User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Plattsburgh, NY. Well, it could be worse, we could have been in Minot.

All around the housing of the base was a three to four foot fence. Spaced over the length was the no trespassing sign blah blah Lethal Force is Authorized. Now, I see documentaries about Area-51 with the same signs and I chuckle. Now, I am sure the security is much tighter there, but the presenters make it all like DUN DUN DUN your government ready to instantly shoot its own citizens.

The landing strip was very large, even for the military. C5's used to use it for touch and gos. Anyway, the Urban Legend was that it was one of the emergency Landing sites for the Shuttle. Well, one April Fools an AM radio annoucer said the shuttle was going to land. So, a shit load of people drove out to the flight path for typical landings. Ignoring the No Stoping Signs ever 25 - 50 feet. (oh, this was an 8' fence) So, the people like you started to go beserk, because hundreds of people were showing up at the landing zone.

I always wanted one of the SAC base signs. The Guantlet with the Lighting was so cool. But, I was way "gooder" than a goodytwoshoes, so that never happened.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    hahah. good fun. good fun. i wish I could find the SAC badge from my Beret.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    /bump for professor Twain

"Scavenger"

Status
    It certainly seems like a huge gamble to go to Fort Irwin, if it's that good a location it is likely that there will be people already there, and they won't necessarily be friendly as the interactions with the mallers and the colony have shown us

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
    It certainly seems like a huge gamble to go to Fort Irwin, if it's that good a location it is likely that there will be people already there, and they won't necessarily be friendly as the interactions with the mallers and the colony have shown us
    ^^ this. It pretty much sums up my sentiments

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shric debar View Post
    ^^ this. It pretty much sums up my sentiments
    As I said in another thread, I'm imagining the unfriendly army guys from 28 Days Later

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I spent a year stationed at Fort Irwin, and it was already full of unfriendly army guys back then.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I spent a year stationed at Fort Irwin, and it was already full of unfriendly army guys back then.
    Thanks for the bump on this thread.

Hard to imagine the Tower folks flying in and the Irwin guys going all kumba ya on them.

"Lurker"

Status
    yea

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Say what you will about the virtues of travelling to Fort Irwin, but you have to admit that the idea has energized the survivors. They're off exploring new areas of the city, they have one, possibly two helicopters, they're rigging the roof-top to serve as a landing site.

I personally don't think we want the survivors to go to Fort Irwin, at least not yet. In LA they can get into all kinds of mischief, meet and interact with other groups of survivors, maybe even learn something about what caused the zombies in the first place. And they can use their helicopters to fly from point to point! Fort Irwin feels too much like an ending point for the story, a place to hide, regroup, survive, but where one that's too isolated to make for an interesting story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123