User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Saul.
    First impression: Every show needs its hotshot, at least for some distraction, comic relief and shit ...
    Then: Oh my god, he evolves to a pretty interesting, good hearted dude being involved with many other major characters. Nice.
    With chapter 24: Holy hell ... WTF? He seems to be the stupidest a-hole in the world killing dozens of people because he is so 'leeching' and over-protective about Lizzy. Actually #24 raised the very heavy question: What worth is a single life in the face of dozens dying ... ?

Anyway ... Just my 2c ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi.

Saul.
    First impression: Every show needs its hotshot, at least for some distraction, comic relief and shit ...
    Then: Oh my god, he evolves to a pretty interesting, good hearted dude being involved with many other major characters. Nice.
    With chapter 24: Holy hell ... WTF? He seems to be the stupidest a-hole in the world killing dozens of people because he is so 'leeching' and over-protective about Lizzy. Actually #24 raised the very heavy question: What worth is a single life in the face of dozens dying ... ?

Anyway ... Just my 2c ...
    I can understand that a single life may mean much more to one individual than the rest of the world if you have the emotional connection/attachment to them. Even knowing so, and even knowing the importance of Lizzie to Saul, he's been pissing me off with that single minded loose-canon behavior.

Although, even pissed, I prefer he does this instead of forgetting about Lizzie. The thing that makes me like Our Tower most is how they seem to have more humanity than some of the other people they encounter.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Hopefully, Saul's efforts payoff. We don't get a good sense of how Lizzie feels. Maybe she has reconciled that Saul died in the fall of the tower. But we haven't gotten any journal notes saying either way.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Eeez View Post
    Hopefully, Saul's efforts payoff. We don't get a good sense of how Lizzie feels. Maybe she has reconciled that Saul died in the fall of the tower. But we haven't gotten any journal notes saying either way.
    Yeah, she is hard to read. Have listened to #31 and #32 a minute ago. She displays so many different facettes of her character. And she seems to be a genious in keeping her thoughts and emotions strictly bound to certain situations or topics - her talk with Scratch about her trauma, then again in the same discussion she utters her disbelief and fear that Scratch might have second thoughts about Lizzy, then her roller-coaster-ride with Bricks which ends up in planning against Scratch ... She switches between emotions and thoughts very quickly. And about Saul? Well, maybe she is very skilled in masking her deepest emotions, which erupt every now and then - like when she asked Bricks if there was anyone havin' searched for her and then in the end of #32 when she and Saul exchange their deepest wishes via radio by only calling their names ...

It's kind of absorbing and challenging alike to read her character ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Michael... I hated this guy FOREVER! Thankfully once he fell back in with the military he became gifted with common sense & douche-bag score dropped by 98%.

Kelly started acting like a decent human, in other words not self-absorbed or brown nosing.

Blind girl/Hope was just a charity case but now she adds some comedy relief tied to Datu.

Scratch became 3 dimensional & a valid character, she really needed the story time.

Angel started to improve with me but... RIP.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by BiggKab View Post
    Michael... I hated this guy FOREVER! Thankfully once he fell back in with the military he became gifted with common sense & douche-bag score dropped by 98%.

Kelly started acting like a decent human, in other words not self-absorbed or brown nosing.

Blind girl/Hope was just a charity case but now she adds some comedy relief tied to Datu.

Scratch became 3 dimensional & a valid character, she really needed the story time.

Angel started to improve with me but... RIP.
    I agree on Kelly, Scratch, and Angel.

Michael has had ups and downs, but he's stayed pretty stable as far as my opinion of him.

Datu has grown on me and I really like him now, even if it is just as "King Datu the Resourceful" :-)

I went the other way with Hope, she was a non-entity and then became someone I hope to not hear from again (for now). She served a good purpose in 34 and 35 as a foil to Datu but I think that'll get old real soon....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    CJ: She evolved into my favorite character. I was actually surprised by the outcome of the battle between her and Scratch.

Scratch: At first, I found her character annoying, she just screamed like Ms. Veronica Crabtree (the bus driver on South Park), but now she has evolved to someone really interesting and malevolent.

Hope: Her snotty attitude toward Datu started getting irritating.

"Lurker"

Status
    I would have to say Kalani.

I started off not liking him at all. As the story moved along I reached that tipping point where I started to like the Kalani character. I really came to have respect for the character, an odd thing when you think about an imaginary person gaining your respect, after the "Kalani" chapter.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I'd have to go with Puck. At first I wasn't too sure of his character but with the time lapse and getting to see his character interact more with Michael, the character grew on me and he is very loyal.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Definitely Kelly for me. I can kind of understand where the character is coming from what with the whole "apocalypse and now I'm stuck with my teenage nephew, what the hell is going on" aspect of how she initially started out. Then, once Tommy died, her character was allowed to develop. Now she's one of my favorite characters. Never thought I'd say that about her.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast