User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I have listened to WA from start to finish so many times I have lost count (in the double digits), but episodes 27-2 has just slapped me in the face and said, "you don't know shit! go back and put the pieces together!"

Thanks! Time to dust of my WA Note Pad.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Okay, so in 10-2 Samantha makes brief mention that the convoy was attacked in the rain. Can we go back and listen to the chapters where it was raining. From memory alone I know it rained during 4-3 when Michael was threatening to kick Kelly to the curb.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Hero,

The rainstorm:
    We hear the rain clearly and Michael references it as you say with Kelly
    When Samantha relates to Datu the events regarding the loss of the convoy we can hear the yells, gunshots and rain

Indirect, When Saul/Burt/Lizzy (SBL) find the ambush site, there is no mention of blood stains. Additionally, It is also mentioned "What happened to all the bodies". This is the first time we hear of that behavior. Although, it is later repeated at the tower.

I think we hear a second raistorm when Michael, Saul and Angel are in the tower. I think it is when they are going over the Time Ripples, although it may be the guard came and they come up with the concept of the nest.

So, I think the convoy is ambushed in the AM on the day SBL go out for fuel and find the aftermath of the attack.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Hero,

The rainstorm:
    We hear the rain clearly and Michael references it as you say with Kelly
    When Samantha relates to Datu the events regarding the loss of the convoy we can hear the yells, gunshots and rain

Indirect, When Saul/Burt/Lizzy (SBL) find the ambush site, there is no mention of blood stains. Additionally, It is also mentioned "What happened to all the bodies". This is the first time we hear of that behavior. Although, it is later repeated at the tower.

I think we hear a second raistorm when Michael, Saul and Angel are in the tower. I think it is when they are going over the Time Ripples, although it may be the guard came and they come up with the concept of the nest.

So, I think the convoy is ambushed in the AM on the day SBL go out for fuel and find the aftermath of the attack.
    That makes some sense and I can see you are using your best judgement. I would also be inclined to say the same thing had I not been working on the timeline very thoroughly the passed week or so. I can't in good judgement say that the convoy was attacked the same day SBL go out for the fuel, or even the night prior, only because of this: that day is June 25th, four days prior to Riley specifically mentioning the date of June 29th.

If the convoy was attacked the same day Kalani arrived at CJ's tower, then that means Kalani arrived at CJ's tower on June 25th. This creates all sorts of havok in the timeline since we know Kalani didn't arrive at the Arena till three days after he arrived at CJ's tower, which would be June 28th. That is just two days prior to Datu showing up. I just can't imagine Kalani arrived at the Arena two days prior to Datu. That would mean Samantha was likely in there for just a day or two.

I'm going to say that between May 14th and June 25th, we have a huge window of possibility. I'm still working on the timeline though and hope that I can have something strong by the time I am done.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I just can't imagine Kalani arrived at the Arena two days prior to Datu. That would mean Samantha was likely in there for just a day or two.
    He definitely wasn't. BUT it definitely wasn't 20 days as Samantha suggests. In that one room with no light or something to do, she loses track of time very easily.

ALSO: There's a lot of days missing from Michael's Tower that aren't covered in the beginning because nothing happened on those days. Large gaps, that weren't eventful for our survivors, but were for CJ. In other words, the rains aren't going to line up. Saul, Lizzy and Burt find the convoy a while after they were attacked.
    Last edited by Kc; Mar 20th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    He definitely wasn't. BUT it definitely wasn't 20 days as Samantha suggests. In that one room with no light or something to do, she loses track of time very easily.

ALSO: There's a lot of days missing from Michael's Tower that aren't covered in the beginning because nothing happened on those days. Large gaps, that weren't eventful for our survivors, but were for CJ. In other words, the rains aren't going to line up. Saul, Lizzy and Burt find the convoy a while after they were attacked.
    That's actually quite comforting to know. In the timeline I'm working on here, you can see that I didn't have actual dates for when the convoy was attacked, when kalani arrived at CJ's tower or at the arena. Knowing that there was a large portion of our towers events not being covered, I feel more confident leaving May15 through June 10th as uneventful times. In my head I can see the events of I mentioned above occurring mid-June.

Although the way I had it set up kind of worked out to where Samantha was in the Arena roughly 20 days. I believe she did have her info wrong since she couldn't see the light of day, but so far it would still work out pretty nicely if she were right.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Great! I was not able to link that day anywhere. I knew there was a gap, but could not connect to early or late, so in my mind, I placed it closer to the outbreak than the war

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Glad to see that the “official” timeline is matching to at least 95% with my own. But I have one last question. In episode 11-2 (at approximately 09:00) Lizzy says: “Those are the sweat jars and you almost knocked them over. That’s like three weeks’ worth of work.” So my question is, if the creation and the testing of the sweat jars were all on the same day according to the official timeline, where does these three weeks of work mentioned by Lizzy fit in?

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

5 minuets before Lizzie scratched Kelly's eyes out and 15 before she goes to Kelly's room?
    Honestly I think they were continuing gathering sweat jars when they could but after the tagging events they didn't do any more experiments.
    I only speak three languages-English, Spanglish and Sarcasm, If you don't speak at least two of them you probably won't get my humor anyway...

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The tagging events were happening just one day after they tested the sweat jars, so that isn't an explanation for the three weeks either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast