User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    This might be a lost cause trying to fight the creator on this but like wooly said, these zombies kill by tearing humans apart limb from limb using teeth fingers anything, and the victim isn't exactly gonna sit there and take it are they? They'll fight back. The result would be one giant bloody mess but the victim is killed before he gets a chance to turn (2-3 minutes?) anyway there's a giant bloody mess of a corpse, we know zombies drool and salivate like mad when they have the scent of a human so there SHOULD be a transfer of fluids/blood between victim and zombie, and this SHOULD be the case for almost every body in that pile. So all together a good bit of zombie toxin should have been in and around those bodies, I'll guarantee u angel n Riley got goo in heir mouths and eyes, so the way I see it, had the virus been active outside the host body, Rigel (Riley/angel) shoulda turned.

But that could totally not be the case in which case PLOT HOLE! TAN TAN TAAAAAAAN!
    Most virus are fragile outside the hosts body.(HIV will last on a surface outside the body 1 to 2 hours and I got that from the CDC)
    Yes the concentration of a virus in saliva is present in things like HIV infection. So it stands to reason that it would be with the Zvirus But the chance of infection is low and as the mouth is an unfriendly place to any virus in general. Blood (zombie blood) would have a higher level of concentration of the Zvirus then Zombie spit. Much higher.

Just for fun facts
    [quoted from Wiki] Human saliva is composed of 98% water, while the other 2% consists of other compounds such as electrolytes, mucus, antibacterial compounds, and various enzymes.[1] As part of the initial process of food digestion, the enzymes in the saliva break down some of the starch and fat in the food at the molecular level.

The pile of nummy zombie treats that Riley and Angel rolled around in was not fresh meat. It was well aged, soft and gooey. I would say more a possibility for bacteria infection then ZVirus infection.

Also.. to answer the part about victims putting up a fight prior to their visit to the food prep portion of the arena.. I don't buy it. 1. Zombies are much stronger then humans. Note here I didn't say superhuman but I would say at least chimpanzee strong as they ripped apart a Saul's car and an adult chimp can rip apart a human being
    2. They also are working in pairs or some other multiple. I think they rip "food people" apart in pairs.. Like a big game of tug o war. Also, to disjoint an animal you don't have to break bones you only have to break tendons and dislocate (which isn't hard to do) joints. its something like 8 to 14 pounds of pressure on an average human to dislocate a joint)

Last part:
    My question

Could the drooling in Blood, sweat, and fears been not only from the scent of humans but from the zombies being triggered to hunt?
    Last edited by yarri; Apr 1st, 2011 at 04:00 AM.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Are they? I was under the impressionthat they were similar to humans who never got tired or felt pain; so like they can sprint at top speed for long periods of time and strain muscles without regard to injuries or pain. But it doesn't seem like normals are superhuman(I think)
    Maybe thay have 'crazy-people' strength. Or something like adrenaline; I have chronic pains but a few times when the adrenaline kicked in even the constant pains vanished, till it wore off. If the infected are numb they could do all sorts of things.

Ever try to catch an animal? Wild or otherwise, they absolutely freak out- you wouldn't believe how fast most critters can move. And when they fight they all become Berserkers...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    In Chapter 1, Saul says "They tore that car apart like a tin can!"
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Note to self -> Never argue when the writer of the show himself edits your posts.

OK. So. My new theory is that the "infection" is transmitted spiritually (aka psychic vampirism ala Lifeforce ) and that whether the victim is eaten or turned is a choice made by the attacker and not random biology.

There. Explains it all. If fluids are not the transmission vector than the water is safe

Or I could be full of it and puzzled, which is more likely lol. I'm glad this show is not predictable.

"Lurker"

Status
    When Tommy was refusing to get cleaned off I thought the Zombie's may have a weakness to water. But that theory was quickly shot down was they started swimming towards Michael and Pegs on the boat. As to why it's not infected, maybe there is something to my water theory in the sense that the virus cannot be transfered through it.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadingGodmode View Post
    When Tommy was refusing to get cleaned off I thought the Zombie's may have a weakness to water. But that theory was quickly shot down was they started swimming towards Michael and Pegs on the boat. As to why it's not infected, maybe there is something to my water theory in the sense that the virus cannot be transfered through it.
    Checking on the wonderful world wide web, I came across a website called http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Mi-...the-Ocean.html. Here, I found this quote:
    "Viruses are entities that require bacteria or other cells in order to make copies of their genetic material and to construct new casings that house the genetic material. Scientific studies have shown that 10 to 100 million viruses can be present in a teaspoonful of sea water." This may fight towards the fact that many viruses can in fact survive in oceananic waters.

But there are viruses and bacteria that also die in salt water... ever gargle salt water? Sure, it's disgusting, but it helps with the common cold. So until The Tower does a few more experiments, like sticking a zombie in a tank of salt water, and then having someone drink that water, we won't really know what will happen...
    Last edited by Dyehardjr; Apr 4th, 2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyehardjr View Post
    "Viruses are entities that require bacteria or other cells in order to make copies of their genetic material and to construct new casings that house the genetic material. Scientific studies have shown that 10 to 100 million viruses can be present in a teaspoonful of sea water." This may fight towards the fact that many viruses can in fact survive in oceananic waters.
    This is true, so from what we have seen the Virus/Parasite can only affect the human physiology or we would of seen animal as zombies as well. we have seen the V/P can cause mutation depending on the physiology of the human host e.g. greater speed, size plus some intelligence and over time we have herd of new some new mutations e.g. the ones skittles saw on the roof of the army base. The only way the V/P could efficently survive in water, is if it were to mutate quite drasticly as with most blood/bodily transmitted diseases (BTD) almost never survive outside the body for very long, it will take several years to mutate enougth to survive out side the human body and will most likely be tranferable to any enity that needs water to survie

The paragrah is a bit jumbled but basicly in order for the Virus/Parasite (V/P) to survive out side the body, let alone in salt water will take several years of mutation and will most likely have mutated the ability to infect animals as well.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mythicgr66 View Post
    The paragrah is a bit jumbled but basicly in order for the Virus/Parasite (V/P) to survive out side the body, let alone in salt water will take several years of mutation and will most likely have mutated the ability to infect animals as well.
    That's interesting... we know that animals aren't effected from the Virus/Parasite/whatever, but if the Tower was forced to begin hunting animals and having to eat them, which is likely, because Riley has said that they have 2 years before ALL the food goes bad, could the virus be transfered through the animal to humans, even though it doesn't effect the animal?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456