User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    That's a myth. Trees are extinct in LA. It's totally void of all edible greenery. If you want to find a real orange (or any farmland) you have to travel east or north.
    I used to live in CA and I have to say there are plenty of nuts....

Seriously though, we had a friend with a giant avocado tree in his backyard, my MIN had figs, lemons and asparagus. Wild anise grows everywhere (gag, I HATE the way it smells--like licorice).

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Nuts in LA? they are on every corner...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Gatherer"

Status
    I think you have to take into account the rolls everyone plays especially the ones in charge. Angel is a green Lieutenant, he orders people to do things, doesn't know much else. Saul is a soldier/medic, kills things and patches people up. Michael is in Military Intelligence, good at gathering information not food.

Maybe if they had a supply officer or someone in logistics they would be better off with supplies. Off the top of my head, top places to find food in quantities, schools, elementary to high schools have lunch cafeterias and food in bulk. You wouldn't think it but office buildings have supply closets with crap loads of coffee and snack foods - also enough paper clips and rubber bans to put out an eye of every zombie in LA. Not to mention some buildings have restaurants in them that they could raid.

One thing bugged me about the garden on the roof. Why not convert some apartments or even a whole floor into a garden. Seriously they had power and water in the beginning but only grew food on the roof. Go to the hardware store get some lights pots and dirt and start an apartment garden.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    One thing bugged me about the garden on the roof. Why not convert some apartments or even a whole floor into a garden. Seriously they had power and water in the beginning but only grew food on the roof. Go to the hardware store get some lights pots and dirt and start an apartment garden.
    The power needed to run lamps like that would be astronomical. That's why making a.....ahem...."garden".....in your own home usually requires people to by pass the usual power grid because the power drawn to grow marijuana is a tip off to authorities. And those that don't by pass consume an estimated 1% of America's power......What you're suggesting would be larger than most of the average...."gardens"....that people grow for uh medicinal purposes.

Also, the threat of fire from the heat would be one hell of a risk.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I think you have to take into account the rolls everyone plays especially the ones in charge. Angel is a green Lieutenant, he orders people to do things, doesn't know much else. Saul is a soldier/medic, kills things and patches people up. Michael is in Military Intelligence, good at gathering information not food.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

- - Green and Lieutenant is redundant as hell! LOL

- The roof is the better option because there was more space, air and a chance for rain. Another thing to consider would be the insects and rodents this would bring into the building. Infestations just waiting to get into the already dwindling food supply.

- Anyone that's been deployed to a bare base camp has gained more than enough logistical knowledge to survive, especially those assigned to Forward Operating Bases (like Saul). I do believe that lateral procurement of "Stuff" is learned by osmosis in the Army since it's very creation.

- I think the last thing to take into consideration is: How dangerous would it be to try to gather stuff (besides, the Mallers had basically cleaned out the entire area already)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    - The roof is the better option because there was more space, air and a chance for rain. Another thing to consider would be the insects and rodents this would bring into the building. Infestations just waiting to get into the already dwindling food supply.
    You make it sound like that's a bad thing. Insects and rodents are protein. Which gives me an idea: the should totally raid a pet shop and grab some of those cute bunnies and start breeding them for food.

"Lurker"

Status
    That seasonal thing gave me a morbid thought that if maybe a zombie apocalypse happens it would just be a game by some upper power. Say the zombies "spawn" a.k.a. are picked randomly from the group at the beginning of zombie season. These zombies are picked in major areas of the world (e.g. capital cities or just generalized locations like centers of states). They then spread for a year or two then after all is dead and gone it just "reverts" back to just before the zombie apocalypse with no memories of what just happened. As if we are just a little computer game or toybox for some omnipotent little kid with an angry disposition. The Sims 4: Zombie Apocalypse.

Edit: How'd this get from Possible Supply Sources to seasonal occurences back to supply sources, and then why the tower didn't oversee some of these supply sources and now back to seasonal occurences.
    Last edited by Anhysbys; Nov 16th, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    - I think the last thing to take into consideration is: How dangerous would it be to try to gather stuff (besides, the Mallers had basically cleaned out the entire area already)
    I dont know, I think that getting supplies or raiding is way less dangerous than following the zombies home.

"Lurker"

Status

There's this Goya (a huge maker and distributor of canned foods) processing plant in Miami that I used to pass by on my way to work. The place is freaking humongous! Upon a Zombie outbreak, this would be one of the first places I'd hit up for the most important resource... food. Think canned beans, vegetables, etc. Walmarts and big department stores are the most obvious places. But processing plants like these are not the first thing to come to peoples' minds.

Next stop? SportsAuthority. Check their page out: http://www.sportsauthority.com/categ...tdoor%20Gear_5
    Think of the body protection and alternative (to guns) weaponry you could find there! I'd think of some sort of cleats for good traction (anyone who's played footbal, baseball or soccer knows what a HUGE difference cleats make when running).

Now... what would I hit up Walmarts and Target for? Vehicles! Think about it... car dealerships have amazing selections, but matching the keys to the cars becomes an issue unless you worked there and know where to look. But at a place like Walmart or Target? Go through the unturned, eaten up dead bodies and search their freakin pockets! Then all you do is walk out to the lot and hit the panic buttons.

TASM cheking out...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345