User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

What the public wants...? (or ideas for Britt cause we don't want her to burn out)

Osiris and I thought that we could help out our favorite pod cast about a pod cast and give some ideas and ask for others to give ideas of things we might want to hear Ms, Britt talk about with Nik on the show.

1. Britt and Nik's thoughts on how the story is progressing
    2. What they thought of the weeks chapter installment?
    3. Favorite threads
    4. guests (pod cast actors or not)
    5. (see where this is going)
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    6. Or Nik can kill two birds with one stone and put the voodoo lounge on it too? HINT damn it HINT!!!
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Kill the recap. We know what happened already. If we don't, we need to listen to the episode, not WND. PLEASE!

What I would actually love to hear in place of a recap:

Those really 'HOLY SHIT' moments from the current episode of We're Alive always create different reactions in different people. I'd love to hear Britt's reactions live. When you sit down to listen to the latest episode, turn your mic on and start recording... if you happen to have one of those moments where you have a real visceral reaction have it edited into WND and talk about that moment! But it would be awesome to hear you guys actually reacting to the podcast as opposed to just recapping and then reading some posts from the board. Not that I want you guys to stop doing that! Just kill the recap.

Wasn't Nik involved in theatre? Shouldn't you be able to comment on the acting, delivery, emotion, etc? Play to your strengths! You're insightful enough to come up with material for the voodoo lounge blog that isn't just recapping what we all just heard. The audio equivalent one character in a movie throwing a baseball at a target, then another character says 'You just threw a baseball at that target, huh?' Hell, you've got a new kid! Talk about life as a new dad! You're my host and I want to know more about my host.

Brit, you're far funnier than I think you give yourself credit for. I've been following BlondeNerd.com since I discovered it (thanks to We're Alive) and you are one of the funniest writers--who isn't doing it for a living--that I've come across on the internet in a long, long time. I check it daily and laugh my ass off 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I'm just not enough of a gamer to understand the jokes. Either way, you've got a listenable voice and when you're not reading off the page you're smooth and relaxed. I want to hear YOUR theories.

It's awesome that you guys pull posts off the boards and read them. I really do look forward to that portion of the show. Keep that up! Maybe start a new portion of the show where you do a profile on one of the cast members! You may not get a chance to interview them but feature a new cast member each episode. Switch it up too, one week is a cast member, the next is a production member?

Just ideas. You guys are doing a great job either way and I look forward to each new episode. Just not the recap.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    I agree she's quite funny. Vidjagames! has become a battle cry in my house. Thanks Britt... my four year old screams it when he wants to play his games LOL

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    Hey guys!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I promise I'm not burning out...these past few weeks have just plain ol' SUCKED because of illnesses and whatnot. Strep throat, losing my voice...ah, it's a beautiful thing isn't it!

I mean, I could record, but you guys have to promise me that you'll love my old-man sick voice.

<33333
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Hey guys!

I promise I'm not burning out...these past few weeks have just plain ol' SUCKED because of illnesses and whatnot. Strep throat, losing my voice...ah, it's a beautiful thing isn't it!

I mean, I could record, but you guys have to promise me that you'll love my old-man sick voice.

<33333
    Good! and we'd love your old man sick voice cause it was yours.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I would have to be careful not to love the old man sick voice too much

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Hey guys!

<33333
    Old-man sick voice reading a grocery list?! YES! I'm in!

P.S. This wasn't just a 'bitching' thread.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    i just wanted to sugest my 2cents, basicly i was thinking you guys should have a sticky post up on the WND forums so people can randomly ask questions, for example... i have a question which is basicly "Britt, do you read the Quad City WA RPG on the forums?"

the idea of having a sticky is so people can randomly ask things like that so that way you can have a Q&A section in WND this way instead of emails and tweeks you also get posts off the forums, i've not listened to many WND so i don't really know how it works but either way food for thought.

Hope i Helped

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    i just wanted to sugest my 2cents, basicly i was thinking you guys should have a sticky post up on the WND forums so people can randomly ask questions, for example... i have a question which is basicly "Britt, do you read the Quad City WA RPG on the forums?"

the idea of having a sticky is so people can randomly ask things like that so that way you can have a Q&A section in WND this way instead of emails and tweeks you also get posts off the forums, i've not listened to many WND so i don't really know how it works but either way food for thought.

Hope i Helped
    We've recently instituted (or reinstituted I suppose) posting thread titled "We're Not Dead #X" before we record every podcast. While it's not the sticky thread you're suggesting it does allow everyone to post a thought or question to the forum without having to email. In fact if you noticed the past two episodes I've been in charge of...I actually forgot to tell people to send in emails.....so uh.....oops...

We can definitely consider such a thread though.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast