User Tag List

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    What also was interesting about the first part was the discussion on how they can tell if someone is turned, which isn't by the blood.
    This can mean two things:
    - They can't find/detect what is in the blood that causes the turn
    - There is nothing in the blood to detect.
    Because they mentioned autopsy we know that there must be some structural changes to the body (what sort?), but it is interesting that they can't find anything in the blood.
    The first is most likely, for example, current HIV medications can reduce the virus circulating in the blood to levels where it is undetectable, but if the second is true then blood transmission might not be possible.
    How have the people turned that we have seen so far? Riley and Pegs said in Chapter 1 that they only saw people smash into each other. Otherwise it has mostly been bites which lends itself to being caused by saliva rather then blood.
    Last edited by cupcakezombie; May 14th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Not to pick bones, but I've known people who were career criminals BY the age of 15, let alone just starting. Whether or not he was 'made' has nothing to do with his familial connection, as Scratch was so kind to point out.
    It still doesn't mesh with him getting out of things enough to get himself into the AR, I think. Background checks for National Security positions can be extensuve. But, now I'm getting into stuff tjat cab be handwaved with poetic license. Considering the man responsible is sayibg cryptic things again, I should withdraw most of my theory . :P

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    It still doesn't mesh with him getting out of things enough to get himself into the AR, I think. Background checks for National Security positions can be extensuve. But, now I'm getting into stuff tjat cab be handwaved with poetic license. Considering the man responsible is sayibg cryptic things again, I should withdraw most of my theory . :P
    So when Scratch said "You have your dad's name" (14:35)... generally, extensive background checks would include immediate familial relations. They would likely know who his father was, the ties he had, etc. But, names can be changed well enough to... oh wait... no, if that were true, his criminal history wouldn't show up either... hmmm... holes in your theory.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    Wow. I never liked Angel at the start, but he really grew on me in Season 2. Thanks Kc, you've killed off 2 of my 3 favourite characters (Angel and Kalani), so please, please let Victor live.

I'd presume Lizzie is still alive as Bricks says he was watching the girl, and obviously Burt is alive too.

Going back to the part of the chapter now being overlooked, I think Tanya might not be immune, just because she was bitten by one that hadn't fully turned it didn't change her.

I'd guess the next chapter will focus around the Mallers and/or Saul/Vic/CJ, as we don't really have any outstanding business at Irwin, unlike we do in LA.
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

"Scavenger"

Status
    So when Scratch said "You have your dad's name" (14:35)... generally, extensive background checks would include immediate familial relations. They would likely know who his father was, the ties he had, etc. But, names can be changed well enough to... oh wait... no, if that were true, his criminal history wouldn't show up either... hmmm... holes in your theory.
    I just said I should probably withdraw it. But, I more meant, if he wad boosting cars since early to mid teens (or other crimes), and didn't get sent up river once? His prints aren't in the system? Feds weren't keeping ttack of his dad? And then, assuming hr managef to make it through hus youth with nary a blemish, and the DoD didn't catch on yo the fake name ir SSN he was using, he still had the ability to swing into college anf then do well enough that the Army took him as an ifficer and nit just an enlsted person? Thats where my theory lies. But all things that aren't really important if you're trying to craft a story.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Damn you KC, teasing us with 10 seconds of burt right before our 2 week withdrawls begin

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    I just said I should probably withdraw it. But, I more meant, if he wad boosting cars since early to mid teens (or other crimes), and didn't get sent up river once? His prints aren't in the system? Feds weren't keeping ttack of his dad? And then, assuming hr managef to make it through hus youth with nary a blemish, and the DoD didn't catch on yo the fake name ir SSN he was using, he still had the ability to swing into college anf then do well enough that the Army took him as an ifficer and nit just an enlsted person? Thats where my theory lies. But all things that aren't really important if you're trying to craft a story.
    There should be a ban on thumb keyboards. Jesus, ok.

Basically, the theory shoots itself in the foot. How could he be one thing without anyone knowing and yet, still be who he is. He isn't or he is. He's either connected to 'the families' or he isn't. Since he is, we can assume that he's either using a fake name or the background check didn't happen. So which is it? Either government ineptitude, or someone is an expert forger and really needs a good pat on the back.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    There should be a ban on thumb keyboards. Jesus, ok.

Basically, the theory shoots itself in the foot. How could he be one thing without anyone knowing and yet, still be who he is. He isn't or he is. He's either connected to 'the families' or he isn't. Since he is, we can assume that he's either using a fake name or the background check didn't happen. So which is it? Either government ineptitude, or someone is an expert forger and really needs a good pat on the back.
    My sincere apologies regarding the quality of the last post. It was beneath me. Anyway, my point simple is that he's not a /career/ criminal. Maybe he did get in trouble, maybe his dad was a hardcore criminal. I'm just saying the background might be a little more fresh prince if bel air. Got into some youthful trouble, but turned it around. I guess it does contridict my last statement a bit, so, apologies there.

Anyway, its based on aot of assumptions, and KCs viewpoint on the world is likely fairly different. My suspension of disbelief is not going to be shattered if what I'm talking about doesn't matter.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    What also was interesting about the first part was the discussion on how they can tell if someone is turned, which isn't by the blood.
    This can mean two things:
    - They can't find/detect what is in the blood that causes the turn
    - There is nothing in the blood to detect.
    Because they mentioned autopsy we know that there must be some structural changes to the body (what sort?), but it is interesting that they can't find anything in the blood.
    The first is most likely, for example, current HIV medications can reduce the virus circulating in the blood to levels where it is undetectable, but if the second is true then blood transmission might not be possible.
    How have the people turned that we have seen so far? Riley and Pegs said in Chapter 1 that they only saw people smash into each other. Otherwise it has mostly been bites which lends itself to being caused by saliva rather then blood.
    Nice thinking, Cupcake!

As further evidence for your 'Saliva, Not Blood' turning theory, I present the guy mentioned in one of the Tower-members journals who smashed a zombie's head apart with his bare hands, yet didn't immediately turn (though he was killed moments later). Remember that guy? Saul asked if he was still there... sounds like a 'bad ass'...

"Lurker"

Status
    Well good episode. Sorry about that Wraith you should go on the next Were not dead.

Did anyone bring this up Riley did she like Angel, I mean yes there was the hospital rooftop but do we know because KC just killed off angel. How will it / will it affect Riley if she finds out?

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast