User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    @obamacat
    There were zombies at the pumping station, one of the big ones. Michael gets stuck behind when he tries to shoot it and he breaks his arm somewhere here.

@Ra1th
    Not everyone has the knowledge of boiling water to make it safe. But most people do.
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by Re1ndeer View Post
    @obamacat
    There were zombies at the pumping station, one of the big ones. Michael gets stuck behind when he tries to shoot it and he breaks his arm somewhere here.
    That's true but I don't think they were actually infecting the water supply.

Status
    Achievements:
    With the Rain, could there be sort of acid rain effect and the rain could get infected?

"Scavenger"

Status
    I would guess that whatever the infectious agent is, it does not survive outside of the host organism very long but is passed only by direct contact. The survivors have been in close contact on so many occasions but only infected by direct injury.

If it were otherwise, say airborne or even long-living on exposed surfaces or fluids, then everyone would have turned by now. They live in a filthy, bloody & dead environment. Just cleaning up after an attack would have infected the cleanup crew. I seem to recall the extent of their personal protective gear being gloves and shower curtains at one point. From a biological defense point of view that is laughable, yet none were infected.

The scene at the Arena with humans hiding in a pile of mutilated corpses tends to prove this as well. There is no way that in that vile & juicy pile of creature-killed corpses that they did not come across blood or saliva from a creature - they were covered in goo. Yet no infection.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    I would guess that whatever the infectious agent is, it does not survive outside of the host organism very long but is passed only by direct contact. The survivors have been in close contact on so many occasions but only infected by direct injury.

If it were otherwise, say airborne or even long-living on exposed surfaces or fluids, then everyone would have turned by now. They live in a filthy, bloody & dead environment. Just cleaning up after an attack would have infected the cleanup crew. I seem to recall the extent of their personal protective gear being gloves and shower curtains at one point. From a biological defense point of view that is laughable, yet none were infected.

The scene at the Arena with humans hiding in a pile of mutilated corpses tends to prove this as well. There is no way that in that vile & juicy pile of creature-killed corpses that they did not come across blood or saliva from a creature - they were covered in goo. Yet no infection.
    *clap clap clap* that was awesome! I think u just hit the nail on its head
    Angel's #1 Fan

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

There is no evidence (yet) that says how long the pathogen (to allow for more possibilities than the word virus grants us). Tommy got the Jumpers guts sprayed all over him and about five minutes later it gets into his wounds and he turns. For all we know, the pathogen can live outside a host body for years until evidence is produced to the contrary.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Who said the corpses had any "infection"... just playing devil's advocate...

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    decent point but thats partially due to pollution right? or no, if it is then it could totally rain more cuz of less pollution.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    acid rain doesnt really have anything to do with the zombies, i think you guys are overthinking this issue.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Achievements:
    I knew I was stretching it with the acid rain.

But, back to the main idea, could the local rivers and streams be contaminated?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast