User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Characters that changed your mind

I was thinking this afternoon, as I listened to Over the Air-Waves, about Kelly and how I'd borderline hated her after her first appearance, then slowly her character redeemed herself somehow. I'm not certain of the exact moment which she managed to accomplish this feat, but I know by the time I reached the end of Over the Air-Waves I was less likely to be annoyed everytime I heard her voice, though it is likely she pulled it off when she came back for Michael and Pegs. I have to admit it... I'm now a Kelly fan.

So I pose the question to you: What character(s) if any did you start out hating but grew fond of over time?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I was thinking this afternoon, as I listened to Over the Air-Waves, about Kelly and how I'd borderline hated her after her first appearance, then slowly her character redeemed herself somehow.
    Well I think a lot of people, myself included, had a reaction to Kelly that is pretty similar to yours. She was the only character I can say I really didn't like who then redeemed herself.
    But I've also had some changes in my view of Riley. I actually liked her from the moment she was introduced. I was a little confused by her accent (I thought she sounded vaguely British in the beginning and I wasn't sure where she was supposed to be from) but I still liked her. Then she kind of disappeared for awhile and sort of became a background character so I sort of forgot about her. The last couple of chapters have really intrigued me though and I really want to know what direction she's going to go in (And I'm also waiting on the edge of my seat for her drunken confession to being the rat). I like the questions about her and the flaws in her character. And I've gone from mildly liking Riley, to being a full fledged fan.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I hated Kelly in the beginning and I still hate her. She was annoying bitchy bitch when she came to the tower, now she is just annoying bitch. I can't get my self to like her. And Riley I have actually grown to not like. I used to think she was awesome, now I think she is just a traitorous drunk. She changed negatively somewhere. But Pegs I have grown to really like. I never didn't like her, but her development has been extraordinary and she is now my favourite character.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

True story. Pegs is pretty awesome. I'm finding more and more that she's a character I enjoy hearing from.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    My opinion about the characters hasn't changed dramatically enough to mention. I've always approved of Kelly's character even when she inaugurated herself as Queen bitch Bee of the Tower. Angel continues to slowly sink on my Cool Meter. Everyone I didn't like at the beginning, I still don't like and I'm still a fan of everyone I do like although Pegs, my favorite, has left me extremely suspicious.
    Last edited by Zombiehead; Jul 11th, 2011 at 12:07 AM.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    My opinion about the characters hasn't changed dramatically enough to mention. I've always approved of Kelly's character even when she inaugurated herself as Queen bitch Bee of the Tower. Angel continues to slowly sink on my Cool Meter. Everyone I didn't like at the beginning, I still don't like and I'm still a fan of everyone I do like although Pegs, my favorite, has left me extremely suspicious.
    Angel has been growing on me ever since his adventure with Kalani. I laughed so hard through that whole chapter.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Angel has grown on me a great deal. We get to see glimpse of what sort of person he is and what kind of leader he could be.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Based on the last episode... Kalani has definitely changed my perception of him. That was a sacrifice and a half, my friend. A sacrifice and a half.

R.I.P. Tons of Fun.

"Lurker"

Status

Definitely Kelly, she gave me the s#%ts at first, but I love her now. I think ever since she looked after Saul & the trip to the boat. Pegs is growing on me, she was really annoying & whiny but now she's grown a pair and is stepping up as an equal, not just a hanger on.

Ps... Riley is bad ass!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I've been thinking about certain character's arcs through this season and who might be change my mind. First, Kelly and then Kalani--even after finding out what we did about him, I still love him without judgment--won me over. There are a few characters that I really dislike right at the moment and my favourite characters are presumed dead. Each season we've been gifted with some brilliant characterization by Kc and the cast, having really made the roles their own. I'm excited as balls to discover that character that I couldn't stand having that moment where they impress the hell out of me and win me back.

I'm hoping it's Tanya.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast