User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Michael Is Michael shady?

Well is Michael shady? I just listened to the first couple episodes.
    He lied to Riley about his parents. He told Algel that his parents lived in NORCAL.
    He never told anyone how he got away from the water plant and how he broke his arm.HMMMMM

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    I don't think he's shady, per say. He is just the type of guy that doesn't like to talk about his personal life all too often. IMHO he's a loner. Didn't want to get into why/how his parents died so he just said they lived in norcal. And I feel that in his mind there are more pressing matters to take care of than how his arm got broken...and also KC can keep driving us nuts with no explanation.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't believe he's "shady". I think he works for military intelligence, and he's seen a lot of hard combat. I have a brother who went to Iraq twice. They don't wear their heart on their sleeve and they aren't willing to give up information so easily. It could be for a lot of reasons... my brother doesn't tell war stories. I certainly don't press, but he's hesitant to volunteer those stories out. Maybe this is because he doesn't want to relive it, or maybe he's worried about opening himself up when he should be strong.

Point is, I think Michael doesn't like to relive emotional moments. He thinks it will make him soft and the best way to grieve is to get over it. This is confirmed in the conversation with Kelly after the fire when he talks about his parents and tommy. His thought is if he forgets them then he'll move on and not let it bother him. Which was also a great moment when Michael was able to open up and say goodbye at the end of that chapter.

I think Michael is a great character, and a great protagonist for the story. He's certainly far from perfect, but he is a good guy. But then again, I think to craft a good protagonist you need one that isn't perfect. Perfect is boring. I'm just like They Call me Revolver. I want to know what happened to his damn arm!!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Hmmm...never thought about the military intelligence concept. Or, perhaps ex-sniper who is used to working alone or with one other person?
    That would help explain how he was able to get away from the Behemoth at the water plant & back to the tower.....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I've had my doubts about him, but I've had my doubts about everyone so far. Seems to be just the way the show is written... to keep you wondering.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ctatyk Frost View Post
    Hmmm...never thought about the military intelligence concept. Or, perhaps ex-sniper who is used to working alone or with one other person?
    That would help explain how he was able to get away from the Behemoth at the water plant & back to the tower.....
    You can't rule it out but remember he was at security checkpoints with other guys who fixed his mistake with the dude planning to bomb the area. I don't think he was a loner out in the field or else he would have no idea whatsoever how to lead because he'd be used to being an army of one.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's like Jack from lost. But that would be a kick in the nuts if he was a hidden bad guy. It's always the one who you least expect. But for the most part I like the character Michael.

"Scavenger"

Status
    True but he was a 35H in the Military it's Military Intel. He wouldn't be kicking down doors. Not like 11B Infantry I know this because I'm 11B2P Airborne Infantry.
    But then again you never know.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Team Leader View Post
    Well is Michael shady? I just listened to the first couple episodes.
    He lied to Riley about his parents. He told Algel that his parents lived in NORCAL.
    He never told anyone how he got away from the water plant and how he broke his arm.HMMMMM
    He didn't know Riley enough to "share with her" He didn't like Angel enough to "share with him" and it wasn't Angel's business. Maybe he doesn't want to talk about the water plant hmmmm I know that had I had a life altering experience with a Big one and walked or in Michael's case RAN away with only a busted arm I would not want to talk much about it either. Michael isn't a real touchy feeling sort of guy unless you earn his trust.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I've had my doubts about him, but I've had my doubts about everyone so far. Seems to be just the way the show is written... to keep you wondering.
    "BLASPHEMER!!!!" *points finger at satan*.. wait.. your satan never mind sorry to have bothered you.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast