User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Think positive. Saul lives. Victor lives. The last dying breath is Pinstripes, courtesy of all the ammo so kindly donated by CJ.
    It would be sweet if Scratch died... although I'm not sure if there would be much of an antagonist left. How could we factor that in with the clues we know today!

Perhaps the term "Last dying breath" is referring to the perseverance that Michaels crew has left. Can you imagine the whole Fort Irwin thing turning out to be ANOTHER shit show?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I've been a lurker on the forums for awhile and everybody usually talks about what I'm thinking about, but one thing is bothering me. The part where Michael mentions he told kalani about the red headed girl and kalani got upset makes sense, but then who is the other tower member that scratch says she has if Hanna is dead?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post
    YAY! So we finally move the story out of reverse and start on some new material, the two main points being Tanya and GZ. So....

On Tanya's Freak-Out Session
    Props to awkwardalex and bray who were the first in this thread to mention that idea that perhaps Tanya had been bitten, was somehow immune, and is avoiding having her bite inspected by the US Army dudes. At least three other people have mentioned this idea since then and probably several other lazy people will mention it after this (and claim it as their own), but anyway....

The only 'new' thing I can add concerning this is to remind everyone that Tanya mentioned feeling cold awhile back, and some of us were wondering if that meant anything. In light of recent events, I'd say that yes, it did mean something.

On Chinwe's Leadership Style

THE GOOD: No doubt, she is a masterful planner--she's got the bedrooms already stocked, the car packed, the scuba gear all tested out-- damn, if she was my wife, we'd have all the laundry ironed and folded, the closets organized by size, color, and season, the cereal boxes alphabetized, etc. This is truly an amazing quality, but...

THE BAD: ...she sucks as a leader because she can't trust anyone to do anything she doesn't have direct control over. She seems to be a wicked micro-manager, is used to using people 'under' her like pawns ("I want this done"), controls information and resources in order to hold power over people ("Don't worry about anything else"), and can be a bitch when she doesn't immediately get her way.

THE VERDICT: Chinwe would be a great logistics manager but can't the overall leader of an operation. She hasn't seemed to have learned her lesson from her failure at her tower's invasion, which was a human failure more than anything else. Just compare the results when both towers were faced with dire threats to their existence:

Michael's Tower: The group bonded together, sacrificing themselves and cooperating in order to keep the family alive and together.

CJ's Tower: The 'assembled individuals' splintered, each cutting and running to save his/her own ass, and were destroyed as a result.

I would keep Chinwe in change of material resources, but would definitely NOT let her be in charge of personnel. Somehow she never learned that soldiers win wars with their hearts and minds more than with bullets and supplies.

PREDICTION: Chinwe is going to continue to treat all the supplies as her own property, and try to treat Saul / Vic as her underlings. Saul won't go in for that shit, and will eventually blast her for her lack of trust.

On Ground Zero
    They are going to find information there that will eventually lead them to develop a vaccine that can 'cure' the Z-disease. Season 4 will eventually end with them just starting on the long road to recovery, 'curing' surrounding zombies with tranquilizer darts filled with the vaccine (just pulled that last bit completely out of my ass but hey, it could happen ).

I'm Out Like Trout!
    I so soo wanted to hit the frigg'n "Like" button on this, but..... alas, there is no such beast.
    I agree with your assessment of CJ and it reflects my own thoughts on her leadership style.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    YAY! So we finally move the story out of reverse and start on some new material, the two main points being Tanya and GZ. So....

On Tanya's Freak-Out Session
    Props to awkwardalex and bray who were the first in this thread to mention that idea that perhaps Tanya had been bitten, was somehow immune, and is avoiding having her bite inspected by the US Army dudes. At least three other people have mentioned this idea since then and probably several other lazy people will mention it after this (and claim it as their own), but anyway....

The only 'new' thing I can add concerning this is to remind everyone that Tanya mentioned feeling cold awhile back, and some of us were wondering if that meant anything. In light of recent events, I'd say that yes, it did mean something.

On Chinwe's Leadership Style

THE GOOD: No doubt, she is a masterful planner--she's got the bedrooms already stocked, the car packed, the scuba gear all tested out-- damn, if she was my wife, we'd have all the laundry ironed and folded, the closets organized by size, color, and season, the cereal boxes alphabetized, etc. This is truly an amazing quality, but...

THE BAD: ...she sucks as a leader because she can't trust anyone to do anything she doesn't have direct control over. She seems to be a wicked micro-manager, is used to using people 'under' her like pawns ("I want this done"), controls information and resources in order to hold power over people ("Don't worry about anything else"), and can be a bitch when she doesn't immediately get her way.

THE VERDICT: Chinwe would be a great logistics manager but can't the overall leader of an operation. She hasn't seemed to have learned her lesson from her failure at her tower's invasion, which was a human failure more than anything else. Just compare the results when both towers were faced with dire threats to their existence:

Michael's Tower: The group bonded together, sacrificing themselves and cooperating in order to keep the family alive and together.

CJ's Tower: The 'assembled individuals' splintered, each cutting and running to save his/her own ass, and were destroyed as a result.

I would keep Chinwe in change of material resources, but would definitely NOT let her be in charge of personnel. Somehow she never learned that soldiers win wars with their hearts and minds more than with bullets and supplies.

PREDICTION: Chinwe is going to continue to treat all the supplies as her own property, and try to treat Saul / Vic as her underlings. Saul won't go in for that shit, and will eventually blast her for her lack of trust.

On Ground Zero
    They are going to find information there that will eventually lead them to develop a vaccine that can 'cure' the Z-disease. Season 4 will eventually end with them just starting on the long road to recovery, 'curing' surrounding zombies with tranquilizer darts filled with the vaccine (just pulled that last bit completely out of my ass but hey, it could happen ).

I'm Out Like Trout!
    First, thank you i feel special!

Second, nice prediction skills i totally agree about chinwe (
    Look out nikvoodoo you may be out of a.job )

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ...........damn, if she was my wife, we'd have all the laundry ironed and folded, the closets organized by size, color, and season, the cereal boxes alphabetized, etc. This is truly an amazing quality, but...
    And chained to the sink presumably?

If we lived in the 1950's maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I also enjoyed Chinwe's lines about the oxygen: "You have 25 minutes to go in and 25 to get out".
    Might as well said "You have one episode to go in, cliffhanger, then another episode to get out."

Like it!

Right, I'm liking the Tanya infected/immune theory. Leaning more towards the immune - just because I don't want her to die.

Last dying breath? Hmm, it does rather sound as though Viki or Saul are going to be running out of gas, but it just seems a bit too obvious.
    Although I have a feeling CJ has done this before. She seems too prepared.
    "Uh, yeah, I know how much gas there is, cos, um, I like, tested it while you were sleeping yeah."
    She has a camera feed 'in case' they don't make it back.
    She has a safe house in that very street that she'll be waiting in them for.....
    Hmmmmmm. Itchy chin.

What's the odds on 'the scuba two' coming across a few (too many) other gullible guys wearing scuba gear on their journey to the centre of the zone?
    Last edited by Jeebogs; Apr 11th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I think we have the record of coming out of lurking, so far.

"Lurker"

Status
    At this point in the game, they should all have PTSD! While I'm sure Tanya saw some brutal things at the colony, I can't imagine her freak out to be purely fueled by those experiences. Especially knowing how hard refuge was to come by. After reading more of your posts, I'm totally believing her immunity to the infection. Perhaps her freak out was related more to the fact that the base would become aware of her immunity and in turn make her the guinea pig.

Then again, a person hiding their infection from others would be more careful about dropping certain information, like the fact that she was cold. I think they would go above and beyond to ensure everyone believed in their fitness.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhel View Post
    At this point in the game, they should all have PTSD! While I'm sure Tanya saw some brutal things at the colony, I can't imagine her freak out to be purely fueled by those experiences. Especially knowing how hard refuge was to come by. After reading more of your posts, I'm totally believing her immunity to the infection. Perhaps her freak out was related more to the fact that the base would become aware of her immunity and in turn make her the guinea pig.

Then again, a person hiding their infection from others would be more careful about dropping certain information, like the fact that she was cold. I think they would go above and beyond to ensure everyone believed in their fitness.
    Hmm that could be true, but i respectfully speculate a different option.

All we know about "the infection" is that it (except for.that one dude) changes within minutes, not enough time to learn of any symptoms if any. Now lets say that that one dude, said that he was cold. One person is not enough to assume a symptom.

Where am i going with this? Tanya being a "medical profesional" would now that if this guy said he was cold itcould or couldnot be a symptom.
    Leading me to believe that she wouldnt have thought much of being cold. Now if she had five or more she may have concluded that this was a symptom, and kept her chill to herself.

But knowing KC we could very well be over reacting while he giggles in his corner.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Great episode. I feel that Tanya is infected. She has never acted this crazy before. She did get taken by a herd of walkers, maybe something happened and she is having a slow turn. I am going to guess Chinwe dies. Saul and Victor do not return right away, she goes to look for them, s happens, She dies.

"Gatherer"

Status
    What!!! CJ is a way better leader! From what we have seen of her so far she is level headed. She is careful, a planner, a good fighter and best of all she can choke a b*tch out. Apologies to the Saul fan boys and fan girls out there.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast