User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Saul Possible supply sources ...

Just thinking out loud here ...

Has our plucky band of survivors checked the freeways for delivery trucks? If you get up on the freeway, odds are in and area of that type there are probably dozens of eighteen wheelers loaded with food and other supplies that were stalled when the traffic stopped. The trucks are locked.

Nice to hear about the water truck. I am picturing maybe a water delivery truck with the big bottles? Got to be more than one of those around. Also, all the coca cola and pepsi trucks all carried bottled water as well.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 12th, 2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I moved this to theories. Its better suited here.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yeah. The mention of the water truck made me think of this, too. With all of the beverage delivery, vending machine suppliers, and distribution centers, it should be fairly easy to find some extra supplies if you send out a scout or two. Good thinking about Coke & Pepsi trucks. What about BEER trucks? Now we're talking!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    Yeah. The mention of the water truck made me think of this, too. With all of the beverage delivery, vending machine suppliers, and distribution centers, it should be fairly easy to find some extra supplies if you send out a scout or two. Good thinking about Coke & Pepsi trucks. What about BEER trucks? Now we're talking!
    I'd imagine at this point most beer has gone skunky from baking in a hot truck for (at least) 3 months. Besides, I think the Tower is going to keep the drinking light as a consequence of the War.

I think in general, it seems like such a simple idea that it could have been overlooked (See: MRE) so something like this might come into play later on down the road. On the other hand, it could be one of those things that Kc thinks isn't necessary for us to hear and has been glossed over for that purpose. But that would be an untapped resource according to what we know in the script right now.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'd imagine at this point most beer has gone skunky from baking in a hot truck for (at least) 3 months. Besides, I think the Tower is going to keep the drinking light as a consequence of the War.
    True, true.

Come to think of it, even Staples and other office supply stores will distribute food. We get snacks for our office (pretzels and the like) all of the time. Stuff like that could last for many, many months as long as it is properly sealed. Yet another vehicle they could spot. Even if they don't think about it in the story, I'm keeping this in mind for when Z-Day hits.

"Lurker"

Status
    I am surprised they have not tried to hit the Costco's, Smart & Final's, and Wal Mart's

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sickboy774 View Post
    I am surprised they have not tried to hit the Costco's, Smart & Final's, and Wal Mart's
    I'm sure they did on their first supply runs, but I'm also pretty certain that for trademark and copyright reasons you shouldn't mention stores like that by name. Generic is always safer. You never know which company has a bug up its butt and will sue for using their intellectual property without permission. Just find anyone that's used Hulk Hogan's image without his permission. Like this
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm sure they did on their first supply runs...(snip)
    Agreed. Just like Greg (and guests) have repeatedly told Brit on We're Not Dead, those are the places most people would hit for supplies first. Additionally, the buildings aren't very secure so the zombies would have easily gained access to eat what food remained within a few weeks.

"Builder"

Status
    might just be me but I'd hit the hard liquor! that doesn't really go bad and the stuff that sucks could be used for fire or weapons
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by sickboy774 View Post
    They mention that all the stores have been raided by the Mallers, so I assume that includes the Costco's and Wal Mart's and such

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    They mention that all the stores have been raided by the Mallers, so I assume that includes the Costco's and Wal Mart's and such
    I may not know just how big those places are, but I'm making a wild guess that there's no way that less than a hundred prisoners could empty all the costcos and Wal Mart's etc in the vicinity. Heck, I doubt they could do it to our malls and supermarkets, which are a lot smaller
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast