User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro

Notebook Factions and Armaments and Super Long Tangents

I thought it would be cool to think about what the 3 known/main Factions of We're Alive have in terms of weapons equipment etc. I'll start off with what I think the Eastern Bay "Mallers" have in terms of weapons. Ever since the short but intense battle for the Tower we know the "Mallers" have lost roughly half of their initial numbers before the assault on the Tower, with that slight loss of man power (I say slight because the "Mallers" Are apparently building their ranks again via found survivors. I don't think every survivor they find instantly becomes a slave but I also think that the process of choosing which of the new survivors become slaves and who becomes a "Maller" is all that complicated. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going by the 'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe' system to be honest. My backup for this theory is that there is a female "Maller" other than Scratch, in part 2 of chapter 21 When the Scratch's convoy makes the last stop before the Arena Shes introduced talking about "Sam" being ripped out of his seat during the ambush. She remains nameless but his is still important.) they have also lost a significant amount of weapons and ammo. I'm fairly sure that at this point in the story the "Mallers" have found a significant amount of weapons and ammo stolen from other survivors, scavenged by scouts and what not I doubt they have enough to fight another war but I'm sure they have more. Thinking about burt's shop and possibly the military base and any other locations known or unknown, the "Mallers" probably have in terms of types of weapons mostly pistols and handguns of a common caliber (.45, 9mm, .22, .38 etc.) Common civilian models and variants of Rifles (AR's, various types of hunting rifles, semi-automatic burst fire and single shot rifles with the firing pins removed for full auto capability.) Maybe an assortment of SMG's and shotguns too.

The Colony's "Guardians" are apparently (or were) the only group within The Colony that stayed armed 24/7 (most likely to keep the laborers afraid to step out of line.) Micheal described them as all having rifles with scopes slung around their backs. The "Scavengers" most likely carry smaller firearms such as pistols and sub machine guns. The "Super Marjent's" call the "Guardians" when they feel the use of firearms maybe needed apparently, We have only heard the "Super Marjent's" using what I assume is a cattle prod. Ever since the team of 3 and the new Tower resident fought their way out of the The Colony taking most of The Colony's ammo reserve with them. They most likely only have the ammo left in their guns and nothing more.

And we all know what the Tower Residence have at their disposal by now I'm sure so I wont get to far into that. But I will give you what I assume the rest of the Tower Residents have (not the main characters.) The guns they took from dead "Mallers" during the siege on the Tower, the rest of the weapons from burt's shop, the Rifles and machine guns from Burt's "real safe".

That is all Ladies and Gents!

The Voice of Narf FM

Status

Gamertag: ComradeNarf PSN ID: ComradeNarf
    I like the idea, HorrorHiro. I think it was nikvoodoo who recently mentioned that the Mallers seem to control a lot more space. They're also sending out scouting parties, and apparently have a decent listening post set up. Do you think the Mallers are sending out armored scouts? I would assume from Eastern Bay they should've had access to riot gear. That could prevent a few bites along the way. Along with this, I'd like to see an "area of influence" style map that speculates how much territory the Mallers now oversee.
    Angel Fan Club Haiku:
    Angel is the best.
    Quick! Leap through that window there!
    Ew, flat behemoth.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Thanks for the input and I don't know why Nobody has though about Eastern Bay like that yet! I doubt any of the guards took the time to empty out all the security rooms, weapons lockers etc. For all we know at this point since we know most of the Mallers are with Durai traveling down south perhaps since the war Durai has come to the conclusion that they simply need more. I doubt they are going back to the prison to stay but I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a squad or 2 of Scouts and Scavengers to clear out any and everything they could use down the road. If they already had any "riot gear" I assume the Mallers that have proven themselves (Such as Scratch and probably the scouting teams) would be armored at all times. If this is the case I'm surprised we didn't hear Lizzy say anything about the apparent armor or vest Scratch was wearing, and the Mallers could have bullet protection such as flak jackets or kevlar vests. I remember Tardust talking about a police station, if what was there hadn't already been scavenged by other survivors or taken by the officers during the start of the outbreak I have no doubt that the Mallers took whatever weapons, radios, ammo, armor etc that they found there. Also if they do have the riot equipment from Eastern Bay or the armor from the police station or any other known or unknown area I think that Durai would give it out on a ranking system, this is similar to my theory about the proven Mallers. And I would also like to see a map like that because when we were just catching up to Scratch's convoy and there were roughly 50 or so Mallers with the convoy before the ambush. I feel like the Mallers have found many survivors wich would contribute to the theory about their territory, and possibly why they have slaves. Think about it 1 to many new Mallers not enough guns and ammo for everyone to have a weapon the people who don't have weapons are getting restless instead of just killing them or turning them away Durai decides to make them Forced Laborers and most likely sex slaves...
    Last edited by HorrorHiro; May 15th, 2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Remembered talk of the police station by Mallers

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNarf View Post
    I like the idea, HorrorHiro. I think it was nikvoodoo who recently mentioned that the Mallers seem to control a lot more space. They're also sending out scouting parties, and apparently have a decent listening post set up. Do you think the Mallers are sending out armored scouts? I would assume from Eastern Bay they should've had access to riot gear. That could prevent a few bites along the way. Along with this, I'd like to see an "area of influence" style map that speculates how much territory the Mallers now oversee.
    Well, we know for sure they raided Burt's store, they got into the Reserve armory and they've raided police stations. I'm going on record as saying it's a good bet they raided the armory at the prison prior to breaking out.
    That gives them a lot of shot guns (police and prison).
    Carbines (Reserve and Police stations)
    Remember, it's only the street cops who carry handguns. They usually have a shotty in the squad car though.

The reserve station's armory could have any combination of weapons ranging from M16A2 to .50 cals. Having said that, there will be a plethora of M4s in various configurations, Maybe some M24 rifles, M240B Medium Machine Guns and probably an odd M60.

Burt's shop: No telling what they got from there, but at the time they got more weapons than ammo

Police stations: A ton of 870 shot guns, glocks and ammo. Let's add the SWAT teams to this and you've expanded their inventory to fully automatic weapons like H&K MP5s, Mossburg & Benelli combat shotguns
    LTL (Less than lethal) weapons like tasers, rubber bullets, riot gas and flash bangs.
    You'd have protective gear as well. Shields, vests, pads, helmets and vehicles.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Well, we know for sure they raided Burt's store, they got into the Reserve armory and they've raided police stations. I'm going on record as saying it's a good bet they raided the armory at the prison prior to breaking out.
    That gives them a lot of shot guns (police and prison).
    Carbines (Reserve and Police stations)
    Remember, it's only the street cops who carry handguns. They usually have a shotty in the squad car though.

The reserve station's armory could have any combination of weapons ranging from M16A2 to .50 cals. Having said that, there will be a plethora of M4s in various configurations, Maybe some M24 rifles, M240B Medium Machine Guns and probably an odd M60.

Burt's shop: No telling what they got from there, but at the time they got more weapons than ammo

Police stations: A ton of 870 shot guns, glocks and ammo. Let's add the SWAT teams to this and you've expanded their inventory to fully automatic weapons like H&K MP5s, Mossburg & Benelli combat shotguns
    LTL (Less than lethal) weapons like tasers, rubber bullets, riot gas and flash bangs.
    You'd have protective gear as well. Shields, vests, pads, helmets and vehicles.
    I'm pretty sure they got their radios from the police stations as well, that's more than likely what Tardust was talking about when he mentioned that they had "something beter". As for the "Listening Station" that the mallers had was simply a bank of 40 CB radios, one on each of the CB channels, and one guy sitting there waiting for one of them to squawk.

As for the Colony I'm wondering where they got most of their weapons. Most police departments in the Burbs aren't as well armed as you'd get in the LAPD, which I am assuming has the weaponry of an infantry Battalion .

I'm also pretty interested to find out what "The Weapon" is that Scratch was talking about. I think that it's a good possibility that the outbreak may have started in or around Eastern Bay, possibly that there were expiriments on inmates there. "The Weapon" might be something that pacifies the zombies rather than killing them (bad form to kill your reaserch subjects).

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Leedo2502;15014]As for the Colony I'm wondering where they got most of their weapons. Most police departments in the Burbs aren't as well armed as you'd get in the LAPD, which I am assuming has the weaponry of an infantry Battalion .

Leedo,

Remember that the LAPD did a serious weapons and training upgrade after the 97 North Hollywood Bank robbery! That's the one with the two cats in full body armor and automatic weapons punked the entire force. I'd actually forgotten about that when I did my first post.
    I'm not sure what they're carrying now, but you bet they have at least an M4 variant with high velocity rounds in the trunks now.

How frigg'n smart was that of them Mallers to set up a comm bank to cover all 40 damn CB channels?! That's some Lex Luthor level shiggity right there!

"Hoarder"

Status

[QUOTE=HaveCrowBarWillTravel;15024]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    As for the Colony I'm wondering where they got most of their weapons. Most police departments in the Burbs aren't as well armed as you'd get in the LAPD, which I am assuming has the weaponry of an infantry Battalion .

Leedo,

Remember that the LAPD did a serious weapons and training upgrade after the 97 North Hollywood Bank robbery! That's the one with the two cats in full body armor and automatic weapons punked the entire force. I'd actually forgotten about that when I did my first post.
    I'm not sure what they're carrying now, but you bet they have at least an M4 variant with high velocity rounds in the trunks now.

How frigg'n smart was that of them Mallers to set up a comm bank to cover all 40 damn CB channels?! That's some Lex Luthor level shiggity right there!
    In Cincinnati PD some of the Cops carry M-4's in the trunk of the squad car... I saw some chase in the news here where they had an armed dude run from the cops and hide in a residential area and the cop pulls up infront of the news camera and the cop pops the trunk throws his hat in there and pulls out an M-4 locks and loads and went off running (I have to say the Infantryman inside me got a little excited LOL).
    I'm totally with you on the Mallers... I think that they are alot smarter and know alot more about the outbreak than some in the forums give them credit for. I bet that if the Mallers and The Tower were to compare notes they'd fill in alot of gaps in their zombie knowledge.
    I like your Lex Luthor comparison for The Mallers... pretty apt!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

As for the Colony I'm wondering where they got most of their weapons. Most police departments in the Burbs aren't as well armed as you'd get in the LAPD, which I am assuming has the weaponry of an infantry Battalion
    I'm sure the Colony got most of it's weapons from the original group that built what the Colony is now, the coast guard coming with rescue choppers taking only a few people at a time and giving people guns and ammo with every return, and the survivors who had weapons upon coming to the Colony. Remember they don't let any of the laborers or civilians keep whatever weapon they come into the Colony with...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

I'm totally with you on the Mallers... I think that they are alot smarter and know alot more about the outbreak than some in the forums give them credit for. I bet that if the Mallers and The Tower were to compare notes they'd fill in alot of gaps in their zombie knowledge.
    I like your Lex Luthor comparison for The Mallers... pretty apt!
    Agreed, most people do just look at the Mallers as "a bunch of dumb shits on prison break wielding a bunch of stolen guns" ~ Burt or something to that affect. I think Tardust, Duri, Latch, and maybe even Scratch are prime examples of the Mallers true brain power...remember Eastern Bay was a maximum level security prison people! It's not some drunk tank of a jail. It's the kind of place that Lex Luthor esc people go! I highly doubt many of the Mallers ended up there for something as simple as a murder here a rape there. Majority of them were probably on the FBI's most wanted list (that maybe exagerating just a bit.) Unless we're talking about Duri I have a feeling he was involved in some serious underground combat before Eastern Bay, perhaps he was a gun for hire or much more likely a tactician of strategist for hire. I would easily believe that simply looking how far the Mallers have come with Duri's overall leadership. The finding of survivors, greatly increasing the Mallers numbers, assembling and organizing Scouting and Scavenging teams, mapping out the very large territory that the Mallers seem to now posses etc.
    Last edited by HorrorHiro; May 16th, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Based on the map, the Colony is just a short distance from Los Alamitos. That city is home to a major California National Guard base, many times the size of the base previously referenced in Bell. Take a look at the aerial view on Google maps. You can see large lots full of Humvees, trucks and engineering equipment, a military airfield and ammo bunkers visibile, and large areas that have been blanked out that contain parking lots full of tanks and armored vehicles. The Colony shouldn't have had any problem stocking up on weapons or ammo there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast