User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two things.....

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    here is a link to information on the Desert Eagle that specifies maximum effective range to be 200 meters...quite a long shot with any handgun, but physically possible according to specs.

as far as shooting the tattooed zombie and hitting him in the hand after he'd jumped out the window at 300+ meters...well, I'd always read that scene as Burt using the M16 to make that shot, which makes a lot more sense than using Shirley.

edit...oops, thought I'd reached the end of the thread, bit guess I hadn't. sorry for redundant post.
    "And zombies! Where the f*ck are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable."
    -- George Carlin

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    he might not be a doctor, but he spends every day looking at people's body's for wounds that looks suspicious for the past few months, i'm sure the guy knows what he's doing

or we could go back to the plot hole thing
    A cut made by a piece of wood would warrant concern when the disease Is spread by blood and is known to have a varying incubation period, but your right, it might be a plot hole

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Burt's shooting a .50 Cal Desert Eagle
    You can change out the barrels, but from what I recall, he hasn't done that. He has his .357 revolver for everything else.
    Most of what I've read only says the MER is 200M.
    I'd venture to guess the Maximum effective range has to be for an area target though and not a point target. Point MER is going to be much shorter.
    A marksman will be able to do things with a weapon that look superhuman to normal people.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Burt's shooting a .50 Cal Desert Eagle
    You can change out the barrels, but from what I recall, he hasn't done that. He has his .357 revolver for everything else.
    Most of what I've read only says the MER is 200M.
    I'd venture to guess the Maximum effective range has to be for an area target though and not a point target. Point MER is going to be much shorter.
    A marksman will be able to do things with a weapon that look superhuman to normal people.
    Are you talking in both instances that were brought up? or just the time out on the freeway and the mirror? Because Michael clearly says Burt has a rifle in the hallway when they are confronting TOWTM. Why you would give up a rifle for a hand gun to shoot a target that is running away from you makes no logical sense to me at all.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Are you talking in both instances that were brought up? or just the time out on the freeway and the mirror? Because Michael clearly says Burt has a rifle in the hallway when they are confronting TOWTM. Why you would give up a rifle for a hand gun to shoot a target that is running away from you makes no logical sense to me at all.

Yeah, if you had a choice of bullets, but Burt didn't.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Nik I'm just talking about his back up gun period. They found him with his .357 in a death clutch. LOL. I didn't mention anything about giving up a gun for a rifle. Unless you're referring to my last line. That's just a statement about Burt's accuracy with such an ungainly weapon.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post
    Yeah, if you had a choice of bullets, but Burt didn't.
    In the narration, Michael says there are only handfuls of all size rounds (11-1, 12:45). Burt had options to take a single shot. Burt also mentions just before this moment for Michael to find his rounds for Shirley, implying (weakly I'll grant you) that was not what he just fired.

Regardless, listen to the sound effects of Burt shooting TOWTM. After the shot, you hear him pull the bolt back and release the empty shell casing. (11-1, 11:10) That doesn't happen with a desert eagle which expels the casing in the same motion as the weapon being fired. If Burt had used Shirley, we would hear the shot and the shell casing bouncing around almost instantly. But instead we hear shot, silence, impact and groan, compliment on the shot, then the bolt action of a rifle and the shell casing hitting the ground.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    In the narration, Michael says there are only handfuls of all size rounds (11-1, 12:45). Burt had options to take a single shot. Burt also mentions just before this moment for Michael to find his rounds for Shirley, implying (weakly I'll grant you) that was not what he just fired.

Regardless, listen to the sound effects of Burt shooting TOWTM. After the shot, you hear him pull the bolt back and release the empty shell casing. (11-1, 11:10) That doesn't happen with a desert eagle which expels the casing in the same motion as the weapon being fired. If Burt had used Shirley, we would hear the shot and the shell casing bouncing around almost instantly. But instead we hear shot, silence, impact and groan, compliment on the shot, then the bolt action of a rifle and the shell casing hitting the ground.
    All I can say is thank goodness for Were Alives sound design.

I'll give you that he fired his rifle both times, but I still don't understand why burt would say about 100 meteres Is "a bit far"
    Last edited by WestonWisdom; Apr 12th, 2011 at 01:24 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Maybe his eyesight isn't what it used to be and he was implying that in his grand haydays he could do better from an even futher distance.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Given pistol sights, 100m is pretty far. Most other pistols have a maximum effective range of like 50m. I think you don't have to even listen to the bolt in 11-1. Shirley, as Saul says, is a "hand cannon" and her boom is very distinctive. Listen to the beginning of 4-1 and you can easily pick it out from the M16s, SAW and Beretta. Although the sound of the bolt does help. Plus, considering there is one Desert Eagle and at least four M16s, plus the SAW, which all use 5.56, it is far more likely that there would be an extra 5.56 round lying around for Burt to grab.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast