User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Wow...totally missed it. When I post #38 thread repost the theory. I'll bring it up next week.
    You better bring up my slow turner theory.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    You better bring up my slow turner theory.
    Repost that too so it's fresh in my mind
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Repost that too so it's fresh in my mind
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Also, I'm not sure what Kimmet can gain by retaking L.A., BUTT, he may want to know more about ground-zero. So that could be the likely reason to return to L.A. (is that a Kurt Russel/Snake Pliskin movie; Return to L.A.?)
    The fuel depot and for near term plans and the port for the long term.

There is at least one fuel depot (tank farm) in canon LA, in realty there are several, though I couldn't nail down how many. Preliminary research has shown me that somewhere on the order of half of the fuel for California comes through LA. There are also 10 refineries in LA, not to mention the Defense Fuel Support Point (DFSP) in San Pedro.

There's also the Naval Weapons Station at Seal Beach which is surely chock full of bullets and bombs. Michael and Co. only took one Hummer from their Reserve Center at Bell, there were many other units and a lot of vehicles and other equipment there.

Don't forget that LA sits on the THIRD LARGEST oil field in the US. The pumps for which are cleverly hidden. Here's a mini documentary on the topic. There aren't just active wells but they are also drilling new ones. They are expected to be productive for at least another 50 years.

I think that Kimmet has an ample reason to retake LA. If he wants to be on teh front line of retaking the nation, LA should be his FIRST stop.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    I wonder, Who is running the factories that make the bullets needed for the guns? Are the factories even up and running at this point? It isn't like Kimmet can go online and order more supplies. So Kimmet taking back ground sounds like a good idea, but will they have enough ammo? Eventually manufacturing must start up again to continue to supply the troops.

I was watching Ken Burns's Civil War documentary. Supplies run out. When supplies run out the army surrenders. There's no surrendering in this war. It's win or be zombified.
    Last edited by Nate Eeez; May 24th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    I'm certain that there is enough materiel in stockpiles bunkers, dumps and caches to supply the "war effort" long enough for civilization and industry to get back on it's feet.

Back in the good ol' Commie fearin' days of duck and cover, there were innumerable contingency plans put into motion to ensure the continuing operation of the nation, like the National Strategic Reserve After the end of the Cold War, those stockpiles remained and kept in reserve for other emergencies.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    As long as they are able to access those stockpiles.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    There are 25 small arms ammunition manufacturers listed in California. Most are in or around Los Angeles, but there are a couple in the Mojave Desert, not too far from Fort Irwin. Most of these should be able to produce bullets in standard calibers. I think the biggest issue is going to be re-supplying them with gunpowder; I have no idea where nitrocelulose gunpowder is manufactured these days. Black powder isn't going to cut it when you're resupplying modern weapons.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; May 25th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    In my defense, we recorded Thursday night, and I had it sent by Friday afternoon. Attachment 1899
    That time on the East Coast is right when I'm leaving work, which means, for me at least, it may as well have been Saturday. No worries man!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    I must commend beez on the EXCELLENT editing! like when some clips from the episode lined up perfect with britt! i really feel like im re-living the most important parts of the episode!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast