User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hawaii

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I agree, I think Kalani was stating their very nature was/is different than what he's encountered in LA.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jamman39 View Post
    I think that is kind of understating the size and population of Hawaii a little bit, it is bigger than a lot of other states and I'm sure the zombie folk ate pretty well for quite a while there
    Keep in mind that the City of Los Angeles (excluding the suburbs) has more than three times the population of Hawaii, and LA was over-run the first day of the outbreak. I think there's a good chance that islands like Oahu would have been over-run just as quickly. But the LA zombies spread outward from "ground zero", into the LA suburbs (Bell Army Reserve Center) and then into more distant areas like Orange County (the Colony). It was that outward rush that probably accounts for the relative absence of zombies downtown when the survivors came out of hiding. On an island there's no place for the zombies to go once they've either turned or eaten everybody. No food supply, no where to go, no wonder the Hawaiian zombies were aggressive.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    wow. this thread is kind of all over the place...
    i would tend to agree with cabbage. the isolation of an island could make the zombies of hawaii seem more agressive and nasty...simply because...what the hell else do they have to do?..surf? i dont think so..even with the larger islands...they're still islands...places to run will be limited for sure. until i stopped to think about it, i would have chalked this part of the story up to kalani telling the story to suit his need. but there may in fact be more truth to this than most things he's said...

somebody mentioned his relation to skittles as a fellow mental patient...while in an alternate telling of the story, this would be a flat out awesome twist (imagine if kalani was totally nuts, but he spent enough time studying helicopters to be a compotent pilot, simply from training manuals!) but probly not...although, a thing to think about...he did say three survived the trip over.....hm?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456