User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colostome boy View Post
    Well I guess I misunderstood the ending. My understanding was that the files she showed them were records of people who passed through and when, and that she had a record of kalani passing through the area sometime after the end of season 2.
    The first document Chinwe read was the most recent Maller activity in the area which was heading up to destroy the Arena on 110. The stuff she pulled later after sifting through the piles of stuff was all notes on all Maller activity she had which also happened to contain information on Kalani.

Not sure if anyone posed this thought before and if you have stand up and take credit: What if Kalani was a maller, had next to nothing to do with the other tower, but when he was captured he stole Samantha's story decided to start anew at the Tower? I know that opens a cluster of conflicting information, but that might be a way for the story to go as well. I seem to only see people say he was only a maller or he was never a maller. What if it's a healthy combination of both?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love

Pin

Maybe we should work backward to find out who the mole is?

Who do we know isn't the rat?

What the fact we have that we can put person into the clues we have?

The Rat know:

The Maller radio channel
    Pippen was sent by Maller
    Are we sure that Maller knew of the other tower?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbi View Post
    So Kilani might be the last person in LA to know how to fly a plane/helicopter. As we saw with the movie Day of the Dead; the pilot actually is the most valuable person around. In the movie the commander can scream and threaten all he wants but he's forced to comply to the whims of the pilot.

If you were Durai or Scratch; would you place someone with that niche expertise (and ability to train others) in harms way as bait/mole? And I know I posted this back before... Could the body found by scratch at the end of season 2 be Kilani?
    I don't think pilots are that uncommon these days. I have more than one friend who fly for recreation. But assuming Durai and/or Scratch knew Kalani was a pilot and forced him to be a rat, I doubt they cared much for his pilot skills considering they didn't seem all that interested in planes/helicopters. Otherwise wouldn't the Tower have not found diddly squat?

I'm leaning more towards Kalani being forced to act as a rat. I doubt Durai/Scratch cared much that he was a pilot.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this (or if it matters much) but I'd guess that Chinwe isn't former military. When reading her journal entry she uses 1:00pm instead of 1300. I just thought was worth mentioning.

Great episode! Can't wait till March 5th!
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandem25 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this (or if it matters much) but I'd guess that Chinwe isn't former military. When reading her journal entry she uses 1:00pm instead of 1300. I just thought was worth mentioning.
    To be fair, I am military and I usually don't say 1300. If I'm talking to my soldiers, I make them repeat the times I say back, so I have to use military time, but if I'm talking to other drill sergeants or other people who have been in the Army for more than a day, I'll usually use whatever you call time that isn't military time i.e. 1:30 p.m. instead of 1330. But I don't think she's former military anyway. I have a feeling she was an Army/Marine brat or she dug into the technical manuals she had everywhere to learn the definition of an M16.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    To be fair, I am military and I usually don't say 1300. If I'm talking to my soldiers, I make them repeat the times I say back, so I have to use military time, but if I'm talking to other drill sergeants or other people who have been in the Army for more than a day, I'll usually use whatever you call time that isn't military time i.e. 1:30 p.m. instead of 1330. But I don't think she's former military anyway. I have a feeling she was an Army/Marine brat or she dug into the technical manuals she had everywhere to learn the definition of an M16.
    likewise, i'm not in the military, but i say 1300 instead of 1 pm. i work around a lot of military and for paperwork and whatnot everyone the 24 hour clock, so that's how i've gotten used to saying it, but i know people who have relatively no experience with the military but still use the 24 hour clock.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    I'm not in the military either but we strictly use it for notes and documentation at work. I was just pointing out that she uses 1:30pm in her notes which leads me to believe that she wasn't military or in the medical profession.

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Same here my job we use military time but I think given her use a baton to take out Saul who I assume if sufficiently larger than her I still say LAPD or the like

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Same here my job we use military time but I think given her use a baton to take out Saul who I assume if sufficiently larger than her I still say LAPD or the like
    I missed your LAPD comment. That makes sense. Either way... I like her.

And the LAPD should know all about having to sound proof a room......

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    The thing with Chinwe asking about Zeroing the rifle isn't normally just a military thing but it does indicate someone with prior weapons training. You need target practice to do so and I'm not really sure i'd be wasting ammo trying to Zero my rifle by some info in a book. Windage/elevation.. that's crap I still have problems with. I normally say fugg it and call it good as long as I'm hitting center mass. I can care less if my groupings are this or that close. 10 holes in a living person's chest is 10 holes they didn't have before. I'm starting to have flashbacks of Post briefings now (we had to do those when the flight chief showed up at our post. Sucked to go over the nomenclature every night)
    Anyway, I digress... "Training" is what Chinwe has. A lot of people talk about her having a baton; the real thing is she knew how to use it, she knew how to defend herself and she had a pretty damn good rear naked choke on Saul. This chick is small enough to hide under a car after all. Training.
    Not something you learn from a book.

2400 clock vs what ere'body else uses:
    Europeans in 2400 clock speak as are most everyone BUT we Yanks (what else is new). Sky Tv advertises its shows with the 2400 hour clock. So, you'll see "Being Human" on BBC at 1700 friday.

Nik theorized that Kalani.. ah why paraphrase when I can cut and paste?

"Not sure if anyone posed this thought before and if you have stand up and take credit: What if Kalani was a maller, had next to nothing to do with the other tower, but when he was captured he stole Samantha's story decided to start anew at the Tower? I know that opens a cluster of conflicting information, but that might be a way for the story to go as well. I seem to only see people say he was only a maller or he was never a maller. What if it's a healthy combination of both?"

My answer:
    That would totally disregard his story on Hawaii wouldn't it?
    My guess is that the mallers started taking people after the "War". They lost a ton of people plus they wouldn't have tried to take the building with all the slaves. No room. Plus Durai was all Mr. Nice Guy.
    They had to have given the mall the heave ho shortly after that and found another spot. Something larger and safe enough to plan, build, continue looting and capture survivors. Kalani was the last of a group prior to Sam being taken.
    I think his relationship with them is far more.. was far more complex. The name drop at the end of the episode was a KC Juke!

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast