User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Great episode. I've never been military of any form but I've had a lot of friends serve so i can catch on to whats going on from that and duh movies.I really have always dug the military aspect of this story. A big regret was never joining but anyways thanks to you guys who are filling in the gaps for us who don't know all the terminology involving this part of the story. Anyways what was with the line "sniper check" at 14:17 was that simply a glitch? That's what it seemed like it wasn't suppose to be there. So I thought I'd throw that out there. Congrats Brittany on getting your spot on the show I knew there was something happening with you "visiting" la and then the wnd post cast not coming out. KC probably called your ISP and made them shut you down so you weren't tempted to leak anything . I have good feeling for the stay at Irwin but I'm not sure how much faith I have in michael keeping mentally strong. I feel a break down coming on in this chapter or soon. Ok so let me see if anyone follows this thought. At the beginning michael was speaking about everything as it had already happened and looking back on it. We have porgressed way past the point of him being the only narrator. So forever I've wondered from at which point does it go from past to present because he spoke of him self being "27 at the time this all started". So is the end of the whole story him at this point of reflection or could it be sooner then that and will we go from past to present in this chapter. Or was it a seamless transition between chapters when others began to narriate that the point past. Just a thought maybe it doesn't make sense. I'm trying to type this while working tho it's been on my mind for a long time

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I believe (and those better in the know please correct me) sniper checks are when someone does something that would normally catch the attention of a sniper. The offender is performing a sniper check.

I'd imagine calling sniper check would make anyone from the military immediately jump to attention

And the lack of WND has more to do with illness and other circumstances getting in the way.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 30th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Great point about the ID Card having Michael's Social Security Number on it, I totally missed that fact. It is starting to look like Fort Irwin is on its own, without access to the rest of the Army's data or logistics infrastructure.
    We'll see how far down the rabbit hole this takes us. I wouldn't say I'm hoping we're right, but I do hope we spotted something there.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    im thinking litmaster may have struck a good point in his bigger post about ft irwin being evac's recuited.

think back to private carls behaviour when they first arrived. i could totally see him as just a normal dude who has been playing army for a couple months now...looking at things that way could also help explain a lot of the smaller pieces that really dont seem to have any bearing right now. but will(or could) in the future...

also, how about this...IF michael refuses to sign, and knowing that he brought two people fairly shaken up along with him...what would the chances be of them being turned away? puck made reference to that but nothing more...i cant shake the feeling that this will not be all sunshine and daisies...
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I believe (and those better in the know please correct me) sniper checks are when someone does sketching that would normally catch the attention of a sniper.

I'd imagine calling sniper check would make anyone from the military immediately jump to attention
    A "sniper check" is when a person salutes another person in a combat zone or any area suspected of having an aggressor looking to take out a high ranking member. Usually it's out of fun, but it goes back to a time when young officers insisted on being saluted, even near the front lines of a war, where the presence of an enemy sniper was high, but that young officer wouldn't think about the dangers of being pointed out as official in a leadership position.

Numerous stories and military urban legends abound on said terminology. (I sound like Perceptor there...)
    Last edited by Hellbringer; Apr 30th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    A "sniper check" is when a person salutes another person in a combat zone or any area suspected of having an aggressor looking to take out a high ranking member. Usually it's out of fun, but it goes back to a time when young officers insisted on being saluted, even near the front lines of a war, where the presence of an enemy sniper was high, but that young officer wouldn't think about the dangers of being pointed out as official in a leadership position.

Numerous stories and military urban legends abound on said terminology. (I sound like Perceptor there...)
    Hence why I wanted someone smarter than me to fix my mistake.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I am wondering if the reason Michael is not wanting to sign is if he is going to ask for some assurances for the rest of the team. If/when he signs the orders, he is technically no longer one of the tower group and as he said he cares about them more then he ever did about the soliders that served under him.
    What could signing these orders mean for his relationship with them?
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

And the lack of WND has more to do with illness and other circumstances getting in the way.
    I saw your blog earlier and completely understand that we all get busy and sick and have hundreds of factors that can take priority away from the extra stuff that fills a normal week. I kind of had a feeling the sniper check line was actually suppose to be there but it happened quick and Michael and Sam didn't react to it or something was odd about how it happened I think I didn't catch the contex correctly. Tho I relistened to all of it where the line is does make sense it was just a quick part.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    who wants to take bets on that chapter 29 is where Michael and the crew are going to A.W.O.L.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    who wants to take bets on that chapter 29 is where Michael and the crew are going to A.W.O.L.
    I'd take that bet, but my sponsor sat me down and we got over that feeling.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast