User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kelly being called burt

Hey can anyone explain why in chapter 17 why did Michael call Kelly Burt makes no sense

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    Hey can anyone explain why in chapter 17 why did Michael call Kelly Burt makes no sense

Slip of the tongue? Probably.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Because he didn't want to give the colony her real name originally, so he quickly just decided to call her Burt. IT kinda goes along the same line as the bird names on the radios.

"Scavenger"

Status
    But he called pegs Peggy which is her reall name

"Scavenger"

Status
    Maybe kc could helP us with this

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Yes, but that's not what she usually goes by. So it's still in code a bit. Like I have a friend who goes by "DJ" and his real name is Dylan. But if I were to call him Dylan, most other people he knows wouldn't know who I was talking to. Because he never goes by that name.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

He called her Peggy to try to catch her attention that something was wrong. she somewhat caught on but not fast enough.

As for kelly, the reason might be so she would bluff her weapon load (which she did) to convince victor and fernando that they were outgunned and shouldn't try to get violent. If I remember correctly, Michael's next line does exactly that: talks victor and fernando out of holding michael at gunpoint
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    I understood the pegs thing bad example haha but Fernando was hidden right it wouldn't have made a difference if they were out gunned I could be wrong tho

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Fernando comes out first. 17-2 15:45ish. everyone but michael had a gun out I believe.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    He called her Peggy to try to catch her attention that something was wrong. she somewhat caught on but not fast enough.

As for kelly, the reason might be so she would bluff her weapon load (which she did) to convince victor and fernando that they were outgunned and shouldn't try to get violent. If I remember correctly, Michael's next line does exactly that: talks victor and fernando out of holding michael at gunpoint
    This is what I understood it to mean.

It does still seem a bit odd, since Michael already called her Kelly. Unless they are trying to convince him that there are more than three of them there. But still, it would be obvious that there are 3 of them and that Kelly isn't a man. (probably)
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast