User Tag List

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Could Tanya deliver a lethal injection?

With Lewis taking the fall for the shooting, I predict that Michael's plan of avoiding dissent within the Tower will backfire and instead its residents will become divided on what is justice for this killer.
    If execution is demanded or enacted by a rogue, would they want a humane execution by lethal injection?

Assuming Tanya has the necessary drugs (we don't really know the extent of her inventory, what do you think she would do? As a vet, she must have had to put down more than a few animals.

1) Reject the idea of fatal sentence
    2) Provide the means but not administer it?
    3) Administer it herself, maybe even volunteer for it as retribution for scaring Hope

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I doubt she has the right stuff for a true lethal injection. But the right mixture of pain meds could cause an overdose. Not exactly a humane way to kill him. And not too subtle either since someone would surely point a finger at the doctor pretty quickly in that situation.

If we're talking a case of a mob mentality causing a group of Tower folk to bust in on Lewis' "cell" to exact "justice" the most likely method of execution would probably be a sturdy length of rope or a gunshot, or maybe just throw him off the roof.

In any case worrying about lethal injections doesn't seem very likely unless there is an organized decision by the Tower leadership to execute the rat when he/she is found.
    Last edited by HardKor; Jun 6th, 2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typos
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    It is highly likely that the Colony's scouts and scavengers found more than enough lethal drugs to put down a few humans; seeing as they would be pretty useless within the construct of what is now society.

I not only think that Tanya would reject they idea of a lethal injection, but Michael would as well (Someone else may suggest it). I also still believe that no one in the Tower would be harmed emotionally, or even appalled, enough to risk taking action against the supposed killer.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I not only think that Tanya would reject they idea of a lethal injection, but Michael would as well (Someone else may suggest it). I also still believe that no one in the Tower would be harmed emotionally, or even appalled, enough to risk taking action against the supposed killer.
    I agree with you about Tanya and Michael rejecting the idea. But there are many Tower residents that we know nothing, or next to nothing, about. Its definitely within the realm of possibility that some people make look at Lewis sitting all nice and comfy in his room with a bunch of games and, thinking he's the rat, decide he needs to be taken out. That's the biggest risk to Michael's plan to set him up as the patsy. But like I said, if that happens its more likely to be a lynch mob, not an attempt to "humanely" execute someone.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Hoarder"

Status
    Pretty easy - called a helium hood

The helium method basically involves a person placing an “exit bag” over
    his head with the helium entering the bag through a tube.

Helium is seen as a swift, highly lethal and painless way to die without
    involving physicians or drugs. Helium is also nearly undetectable in
    toxicological probes, which is important for people assisting a suicide
    because of the potential of criminal charges.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    It wouldn't take that much potassium to end someones life. Its what they use in lethal injection.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Cycogod, I don't even want to ask why you know that but ya its exactly the kind of discreet, lynch mob action that I feel is most likely to happen if Lewis is to die at all. And like HardKor said, there are plenty of people in the Tower we still know nothing about, any of whom could perform a helium hood without any medical training.
    But I agree that Michael would never condone it so it would have to be done discreetly by insubordinates. I will be interesting to see what Tanya's reaction is to Lewis in this next chapter because although she is in the life saving business, that's no guarantee that she can't feel some people don't deserve to live and in this sort of world, you just might have to take justice into your own hands.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Like hardcore mixing a dozen things together could kill but nicely much pain would be involved