe they did not hear the few gun shots/car engines through all that noise. Burt was able to drive a tank truck to the tower, why couldn’t the Mallers drive a few car?
    Adogg
    Really, the zombies didn't come to the tower with them pumping out music and then they still didn't come when the mallers started the fight against the tower. I mean one instance sure maybe it was a coincidence but with more than one I find it hard to believe that the zombies didn't come until they tossed out the bottles of sweat.

Brazen Mallers

What confused me was

1. the Mallers did not seem concerned that their loud attack might draw the Zombies.

2. Wouldn't one of the 30-40 Mallers be sweating if they were in a battle and climbing ropes; or bleeding after they were shot or injured? Why would the sweat jars be more potent?

3. And why wouldn't the Zombies follow the Mallers in retreat?

I'm a new fan and the suspense is killing me.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
    It was Pegs idea to Micheal.

Also, who says they made any noise at all geting there? They just drove right up to the Tower and surrounded it. Now, the pipebombs certainly brought some...
    Pegs gave the suggestion. And Michael ran with it. Kelly seconded (or thirded it) and then 18 members of the tower voted into law.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    What surprises me though, is that you havent attacked the fact that the horde, for no apparent reason stopped their attack once day broke. if you recall, just as the zombies were about to overwhelm the tower, the leader called back the horde, and the attack ended. personally i thought this was the biggest weakpoint in the war.
    That kinda bothered me a bit as well. But, it happened shortly after Burt took a shot at Ink who was commanding the troops. Maybe he saw the resistance they were up against while they fought the fire, and decided to bail?

Personally, i think, if the zombies had just kept the onslaught up for another 15 mins, they would have most likely overwhelmed the tower and the story would be over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast