User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Burt Burt and the Mallers

One of the big reveals in Chapter 24 was the fact that the RPG that the Mallers were using came from Burt's gun store, Locked & Loaded. Apparently Burt had been selling illegal weapons on the black market! The RPG and its ammo were in his front safe because the buyer was scheduled to come in to get it.

I think this answers the question of how, and why the Mallers hit Burt's store so quickly at the start of the outbreak. My theory is that the buyer for the RPG was someone associated with the Mallers (probably not Scratch since there's no indication that she or Burt recognized one-another). The deal could have been brokered through a middle-man, or someone on the Maller team that we haven't seen. I think that Scratch always planned to steal the RPG and rob the store, and the theft just happened to take place on the day of the outbreak. That explains how it was organized so quickly, and how Scratch just happened to have a safe cracker with her for the raid.

An RPG, a load of guns with ammo, and, maybe, a supply of C4 explosives would be very handy if you wanted to break someone out of prison.

"Lurker"

Status
    I'm thinking the same thing. I can't remember if Bert was at the Tower when Pippen was killed but if he was, then I'm thinking maybe Pippen was going to be the buyer for the RPG. As we learned that Pippen was a part of the Maulers, it would make a good connection...but only if Bert was at the Tower at that time which at the moment escapes me. If that does hold true I'm interested in other thoughts on this.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Burt wasn't at the tower. He was at LAX with Saul.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    While I'm doubtful the "middle man" as it were had much to do with scratch breaking into the safe...the thing to. Consider is how information travels within a prison...particularly info an upper level crime boss may or may not be privy to..

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

So who was the middle man?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I want to know who the hell needs an RPG in america other then use for terrorism.... (Or a very very prepared fallout person).

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    weren't all the mallers in jail? my guess is if the mallers knew about the rpgs it was because someone on the outside was planning a breakout. more likely though, when the mallers escaped, they fanned out in all directions and took whatever wasn't nailed down.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    One of the big reveals in Chapter 24 was the fact that the RPG that the Mallers were using came from Burt's gun store, Locked & Loaded. Apparently Burt had been selling illegal weapons on the black market! The RPG and its ammo were in his front safe because the buyer was scheduled to come in to get it.

I think this answers the question of how, and why the Mallers hit Burt's store so quickly at the start of the outbreak. My theory is that the buyer for the RPG was someone associated with the Mallers (probably not Scratch since there's no indication that she or Burt recognized one-another). The deal could have been brokered through a middle-man, or someone on the Maller team that we haven't seen. I think that Scratch always planned to steal the RPG and rob the store, and the theft just happened to take place on the day of the outbreak. That explains how it was organized so quickly, and how Scratch just happened to have a safe cracker with her for the raid.

An RPG, a load of guns with ammo, and, maybe, a supply of C4 explosives would be very handy if you wanted to break someone out of prison.
    You can legally own an RPG-7 (among other things) in this country...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    I'm not sold on this theory. My guess is that they just got lucky finding it in the safe.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    You can legally own an RPG-7 (among other things) in this country...
    Technically true, in that you can own a demilitarized, non-firing RPG launcher with dummy rounds. It is highly illegal for a civilian to own an actual, working RPG or live RPG rounds in the United States. You can, however, legally own a fully functioning machinegun or a silenced weapon. All you need to do is pass a background check and pay a licensing fee to get a Class 3 federal firearms license.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast