User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling

Call for Help: Fix the Podcast

I'm not trying to be a total ass-hat here, but I feel this needs to be said. I used to be a pretty hardcore fan of the podcast, We're Not Dead. Some of you may even remember I even wrote a blog about it here on the forums. Lately, however, I have felt that it has gotten rather... boring. I feel like it has problems with the guest system, and the structure seems so scattered. I cannot really peg what it is that has made me grow weary of it, but that is why I am posting this. If anyone else has felt the same decline in quality, please say so. I am looking for suggestions that will make it pleasing again, so Britt can see them and, hopefully, fix it. I want to like the podcast again and start up the blog again.

Thanks,

Creemo

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Perhaps taste? I like this season better than season II so far.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    Perhaps taste? I like this season better than season II so far.
    Just to make sure, you know creemy is talking about We're Not Dead vs We're Alive, right? WND has only had one one season and it's the analysis of podcast of we're alive.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    For some reason, i don't notice a decline in quality. I like they add a clip of the chapter/part into the podcast and really dig the fan made opening that nick and company did. I don't know what to change. maybe a more focus format?
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Lurker"

Status
    The FREE podcast that I listen to for Free should really keep consistant quality levels and dont even think about having, issues like vacations (because when you do a FREE podcast you dont need a vacation) or scheduling conflicts (because everyone is ready at a moments notice despite the fact that people have their own lives to deal with) or fickle technology that sometimes does not cooperate. SHAME ON YOU WND! Get your act together.

(creemo.... just bein facetious bro, not being a hater)

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    I like that it seems friendlier now.

I'd like to see:

More people working on it because I think consistency would be easier with more people sharing the load.
    A regular sequence of bits--they sort of do this now. Recap, discussion, then a reading of ideas from the forum. It just seems like if that was more concrete it would be easier on the podders.
    Better syncing of sound levels
    The bits recorded from the chapter being covered inserted in a break, not over their talking.
    Regular bits by other people--like reviews of other stories or media, or weird science stuff that people mention in the forums

I think the podcast has soo much potential!

The HPPodcraft Literary Podcast does their's via Skype and they handle the different levels by each recording their own end and combining them--it's definitely better whatever they are doing.
    SKITTLES?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Skype and combining is exactly how we record WND. sometimes the source file is too poor to fix. I'm just as guilty of that as anyone btw
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I like that it seems friendlier now.

I'd like to see:

More people working on it because I think consistency would be easier with more people sharing the load.
    A regular sequence of bits--they sort of do this now. Recap, discussion, then a reading of ideas from the forum. It just seems like if that was more concrete it would be easier on the podders.
    Better syncing of sound levels
    The bits recorded from the chapter being covered inserted in a break, not over their talking.
    Regular bits by other people--like reviews of other stories or media, or weird science stuff that people mention in the forums

I think the podcast has soo much potential!

The HPPodcraft Literary Podcast does their's via Skype and they handle the different levels by each recording their own end and combining them--it's definitely better whatever they are doing.
    This is my first time doing mobile here so please forgive errors if any.

I agree the audio inserts combined over the recap makes it hard to understand one or the other. That being said I do enjoy the cliff hangers being inserted.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    honestly i really like the new intro, and the clips during the summary. maybe the quest system is really choppy, but all can be forgiven.
    ONCE IM ON THE DAMN SHOW. lol

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I'm going to preface my response to this by saying I'm blunt and often accused of being a dick. I'm aware of these facets of my personality and I try to keep that in mind. I also have to admit that, perhaps, I can't see the forest through the trees on this particular issue.

I've never had any issue with the structure of the podcast. Starts off with intros and banter, moves to the recap, then on to theories/listener mail, house keeping/contests and sign off. With very few exceptions that's how the whole thing breaks down. So I don't see how it's scattered anymore than it ever has been before. after all it's a free flowing conversation. It's morphed so everyone can interrupt the recap more often with some smaller insights or to try to clear up confusion, and Beez has added the WA soundtrack behind it. These both save time later on in the analysis for more theories.

I don't know what to say about the guest system. If you're bored by the guests I don't think that can change unless you eliminate it all together. That way you have no chance of being bored by the guests. At which point you might get bored at the same hosting tandem episode after episode. Some people get shy, some people are absolutely magnetic, some have great insight, others are high energy and fast paced, and some just sink into the background. That's kinda the nature of the beast. Not everyone is as seasoned as britt and Greg on podcasting.

Also keep in mind there has not been a lot to talk about until the last two chapter parts. WND was conceived and originally released right around the Colony chapters. There was a metric shit ton to talk about. Chapter 25, and 2/3rds of 26 were very straight forward and had very little to discuss. The plot went from point a to point b with very little in terms of twists. You can tell the difference in the length alone from #28 to #29...there was more to discuss. More intrigue= more conversation pieces. You can also tell there was less to talk about when looking at the response threads on the forum. That's a very tangible way to judge how the average forum listener feels about the episodes.

Now the blunt part: if you're bored and don't want to blog about it...that's on you. Not the show. Bloggers write critiques all the time on tv shows, movies, books and other topics that bored them to tears. If you're being bored by the podcast, that should be in your blog about the podcast. If you can't find things to write about/critique...As a professor once told me "there is always something to report on. Sit your ass down and just do it."

So take my opinion for what it's worth. For all I know, I'm the reason you think the podcast sucks recently but you didn't want to say it. If I'm truly part of the problem, I'm more than happy to take the criticism...I may not agree but I'll always take it. While I am glad you've voiced your opinion it's hard to take action when you can't ID the problems you're having with the podcast as a listener and more importantly a critic.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast