User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Wow... I honestly don't think I have ever turned on a character as fast as I did on Michael... He really turned into a crybaby in this episode! I actually laughed and cheered on Pegs when she dumped him!!! actually makes me miss Angel's whining!

article-1271344364473-09260AC0000005DC-847943_636x300.jpg
    Go on and cry you little crybaby!

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Not much to add on what has already been said, but a couple of things that I noticed.

Interesting about this Box name. Michael said that he had been there, but he didn't know it. It seems likely if there was a general nickname for it, if you had been there you would have heard it.
    So, is it possible it was added after the outbreak. If it was there are a few possible reasons that I can see:
    - Made to match the Sandbox name.
    - Because that is where the newbies are trained.
    - Or there is something more out that has meant it gained the nickname.

I also find Michael's wording interesting as the plane flies off with the other. He says "And just like that they were gone. She was gone. And I was the idiot who let her go".
    It strikes me that especially that last part, still sounds like someone that is writing about the past with a bit of perspective. The phrasing to me doesn't sound like something he would be writing on the day it happened. And, could this potentially be some foreshadowing and not just a broken heart talking? If things are good for Pegs in her new location, he is only looking back sadly. But if things take a turn for the worse, then this takes on a different meaning.

...Or I have been hanging out with you crack pot theory people too much and am now reading way too much into things.

P.S. If they find Saul again, he is going to be mad that they took Lady!
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

I'm not a huge fan of drama. Even so, this was a good episode. It was nice to finally get some info about what was going on.

I was really surprised at how Michael acted. I figured he'd be upset that the others would leave, but I didn't think he'd try to make them feel guilty about it.

As for the journals, Datu already said he'd continue to write in his. That makes me think we'll get to see some of what's going on in Bolder.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. Can't wait to see what happens with Tanya.

"Lurker"

Status
    I might not be the first one to bring this up but didn't we learn that Europe is possibly compromised from the TiVo in chapter 3. Riots or something like that. As we learned most of the world is compermised. It leaves Canada, South America, Australia, Africa and Russia that we don't know the status of. Multiple hotspots is interesting. It seems to be only big metropolitan areas that are hotspots. Particularly seaside ones. So the leaked gas theory seems a little far fetched now. Giant squids (aka Cthluthlu) therory could still work as only seaborn major cites have been fully confirmed. Virus therory is still viable. Too many variables still to have a source not to mention another season. As a previous post stated the colony has not been mentioned by the military. This chapter. My personal prediction at this point is Fort Irwin is attacked and damaged or destroyed so the tower group can escape ala the colony. This then would force the tower survivors to go back to LA to scavenge for food and other supplies.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    ...Uh, Unless the Outbreak Didn't Start Along the Ring of Fire...
    So all looks good for the Ring of Fire thing. However, way back in Ch. 2-3 ("The Two Things"), at 2:23, when they are listening to the TIVO of the news broadcasts about the outbreak, the following cities are mentioned as having 'rioting':
    • LA, San Diego, Detroit, Houston, Chicago, New York
    I don't think that it is strictly related to the Ring of Fire alone. It is just that that particular area of the planet is, shall we say, a bit more obvious in its seismic activity.

Houston is riddled with faults and Northwest Houston is apparently sinking.

New York Has a fault right under 125th street.

Detroit & Chicago

Close enough to the New Madrid and Wabash Vally Fault Complex/Seismic Zones in the Reelfoot Rift, that there could easily be undiscovered tangential faults. There could even be undiscovered fault complexes further north, as it has been noted that New Madrid activity is slowing and Wabash Vally is increasing. Like something is moving north.

Point of note: the two big quakes in New Zealand recently were on a previously undiscovered fault. I'd be curious to see what the status of other seismically active areas is in WA. Places like Iceland, the north Mediterranean and the Horn of Africa.

My research into this for the reply and for a fan fic I am working on revealed the Brevard Fault Zone in Atlanta. Cuts right through northwest metro, parallel to the Chattahoochee river and apparently the southeast border of my county. Snap.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; May 7th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kairon00 View Post
    I might not be the first one to bring this up but didn't we learn that Europe is possibly compromised from the TiVo in chapter 3. Riots or something like that. As we learned most of the world is compermised. It leaves Canada, South America, Australia, Africa and Russia that we don't know the status of. Multiple hotspots is interesting. It seems to be only big metropolitan areas that are hotspots. Particularly seaside ones. So the leaked gas theory seems a little far fetched now. Giant squids (aka Cthluthlu) therory could still work as only seaborn major cites have been fully confirmed. Virus therory is still viable. Too many variables still to have a source not to mention another season. As a previous post stated the colony has not been mentioned by the military. This chapter. My personal prediction at this point is Fort Irwin is attacked and damaged or destroyed so the tower group can escape ala the colony. This then would force the tower survivors to go back to LA to scavenge for food and other supplies.
    Welcome to the forums!

Chapter 2 you're thinking of. 2-3 right at the end.

One reason that hotspots appear in the cities first is simply because that's where populations are densest and are more likely to have media outlets to cover the outbreak. If an outbreak happened in the middle of a field in Idaho it would take a hot minute or week until the rest of us would become aware of it.

As for the Colony taking over Irwin....I really don't see it. Think of it this way: Irwin is way too far away for the Colony who seems pretty content to stay within their safe confines. Not to mention Kimmet already gave us a way to create the conflict with the Colony/Mallers: They are trying to retake ground. If Irwin tries to retake LA that seems a far more likely scenario to bring these folks together for a good ol' fashioned feudin'.This keeps Irwin safe, and we still have the conflict we're clamoring for!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Interesting about this Box name.
    Not to discourage anything, but "The Box" is just local lingo in Irwin for the Area to the north of the base that is used for training purposes. It's huge. Michael's reaction was my reaction. "Oh? I never heard it called that before", but all the locals do.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Not to discourage anything, but "The Box" is just local lingo in Irwin for the Area to the north of the base that is used for training purposes. It's huge. Michael's reaction was my reaction. "Oh? I never heard it called that before", but all the locals do.
    See, I have been spending too much time with the crack potters.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    "crack potters"...l like it.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Crack?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast