User Tag List

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Fort Irwin and the Colony

Now that we know about Fort Irwin, Boulder and the Rescue Missions I wonder what is going to happen regarding the Colony.

We know that the Colony started out as an evacuation site, probably for refugees who were processed through Fort Irwin. When the evac helicopters stopped coming the survivors continued fortifying the site and it grew into the Colony.

It seemed clear to me that COL Kimmet was unaware that the Colony exists. Once Michael fills him in on its existance it's going to raise a big question. Should the survivors from the Colony be evacuated to join the population of Boulder? Or should the enclave be reinforced and developed in an effort to maintain a toehold in Southern California?

In either case, how should Fort Irwin deal with the "management" at the Colony?

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Well, once Michael clues them in that the Colony exists, my guess is Fort Irwin is going to go in and try to round them up and ship em out the Boulder. Now the question becomes how does Gatekeeper (Supreme Leader?) react when the army comes rolling in? And will we find Durai there too? Could be a small team get sent in to prepare the Colony people for evacuation ends up getting ambushed and we got ourselves an all out war on our hands.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Gatherer"

Status
    So just like with the Maller v Fort Irwin thread, the only problem with the Fort Irwin v Colony is the distance and the zombies in between. The military has humvees, tanks, helicopters, cargo planes, nukes, but that don't mean crap. They still have to fight there way to the Colony and back again.

Whats left of the military seems to be on rescue missions. Going to the Colony would not be a rescue mission more than it would be a civil war. Kimmet seems to be a practical man. The people in the Colony are in no imminent danger and they are surviving (even under slave like conditions). I could actually see Col Kimmet resupplying the Colony with food, weapons, and armaments. Anything to keep humans alive.