User Tag List

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved

Bricks Seems Unenthused About Bringing People Back

The guy who tased Lizzie was all gung ho about bringing people back to the Mallers. The other guy (Bricks) seems to want to let her get away from the get-go.

Plus it's obvious that the Mallers are sort of falling apart. If Darius is dead or incapacitated whoever is in charge is:

A: Making people want to leave a safe-ish local

B: Unable to keep people from leaving

"Scavenger"

Status
    That is an excellent point. The Maller organization certainly seems to be breaking down. I can only think of two reasons why you would send out parties to capture deserters:
    (1) you need the labor force, indicating a shortage of people in the group
    (2) simple control, particularly believable if a nutjob like Scratch is in charge now.

It's probably both. Start out with a bad location, add incompetent management and a failed war, and you can see why people would have to be forced to stay. I'm curious to see who is left over at the mall. Bet it's not that many any more.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Not all prisoners are evil--given a real chance. At some point it would settle in that you could make your own world.

Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    ...simple control, particularly believable if a nutjob like Scratch is in charge now.
    Her character intrigues me when she's not being repetitiously psychotic. She seems kinda powerless or a gamma female that wants to be an alpha. She's a dog that barks a lot, even though it never seems to get her very far. Remember, she was the only one to let the prisoners out of the prison once the melee started. She loved her brother and she is capable of great loyalty.

I hated how our heroes kept calling her ugly because of her scar--not very heroic.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Mar 31st, 2011 at 06:45 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I hated how our heroes kept calling her ugly because of her scar--not very heroic.
    Even heroes can be critical.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by timberwoof View Post
    Even heroes can be critical.
    Naw, Superman would never do that...Batman? Maybe.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Naw, Superman would never do that...Batman? Maybe.
    Really? Superman isn't a Saint. Just a GOD!!! hahaha

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Here is what I think happened. The mallers, after escaping from Eastern Bay, found/took people to be slaves/zombie meat then after or even during the war they people escaped and now all the prison mallers are trying to hunt down the citizen mallers. This could also bring in more people for the tower. That could be why Bricks didn't want to get them, because he got stuck with a boring job.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    Here is what I think happened. The mallers, after escaping from Eastern Bay, found/took people to be slaves/zombie meat then after or even during the war they people escaped and now all the prison mallers are trying to hunt down the citizen mallers. This could also bring in more people for the tower. That could be why Bricks didn't want to get them, because he got stuck with a boring job.
    I dont agree with your scenario (though it's totally plausible) but I do agree that bricks seems more annoyed that he has to complete a job he doesn't want to take part in vs. being unenthused about taking people back (like victor when he found. MPK). To me it was never him not wanting to bring people back to the mall, i read it as "this job blows, I don't want to do it, I'd rather be back in the mall where it's safer. Screw the asshats that ran away. I'm looking out for #1"
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    ...I do agree that bricks seems more annoyed that he has to complete a job he doesn't want to take part in vs. being unenthused..."
    This fascinates me, because I can see how it could be interpreted that way too. I felt like he was trying to let whoever was there get away. But, if he thought it was a zombie, I could see him avoiding the confrontation. (BTW, how many stores don't have a backdoor?). Maybe he was just turned off by the other guys enthusiasm for the job.

...and I'm imagining a stylish fedora asshat...
    Last edited by Eviebae; Apr 1st, 2011 at 10:47 PM.