User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Chinwe (a.k.a C.J.)

I'm sure to look like an ass if this doesn't pan out, but I'm very confident that this Chinwe is, in fact, the mythical C.J. from the other tower, and wanted to start a new thread to discuss her character. I'm thinking she is going to be the best leader that the group has yet come across, and she will be instrumental in getting our straggling survivor's collective shit together.

I had some other thoughts concerning her which I will enter when I get some time.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It may be her. But, she seems to have a warped sense of purpose. Once The Other Tower was hit by zombies, she seems to be more preoccupied with keeping tabs on Durai than assisting what is left of humanity survive. Maybe she is working for a higher source that has ensured humanitys survival and Durai is the biggest threat. Maybe she has had a Crissis of confidence even greater than Michael's.

But her most recent action is a break from what we know. She has spent two months observing and avoiding contact. Now instead of avoiding Saul and slipping away, she opted for a poorly staged and executed attack. Of course she may be such a master mind and planner that she intended to get captured.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    If she is really C.J., then she must have been going through a whole lot of shit over the past few months. Imagine having all your friends and associates either dead or captured, all the friends you made who helped you, supported you, fought with you, taught you things--all gone. It would be as if Michael were the only survivor from the Tower and had to continue on his own.

Clearly, she has lost friends to the Mallers, which explains why she is so wary of them. I don't think she trusts anyone from the Tower, either, which probably explains why she has avoided them, also. Arthur--do you know timeline-wise what our guys were doing when the other tower was overrun? I'm trying to get a sense of how long she has been on her own... several weeks at least.

I think she went back to her Tower because she simply had nowhere better to go. Perhaps she grew up in the area and has lived in LA all her life. I'm interested to see what her plans are, or even if she has any more plans. She easily could have ended up hopeless like Samantha, but obviously has much more of a will to live, but I wonder what her aims are beyond just that. Seems like she has just been living day to day.

The black hoodie, the sound proofing, the small firearm all speak to the fact that she has stayed alive this long by relying on stealth. She seems smart enough to know that she isn't going to overpower any large force, so better to stay hidden. The hoodie itself and black/brown clothing speaks to the fact that she is hiding the fact that she is female, most likely because she fears being raped (single girls in post-apocalypic scenarios don't fare too well, after all).

I can't wait to hear her reaction when she finds out that Hope is still alive. I wonder if Kc will include a scene of them catching up on events that transpired since the tower invasion...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The convoy is hit thevsame day Burt Saul and Lizzy go to get fuel for the generator. Say Mid May. Datu is at the arena July 2 / 3. The Tower was hit about three weeks before that. So I guess about two months.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Also, I'm not sure the wearing of a hood is the best thing for stealth. Think about it-- your peripheral vision is limited, and you can't hear shit coming up behind you... Maybe she just flipped it up when she got to the farm.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'd say the hood up was a plot device only..ment to detract from the fact that she was in fact....a she
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Cw =/= cj

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    if we knew her last name we'd have a better idea of wether or not she was in fact cj

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Here's something odd. We know that Chinwe is an asian woman. So when I looked up the etymology of the name Chinwe and I was suprised to find this name listed as coming from the Igbo people of Nigeria. Do a Google search of Chinwe and you'll get a long list of Nigerian celebrities with that name! The closest Chinese variant I could find was Chin Wei, a common compounding of two first-names. This doesn't really mean anything, since the anglicizing of asian names is notoriously tricky. My guess is that KC based this character's name on a real person who used this particular spelling.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    It may be her. But, she seems to have a warped sense of purpose. Once The Other Tower was hit by zombies, she seems to be more preoccupied with keeping tabs on Durai than assisting what is left of humanity survive.
    That's a perfectly reasonable reaction to being unable to keep anyone else alive in the past. Doubly so if she was betrayed by someone in the tower, or if someone did something stupid that allowed the tower to be destroyed.

Personality-wise she seems to trust knowledge and planning a lot. That doesn't mean she's had a lot of real world experience.

Name-wise; I'd have expected to have been written Chin Wei
    SKITTLES?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast