User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Here's what I think a Maller VS Fort Irwin battle will look like. The Mallers would be the G.I. Joes and Calvin/Fumbles is one Marine/Army sniper.

that was a sweet jeebus moment
    Last edited by reaper239; Apr 27th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Here's another taste of what the Mallers, or the Zombies might find waiting for them; video of tank gunnery training at Fort Irwin.

those things are so advanced that they can track a moving target, while moving, fire while moving, and hit the target dead center. if you think you can take on a tank battalion with two rpgs and a handful of small arms, then let me buy you a plane ticket to afghanistan, you can go try your luck. the impressive thing is, even with rpgs, you can't kill an abrams. the most you can do is disable it and ring the crews bell, but they will remain safe and sound inside. the insurgents started doing this thing where they bury mortar shells and detonate them when a tank rolls over it. it flips the tank, but when they bring out a recovery vehicle to reflip it, in most cases they can drive it home. the crew btw is fine, some sprains, maybe a broken arm or two, but no dead.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

"Gatherer"

Status
    Maller = Mario
    Scratch = King Kong
    Princess = Lizzy

Yellow Spartan = Saul (color of the air tanks. ha)
    Blue Spartan = Victor
    Grey Spartan = CJ

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Maller = Mario
    Scratch = King Kong
    Princess = Lizzy

Yellow Spartan = Saul (color of the air tanks. ha)
    Blue Spartan = Victor
    Grey Spartan = CJ
    ah lol.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    I used to be all for this idea, but can they really do it? Maybe if they had the Colony on their side there's like a slim, slim chance, but eh.
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

I have a feeling that the mallers will eventually find out where they went. All they have to do is torture Angel and Bert to get the answers.

Even so, I doubt that the mallers would be able to make it to Fort Irwin, let alone take over. Besides, I seriously doubt Durai would allow it. Hmm, I wonder if Scratch is going to turn on Durai at some point.
    Last edited by Nitara; May 2nd, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitara View Post
    I have a feeling that the mallers will eventually find out where they went. All they have to do is torture Angel and Bert to get the answers.

Even so, I doubt that the mallers would be able to make it to Fort Irwin, let alone take over. Besides, I seriously doubt Durai would allow it. Hmm, I wonder if Scratch is going to turn on Durai at some point.
    I guarantee that she will. She is insane and he is, despite having been a convict, seems to be reasonable and level headed.

SPOILER 

My bet is that the Scratch/Durai dynamic is going to come to a head and Scratch is going to end up with the short end of the stick, or dead. I further wager that Durai and his remnants may even join the remnants of both towers, or at least exist under a truce with them.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add:

SPOILER 
    Last edited by Red Shirt; May 6th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Interesting thoughts, Red Shirt.

I would be inclined to think that the Scratch/Durai arc is far from coming to a head, considering that we have no back story or real interactions between the two in order to determine how their dynamic truly works. It's possible that Durai simply allows Scratch to do as she needs, believing that it will benefit his own interests. I simply don't feel as though we have enough information about either of them to witness a falling out at this time. I would think there would be at least one episode dealing with their history, otherwise the characters are simply marionettes that pose no threat or significance to the story on the whole. That doesn't fit at all with the way the story has come together thus far. As for Scratch ending up dead? I have to disagree. Scratch has a bigger part to play and will likely survive longer than Durai or any of his men.

As for the likelihood of any sort of backup arriving... well, it would stand to reason that, in order to keep morale high, in a situation with a bleak a horizon as this one, it would make sense that the commander may lie about the possibilities of help. While it may be better to be honest and let his troops know what was really going on, the truth may work against him. Dissension in the ranks is always possible in dire situations--as we have seen in the Tower's history, even though they were not military, they're still humans and as we know, humans have strange reactions to stress and bad news.

Great post.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i kind of have to agree with osiris here. we don't have any real evidence that she went behind durais back on anything but the final assault on the tower. while we suspect that she went behind durais back to start the war, we don't have any real solid evidence. also, while i hate scratch, she is too good of a villain (much as she causes her own problems and then blames them on others (pokes osiris )) to kill off at this point. durai seems more like the CEO of bad guys while scratch is like freddy krueger in alcatraz, you don't want to meet any of those guys but she's definitely the worst of them.
    Last edited by reaper239; May 7th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast