User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Fort Irwin is a terrible plan!

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have something I've been bothered by. I've looked through the forum and haven't seen this discussed... if 't has been and I missed it, I apologize.

This idea of moving everyone to Fort Irwin seems crazy! The folks in the Tower don't have any idea of what could be there! It could be crawling with zombies, or it could be controlled by a fascist military group that would take them over. Even if it is controlled by rational people, they may not welcome new people. There's also the issue of supplies. Being in the city, there are plentiful stores to raid (even if they have been picked through), but they have no idea whether there is food, water, and ammo to sustain them at the Fort.

Even worse, it appears that they would not have enough fuel to make a round trip. So if they fly to Fort Irwin and it's uninhabitable, they are totally screwed.

Seems like a huge gamble to take with your entire population. I think they would be much better off to fortify the tower or some similar place in the city, and stake out their territory. If they want to consider Fort Irwin, they should at least send a scouting party there first to check it out.

Of course the story won't take them to a place and wipe everyone out, that would ruin everything.

What do you think?

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    I'm thinking that I'm gonna stick with you when zday comes. You seem like you know exactly what to do. But yes I do agree with you about the fact that they don't seem to have thought this through entireley

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think they ruled out a scouting party because they wouldn't have enough fuel to go there and back and then bring everyone out there, whether by helicopter or by car. I think the idea with the supplies was that there would be plenty of MREs and such there, and it has its own independent water supply. It's also far enough out that it may not have been overrun with zombies... This seems like a pretty big gamble to me, considering that Kalani claims that there are zombies in Hawaii.

I think that they will get there and find it being defended by unfriendly army types, a bit like the guys in 28 Days Later. Michael, Angel and Saul may even find themselves disobeying those who outrank them because of their loyalty to the other tower survivors.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Fort Irwin certainly has enormous potential. It's isolated and well armed, so there is a chance it could have held out against the zombies. It has large stocks of military rations, its own water and power supply, etc., which could have helped it to hold out. But the trip there is enormously risky, and there's no guarantee that things will be better there, and no telling what kind of reception the survivors will receive.

As long as the Tower is secure and they have supplies it seems like their best course of action is to continue to improve their position there, while scouting more extensively. That could be a good use for the helicopters. There's aviation fuel at the airports, and if they can get there to refurbish a helicopter they can do so to refuel.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Nice to meet you twain. Check out the

Is Michael heading for another big I told you so

Thread. Some of us have going ganip / ganop over these points

"Lurker"

Status
    they could be survivors from a practice program for the millatery

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think the main argument for not staying at the tower is that others know their position... The mallers and arguably the zombies

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks for all of the replies. Fishie, I think your idea of where this could go is interesting.

Appreciate the heads up, I will check out that other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Nice to meet you twain. Check out the

Is Michael heading for another big I told you so

Thread. Some of us have going ganip / ganop over these points