User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are the zombies alive or undead?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alive

23 67.65%
  • Undead

5 14.71%
  • WTF BBQ

6 17.65%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by riskbreaker23 View Post
    I voted Alive only because of an "incubation" period that the George Romero Zombie virus seems to have that WA lacks. During this incubation period, the carrier physically dies. WA has no such transition, it's most of the time instant. However, I put an addendum; I do believe that the carrier of the WA disease, virus, mutation, what have you, is in fact dead. In my opinion it comes with the fact that whatever mutation or effect the virus... whatever we call it (seriously KC this is getting difficult to talk about! More DETAILS causes the carrier to be gone. There's no conciousness and to me that is REALLY what being alive is. That person is gone forever. Dead.

Though I voted for alive, I just have to add my two cents that in the end they are in fact "D-E-D... DEAD!" (points if you get the reference).
    I like your thinking.

Robin hood, men in tights
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Definitely alive, they would decay otherwise. Also in the chapter on the boat we saw that they could become malnourished if my memory serves me right.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Sutic57
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    We could also note that they do digest whatever they eat due to the fact that we have not seen any Zeds with grotesquely engorged stomachs filled with flesh.

Do they share their meals? Or do they just take what they get, like lions?
    if you think about it most of the standard zeds hunt like wolves they travel in packs rarely do you see one all by themselves if you see one by itself its usally because their group has been killed

the special varities well behemoths so far have been only hunting by themselves if my memory serves me right the little ones have been seen hunting in groups and them smart ones well they travel with the standards and set traps as for ink well as everyone knows he does whatever he wants whenever wants.

As for the question about alive or dead they were alive they were bitten or whatever happened to change them and they died technically their bodies are not dead but the person they used to be died.

As the creatures they are now they are living breathing organisims they need food to live they still have some things that would make them what is considered living.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riskbreaker23 View Post
    Though I voted for alive, I just have to add my two cents that in the end they are in fact "D-E-D... DEAD!" (points if you get the reference).
    The Gamers, early scene in the Inn, when the heroes are addressed by the huge warrior seeking revenge ...

@Topic:
    I voted for alive, although I believe it is something between life and death.
    The idea with the body-snatchers seems to be at least a valid theory.

What we have with the zombies, are these things:
    some kind of air-circulation
    bio-chemical processes (reactions to chloroform, hormons)
    behaviour controlled by certain "conditions" - the cry of pinstripe to gather the hordes and make them attack, his order to "leave her alone"
    some kind of organized behaviour (the whole prisoner behavior, capturing of people instead of simply killing them, applying to certain creatures (pinstripes being the boss, evading the behemoths))
    biological evolving/ mutation/ development (little ones of 6-7' in height ...)

But what, if all these things do not root in the zeds' individual motivation and bio-function, and what, if all this is kind of controlled "from the outside" - like with a parasite or nanobots or something? Or in a different directioN: What, if the Zeds are mutated versions of humans making them kind of "fungi"; afaik there is some debate around fungi, whether they are kind of a life-form or something else; same with viruses actually ... All of these things obey to the rules behind "bio", and yet they lack certain aspects of "bio" (sorry, too long ago, it's just bits and pieces from my time back in school more then 15 years ago).

From earlier chapters we know that the dead bodies of people still sit in their cars - days after the Zed-apocalypse started. Therefore the Zeds don't seem to be interested in simply devouring people. Dead bodies don't seem to suit "their" purposes - who- or whatever "they" are, the Zeds, their "parasites" or the organized company/ organization behind them ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    From earlier chapters we know that the dead bodies of people still sit in their cars - days after the Zed-apocalypse started. Therefore the Zeds don't seem to be interested in simply devouring people. Dead bodies don't seem to suit "their" purposes - who- or whatever "they" are, the Zeds, their "parasites" or the organized company/ organization behind them ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Excellent point! I wonder if Tanya was going somewhere with this when she questions why they had to burn Pippen insted of just burying him.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

It's hard enough deciding on what constitutes life, but what constitutes un-dead?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    It's hard enough deciding on what constitutes life, but what constitutes un-dead?
    I really have no clue. But from a legal point of view there are legal-scientists around - like Adam Chodorow - which propose creating special tax-laws for the undead, since they somewhere between the living and the dead ...
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2045255

edit: And this paper really is amazing to read ... It covers some basic tax-related questions aiming at zombies, but also about ghosts and vampires ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 6th, 2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: amendment
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Well um KC gave it away on his interview with radio drama revival if you check it out you will catch that he specificity something about he wanted to make a zombie podcast with alive zombies. You know I was pretty positive there alive based on the title of the story being were alive. I always saw it as a double for the tower saying were alive and the zombies being alive.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tielurrdee View Post
    Well um KC gave it away on his interview with radio drama revival if you check it out you will catch that he specificity something about he wanted to make a zombie podcast with alive zombies. You know I was pretty positive there alive based on the title of the story being were alive. I always saw it as a double for the tower saying were alive and the zombies being alive.
    Pfffft. Kc doesn't know anything. He's just as lost as we are in all this.

joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm curious about this since the 'little ones' thread, as well as the 'swimming zombies' thread. Has we gotten conclusive evidence that points toward the zombies being either alive or undead?

If not, what do you think? Alive? Undead? WTF BBQ? I want to know!
    Well, for me it was between Alive and WTF BBQ? Actually, the reason that I believe they're alive is because, the transformation is almost instant in most cases. There is no dying then coming back as a Zombie. Not to mention that I don't think Ink is a Zombie, he's just a crazy muthafucka that found a way to communicate. But that's me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast