User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Was walking in the rain when you referenced my q to kc. I giggled like a madman & scared some passersby!
    Enjoyed the predictions, the rivalry and sillyness. Can't wait for next weeks podcast!

Ra1th, there was only one time when your love of 'like' became obvious (and therefore a tad jarring) and that was somewhere during the predictions when you got a bit antsy about saul (pre-saul rant). Other than that, it faded into the background. But it was still funny (funny haha) to hear you mention it towards the end of the 'cast!

Keep up the stellar work! (You've convinced me to come check out the voodoo lounge!) Would love to appear on the podcast at a future point, but then wouldn't we all?

Cheers from Down Under,
    Magrat.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Lurker"

Status
    Personally, I don't think that the recaps are necessary. They just slow things down, and the people that are interested in this podcast would have already listened to the episode. Discussing key points with multiple theories attached to it is great and I always want to see more of that. If anything, I believe that this podcast should be divided into segments. Britt and Greg work for interviews and riffing, but not discussions. nikvoodoo and Ra1th should head up that area.

The idea that a character is redeemed, and then dies soon afterwards is common. Now, while a lot of the ones we've been dealing with have not been shown to be anything much worse than a dick, this doesn't change things. Character development is character development. It would be a different story if some previously nameless character was being developed.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    Alrighty, so... my 360 is currently out of commission, therefor I am bored with nothing better to do. I downloaded a counter app on my iPhone and proceeded to count every time Ra1th said "like" (excluding "likable"). The total count was 188, give or take a few because he was cut off a few times and may have said it and because I was eating in the process of listening.

Doing the math here: excluding the 25 second intro and the minute and a half or so Pippin outtakes, that leaves us with a podcast of 1 hour and 29 seconds. So we'll just round that down to an even hour. After all of that, Ra1th says "like" on average 3.13 times each minute. Or, about once every 20 seconds.

Sooooo... the drinking game should be taken with extreme caution. Unless it's the first 10 minutes, in which he says "like" only once.
    Thanks for looking out for me man. I shall only go through and listen really hard for them away from alcohol

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolluck View Post
    Personally, I don't think that the recaps are necessary. They just slow things down, and the people that are interested in this podcast would have already listened to the episode. Discussing key points with multiple theories attached to it is great and I always want to see more of that. If anything, I believe that this podcast should be divided into segments. Britt and Greg work for interviews and riffing, but not discussions. nikvoodoo and Ra1th should head up that area.

The idea that a character is redeemed, and then dies soon afterwards is common. Now, while a lot of the ones we've been dealing with have not been shown to be anything much worse than a dick, this doesn't change things. Character development is character development. It would be a different story if some previously nameless character was being developed.
    The main reason for the recaps is to remind the podcast people of what happened that week on the episode. I mean even though we listen to the episode right before we go on the podcast, it's still nice to have it all brought up during the podcast just to remind you of everything that happened so there wont be any, wait did that really happen? moments
    Angel's #1 Fan

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I like the recaps. They mean that you are more likely to address points that have come up from the episode. Most of the new stuff that has come up each time are going to relate the actual episode as well, so having them in context is great.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolluck View Post
    I see what you're saying, but the recaps need to be in there...especially for those that don't listen to WND right after the newest episode of We're Alive. Months down the road, are you going to remember what specifically happened in 22-1? If not, WND wouldn't be as enjoyable because you can't remember what events took place, and therefore and can't relate to the discussions. Does that make sense?

Also, you're not the first person to say (in a roundabout way) that we (being Greg and I) should talk more. I personally back off a bit because I want the guests to get their fair share of time on the show, but I'll make an effort to blab more

Thanks for your input!
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Britt, I thought it might interest you to know that I'm about to beat Dragon Age Origins for the first time. With your advice and my friends taking over to set my other players skills and tactics, it was rather easy.

Back to the thread. I like the recaps because I sometimes don't pay attention during the We're Alive podcast, and Britt points at things that I missed. And I have said before that I wish Britt and Greg would talk more, but I do understand that they're on every week, while the guests only have one hours, so sometimes it's best to give the guests a little bit more time.

I just beat the game... Allistair broke my heart! Damn it, if I weren't a Dalish Elf, my heart would be in such a fragile state. Otherwise awesome ending. Thanks for getting me back into the game Britt.
    Last edited by Creem_Filling; Jun 13th, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    I love the recaps, I love the semi-segmented nature (both for it's segmentation & it's not-strictly-structured feel) & really enjoy the way it just tumbles together. I've listened to podcasts where they have clearly defined segments & clear starts & ends & have found myself enjoying the more rambly/conversational ones which happily throw segments out the window when something interesting comes about (ie @nerdist casts & WND). I hope you keep this feel going & don't get bogged down in too much structure!

Cheers,
    Magrat.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Although I do like the theory that there is a sound device causing the nausia in the area of Ground Zero, I have to wonder how it's being powered. That and I'm concerned that it would only explain the situation in L.A., unless there are sound devices in all major cities across the US.

I still favor the idea that it's an alien introduced outbreak. Ground Zero could be the site of an alien spacecraft. Sounds a bit crazy I know, but just imagine that there were multiple ships that landed in all major cities in the US, possibly around the world, and they released some sort of virus. Maybe it's not airborne, but actually travels in some unknown way, like a radio wave that affects the genetic make-up. I dunno about the details really, but I'm planting my flag in an alien theory. Who knows, maybe later in the story they'll come across a survivor who lived in Englewood and said they saw a craft descending from the sky?

@ Ra1th, I don't really believe it is any of Sauls concern whether or not anyone follows him. He's tried time and time again to tell people that his only concern is to go after Lizzy, but no one seems to put that as thier top priority the way he does. If Burt wants to follow and ends up dying for it, oh well. Nothing concerns him more than finding her. And to be quite honest, if it were Angel going in search of Riley, I WOULD completely understand. I'm a foolish romantic, and even if Riley turns out to be a lesbian (pretty sure she is) it would still be completely understandable if Angel took off on his own to rescue her. The two have been through hell and high water together. Kalani might be crazy enough to go with him (the way Burt may go after Saul) but I think Angel's only concern at that point would be to get Riley back. He's developed into someone who doesn't always put the mission at the forefront. He thinks big picture but sometimes acts for the individual (ex; he could have left Kalani's fat ass to get eaten by a Behemoth and fixed the truck tire, but instead he chose to stand and fight, against hopeless odds. It was a stupid move, but it was a good one none the less). To call Saul stupid is a bit extreme. It would be more accurate to say wreckless, passionate, or foolish, but stupid is to say that he does't know the consequences of his actions. I think he does know exactly what the consequences could be, he just doesn't give a shit because he is guided by passion.

Oh, and my theory about the shooter/rat hijacking the helicopter was a pretty unthough-out notion. I think when I mentioned it, it was spurred by a sugar rush and a brain fart. I don't really foresee it playing out like that. But the helicopters being split up...yeah. I totally agree that Angel and Kalani will be on the same chopper. Your blonde boy-o might get a shot to lead!

Oh, and I believe that you may be right about Saul not disabling the vehicles. Not only would that be a dick move that could potentially get people killed, but also because you are right in saying, what are they going to do to stop him?

Anywho, great podcast guys and gal! I really enjoyed the new in-depth recap. Kudos nikvoodoo!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    You guys should totally play a drinking game and take a shot every time I say "like" I guarantee you'll die before the 20 minute mark.
    LOL. Ra1th, my man. I actually found myself counting and stopped at around 50. LOL. It's damn near automatic for me because of all the damn speech classes they put us through.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast