User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    this is my ideal zombie playlist

The first song is the overall theme for the Apocalypse... The Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse by The Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse(Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse)
    The second song is what plays when you kill your first zombie... Opposite of Left and Wrong by Norma Jean (this band is just downright awsome and this song is fantastic)
    The third song plays when getting chased by a horde... Monster by Skillet (somewhat self explanitory)
    The fourth song plays when you have to kill your loved one... The Goat (of Anorexia) by Showbread (creepy)
    The fifth song plays when you find a group of survivors... Alive is Dead by Zao (ZAO WOOT)
    The sixth song plays when you meet a new love interest... From December (The Randy T. Mix) by Project 86 (pretty song)
    The seventh song plays when you have to make a final stand... Not Ready to Die by Demon Hunter (when i came across this while surfing my zombie playlist i knew it had to go here)
    The eighth song plays when you think you've survived it all... A Day In The Sun by Skratchline (i find this song to be nice and relaxing)
    The ninth song plays when you discover a bite mark on you... I'm So Sick by Flyleaf (just like not ready to die)
    The tenth song plays over the end credits... Necrotizing Fasciitis by Becoming the Archetype (what better way to end a zombie movie than with a flesh eating disease)

i actually have a huge playlist dedicated to zombie music but this is just a sampling, and it was hard cause there are so many good songs that would fit in each scenario. well enjoy.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    this is my ideal zombie playlist

The first song is the overall theme for the Apocalypse... The Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse by The Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse(Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse)
    The second song is what plays when you kill your first zombie... Opposite of Left and Wrong by Norma Jean (this band is just downright awsome and this song is fantastic)
    The third song plays when getting chased by a horde... Monster by Skillet (somewhat self explanitory)
    The fourth song plays when you have to kill your loved one... The Goat (of Anorexia) by Showbread (creepy)
    The fifth song plays when you find a group of survivors... Alive is Dead by Zao (ZAO WOOT)
    The sixth song plays when you meet a new love interest... From December (The Randy T. Mix) by Project 86 (pretty song)
    The seventh song plays when you have to make a final stand... Not Ready to Die by Demon Hunter (when i came across this while surfing my zombie playlist i knew it had to go here)
    The eighth song plays when you think you've survived it all... A Day In The Sun by Skratchline (i find this song to be nice and relaxing)
    The ninth song plays when you discover a bite mark on you... I'm So Sick by Flyleaf (just like not ready to die)
    The tenth song plays over the end credits... Necrotizing Fasciitis by Becoming the Archetype (what better way to end a zombie movie than with a flesh eating disease)

i actually have a huge playlist dedicated to zombie music but this is just a sampling, and it was hard cause there are so many good songs that would fit in each scenario. well enjoy.
    Alright, but what's your randomized zombie playlist?
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Alright, but what's your randomized zombie playlist?
    it's like five or six posts up on page 3

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    it's like five or six posts up on page 3
    Ah! My apologies...
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Okay, let's do this!

The first song is the overall theme for the Apocalypse...
    Avenged Sevenfold - Seize the day
    Pretty good start

The second song is what plays when you kill your first zombie...
    Amorphis - Sky is mine
    The song is really optimistic / 'hopeful', but the lyrics don't fit. Great upbeat melody though.

The third song plays when getting chased by a horde...
    I Am Kloot - Gods and Monsters
    Meh, doesn't quite fit.

The fourth song plays when you have to kill your loved one...
    Alter Bridge - Show me a Sign
    Damn... This one is perfect. Just read the first verse:
    "A trail of tears beyond redemption,
    Just a word and nothing more, no more
    I must reveal I am falling
    To the dark I now am born"

The fifth song plays when you find a group of survivors...
    Alter Bridge - Brand new start
    Another perfect hit - I'm lucky. The chorus:
    "We will make a brand new start,
    From the pieces torn apart,
    The break of day is before us"

The sixth song plays when you meet a new love interest...
    The Answer - Under the Sky
    Nope, doesn't fit. At all.

The seventh song plays when you have to make a final stand...
    Dream Theater - Rite of Passage
    There are better options, but it works.

The eighth song plays when you think you've survived it all...
    Neil Patrick Harris / Dr Horrible - A Man's Gotta Do
    No luck here

The ninth song plays when you discover a bite mark on you...
    Alter Bridge - Ghost of days gone by
    Why do Alter Bridge songs fit a zombie apocalypse so well?
    "The misery I know,
    Like a friend that won't let go,
    I creeping up on me now, once again"

The tenth song plays over the end credits...
    Breaking Benjamin - Here We Are
    Another pretty good fit, though not perfect.

I Do have to add, i picked a playlist instead of my full library.
    The playlist I picked consists of songs I love to sing, so that all my tunes have some lyrics. More fun for this kinda game I think.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Since I thought this was such a cool idea at the time and we've had an influx of new members, I thought I'd revive (hehe, puns) the thread with an updated playlist of mine:

The first song is the overall theme for the Apocalypse
    Brazil! by the Vengaboys (well, at least the weather's good...)

The second song is what plays when you kill your first zombie
    Mindrva... Oh, goddess wise by D'Oyly Carte Opera (original by Gilbert and Sullivan)

The third song plays when getting chased by a horde
    Plastic Money by Twisted Sister

The fourth song plays when you have to kill your loved one
    Oh! False One, You have Deceiv'd Me! by D'Oyly Carte Opera (original by Gilbert and Sullivan, oddly fitting)

The fifth song plays when you find a group of survivors
    Body Crumbles by Dry Cell

The sixth song plays when you meet a new love interest
    Three Kingdoms Resurrection of the Dragon Theme by Henry Lai (well, if she's kickass Chinese martial artist this fits perfectly. Also, it's a beautiful song)

The seventh song plays when you have to make a final stand
    1776 by Iced Earth

The eighth song plays when you think you've survived it all
    Minotaur Boss Battle by Cris Velasco (God of War soundtrack)

The ninth song plays when you discover a bite mark on you
    Awake by Godsmack

The tenth song plays over the end credits
    A Walk In The Woods from the Halo Soundtrack

Well, those songs weren't nearly as good as the first playlist was...
    Disclaimer!

"New Arrival"

Status
    1. Protectors of The Earth - Two Steps From Hell
    2. Intermission Riff - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
    3. Ebony Eyes - Rick James
    4. One Note Song - Tenacious D
    5. Zerg Two - Glen Stafford
    6. Ready an'Willing - Whitesnake
    7. Guitar Boogie - Chuck Berry
    8. Blame It On The Boogie - Michael Jackson
    9. Farewell Blues[Alternate Take] - Yoko Kanno
    10. Bennie and The Jets - Elton John

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    The first song is the overall theme of the apocalypse. We follow a man and his love, who are thrust into a world where they must kill or be killed, and wish only to return to their life before the end.

Second: Our hero is finally forced to kill to protect his life, and the life of his love, but guilt and nausea still overtake him.

Third: Our hero and his love are chased by a horde of undead, appearing out of the night with no warning.

Fourth: In the attack, our hero's love is bitten by one of the undead; she will turn soon. They kiss one final time before she closes her eyes, and our hero takes her life. Afterwards, he lays awake in grief in a dark building.

Fifth: After wandering aimlessly for weeks upon weeks, our hero happens upon a group of new survivors just as the sun peaks above the mountains.

Sixth: Our hero meets a woman in this new group whom he falls for at first sight. She makes him feel like living is worth something again, a feeling he hadn't felt since the death of his love. They take a late night stroll, and gaze up at the stars.

Seventh: A time later, a peaceful night is interrupted by the appearance of a great horde of the undead. Our hero prepares to defend himself, the people he has begun to think of as family, and his new love from the new threat. They climb atop their fortified roof, and unleash everything they have upon the undead below, who search for a way to climb up.

Eighth: Our hero stands atop the roof as the sun rises. They have defeated the zombie horde, and our hero feels a great lightness come over him. As he stands, watching the sunrise, his love comes over to him, and he puts his arm around her.

Ninth: Later, our hero feels a painful stinging on his leg that his adrenaline soaked senses hadn't been able to interpret earlier. He looks down to see a ragged tear in his pantleg, and when he lifts the pantleg up, he sees a deep bite mark, welling at the edges with new blood.
    He sits for a while in numb disbelief, and then begins to form a plan. Betraying nothing of his feelings, he binds his leg, and signs up to go on a scouting mission. Before he leaves, he takes his love in his arms, and kisses her for the last time. The tears are hard to hold back, but he manages. He cannot say goodbye to her, or tell her, she would never let him do what had to be done.
    During the scouting mission, he gets himself far enough ahead of the others, and then disappears. It is nightfall before they stop looking for him. He walks far, far off, watching the stars as he does, and thinking of when he and his love had looked upon them that night. He can feel the infection working its course, and sits underneath a large tree in a city park. He puts a pistol to his chin, and thinks of everyone whom he must leave behind, but most of all, he thinks of her. The tears finally come, as he pulls the trigger.

CREDITS

Whenever I put music to things, I can't help but add little details, and try to make the story my own. I think I might have put a tad too much time into this though.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    Whenever I put music to things, I can't help but add little details, and try to make the story my own. I think I might have put a tad too much time into this though.
    Flogging Molly and Modest Mouse +1

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSights View Post
    Flogging Molly and Modest Mouse +1
    Such great bands. Those songs always make me a bit teary eyed. The Modest Mouse one evenmoreso now when I imagine that guy walking through the night, contemplating his death while it plays in the background.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast