User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best leader?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status

Who makes the best leader?

I liked Michael when he was in charge, atleast in the beginning, he was going in the right direction and I agreed with his decisions. I don't like the direction Burt is taking things.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Michael was good as a leader, but, I don't see him taking over again anytime soon and about Burt, well, Burt is Burt.

Angel's going to take control around the mid-season of Season 3. But, in the near future, I see Kalani gaining a following and possibly leaving the Tower, with Burt leaving on his own. As the Tower breaks down (Again), Saul will probably take control with Michael and Angel as his support.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I vote Michael...but to be completely honest, none of the choices thrill me and there aren't any other leaders in the group. Michael, as we know, did well enough to keep them alive in the beginning. His tactics and methods worked well, but he cracked under intense pressure. I stress intense because he kept his cool for the most part, but finally he reached his wits end after the War.

Burt's method of leadership is hard to get a clear sense of because we don't hear his rationalizations. Unlike Burt we know (through narration) why Michael did what he did. Just think if we followed Kelly upstairs after the near eviction from the tower and Michael shot the zombie that came charging for her. We hear exactly why he decided to push her outside. We get no such luxury in Burt's case. There's no in depth analysis indicating why Burt does what he does. I feel if we heard from his point of view more often, we might be more agreeable to his leadership.

As for Angel.....he can't even keep Kalani in order. If one chunky Hawaiian can't follow your orders what hope is there? Joking aside, Angel is growing, but he hasn't proven he can lead the Tower yet.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I voted for Michael, when Michael was leader he was taking it in the right direction, planning everything out but in the end it just didn't work out. Angel still isn't experienced enough to be put in charge of a large group yet, maybe a smaller one like in recon missions but he shouldn't be in charge of the tower. And Burt... well Burt is starting to act a little bit like a dictator, I mean hes not running it like a dictatorship but there are a few things that he should ease up on.

"Scavenger"

Status
    No option for "none of the above"? Right now I don't have a lot of faith in any of the top 3 contestants.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    No option for "none of the above"? Right now I don't have a lot of faith in any of the top 3 contestants.
    there's an option for "other"

and even i agree, michaels ur best leader
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    I voted for Michael, when Michael was leader he was taking it in the right direction, planning everything out but in the end it just didn't work out. Angel still isn't experienced enough to be put in charge of a large group yet, maybe a smaller one like in recon missions but he shouldn't be in charge of the tower. And Burt... well Burt is starting to act a little bit like a dictator, I mean hes not running it like a dictatorship but there are a few things that he should ease up on.
    Agreed! I like Michael, he's really smart. It's a shame about his attitude with the other Towermates.
    Last edited by SleepyGlenn; Feb 6th, 2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Edited to be less offensive!
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    Agreed! I like Michael, he's really smart. It's a shame about his emo attitude with the other Towermates.
    I find your misuse and misunderstanding of the term "emo" slightly insulting. Emo is nothing more than a music genre that sparked a sub-culture to follow it. Emo doesn't even stand for "emotional", it stands for "emotive hardcore" a genre of music started in the mid 1980s and popularized in the early 2000s.

The notion that all emo people cut themselves, are depressed, and want to commit suicide is a misconception created by the media. Just like the misconception that people who listen to metal worship the devil and want to kill people.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    I find your misuse and misunderstanding of the term "emo" slightly insulting. Emo is nothing more than a music genre that sparked a sub-culture to follow it. Emo doesn't even stand for "emotional", it stands for "emotive hardcore" a genre of music started in the mid-1980s.

The notion that all emo people cut themselves, are depressed, and want to commit suicide is a misconception created by the media. Just like the misconception that people who listen to metal worship the devil and want to kill people.
    Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to ask everyone if rock is the devils music then what does that make Christian rock?

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    I find your misuse and misunderstanding of the term "emo" slightly insulting. Emo is nothing more than a music genre that sparked a sub-culture to follow it. Emo doesn't even stand for "emotional", it stands for "emotive hardcore" a genre of music started in the mid 1980s and popularized in the early 2000s.

Oh no! Sorry I didn't mean to cause offense. I have changed my post. I think I only used the phrase because I heard Michael described as such on the We're Not Dead podcast just now. I really don't think that people who identify themselves as Emo are depressed people, and I know what it stands for. I like that music myself. I said that he was Emo in a teasing way at the steriotype but I get that you might have found it ignorant. Sorry about that.

Personally I can't stand it when people say that something is "gay" when they mean something negative, so I understand.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast