User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Zombies, Do they bleed?

I was just thinking about this, do we know if the zombies bleed or anything? Since blood is so important in living bodies, I was wondering if that would tell us anything about the infection, the zombies, and anything else like that. I'm new to the forum so I do not know if this has been discussed already. Just a thought...

"Lurker"

Status
    Yup they do. When they are struck blood sprays out, and in the episode at the water plant Riley says that they shot the massive zombie and it bled from the bullet holes. I think it's mentioned in a few other episodes as well.
    This means that their cardiovascular system is still functioning, or else the blood would have congealed in their veins.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

yes, that would mean a lot. The white blood cells might still be functioning, but obviously not properly. Since the blood is responsible in part for fighting infection. And blood must not be vital to their lives, otherwise a shot to the heart would bring them down and obviously that hasn't been working. Blood also carries oxygen, but fro the eisode with the zombies coming out of the water they did not seem to have the need to breath, so would their blood not carry oxygen? Probably not that important, but as a nursing student, I have been wondering about their physiology and anatomy.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Totally cool comments kek,
    In my lowly opinion the infection (what ever the infection is) is either keeping the body living or is animating the body while feeding off the body, but could be staved off by feeding on fresh/fresh-ish flesh.
    I wondered how they kept hydrated especially if there is a leak like a bullethole or a gouge or rot.
    If there is an issue about oxygen then perhaps the infection feeds on the waste the cells produce and in turn feed the cells? (longshot) If it is imagination I'll venture to imagine an ecosystem within the infected body. A failing one based on the condition of the infected and the supposed need for consumption (That must be polly shore as the one with the markings!)
    T
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

We know the tower describes the zombies as smelling like shit and we keep trying to find reasons why. What if they smell like shit because it's literally shit. Have we ever seen the zombies drop their pants and use a toilet? Clean up after themselves? I haven't. I also would question why in the world we were subjected to hearing that.

If their digestive system is functional, it's got to go somewhere. Maybe the smell isn't a symptom of the problem.

I'd like to thank the psychotic homeless man who reeked of an outhouse who was beating the living shit out of himself on the subway today who inspired this thought. Also thanks for not hitting me despite your threats.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    If it bleeds, sleeps and breaths I would assume its alive (and we have seen the zombies do all of that)
    The shit smell.. can be a number of things.. Nik's utterly detailed and "visual" post was accurate. Add to that unwashed bodies and add to that the possibility that what ever changed them also altered their pheromone or scent to put off an odor like a skunk or musk rat..
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

nik, you raise another good point. Since they eat, we have to assume that their intestines are working properly (well at least efficiently enough for their survival) and eating whatever they do does mean they will have to relieve themselves somewhere, somehow, since nobody has mentioned bloated zombies wandering around. What if they have to eat flesh to keep their flesh from completely stop working? blood is extremely important in the maintenance and such of the body, so perhaps they need to eat flesh to get blood?

and biscuit, that is also a good point about leaking. What happens to the zombies who are filled with holes and broken bones? Do they continue as they usually would, or do they become bodies that the rest of the zombies then take away to their little hidey hole they have now that the arena is no more? They have mentioned before how disgusting the zombies are and how bad they smell, perhaps they have festering wounds? So many possibilities! lol

As I have mentioned before, I think as I type, so some of this may not make any sense, or may contradict itself but it is a mystery as to what theses zombies are, and how they work so I am just going with whatever my brain spits out lol.

"Lurker"

Status
    The zombies still produce silva so thats another point that their digestive system is working and breaking down food, also they can eat food other than people or animals since one was seen eating a can of something in a market.

I was under the assumption that the zombies do breathe, but it was not necessary. Sort of like habit. If they didn't then how could the chloroform work on them? And wouldn't they have to breathe in to smell?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by spellchekk View Post
    The zombies still produce silva so thats another point that their digestive system is working and breaking down food, also they can eat food other than people or animals since one was seen eating a can of something in a market.

I was under the assumption that the zombies do breathe, but it was not necessary. Sort of like habit. If they didn't then how could the chloroform work on them? And wouldn't they have to breathe in to smell?
    I think Saul said it best...

Angel - Listen to yourself? The dead, rising?
    Saul - Who said they were dead?

But the breathing thing has me stuck. The ones that came from Catalina and were walking along the bottom of the water. Highly doubt they were breathing underwater, or maybe they grew gills and we don't know it? (i'm still bitter about not getting a zombie shark).

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    But the breathing thing has me stuck. The ones that came from Catalina and were walking along the bottom of the water. Highly doubt they were breathing underwater, or maybe they grew gills and we don't know it? (i'm still bitter about not getting a zombie shark).
    Do we know for a fact that they walked along the ocean floor? If they were swimming shallow and bobbing up for air would Pegs and Michael even noticed?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast