Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    You know what this thread has told me?

That Kc/Shane and co. really know their stuff.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I just realized Saul Tink sounds an awful lot like Saltine. If you say it out loud.
    Love it!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"New Arrival"

Status
    Lots of good theories. But... you can make anything about religion if you try hard enough. The names could just have been a quick way to convey something about the characters. Angel - the pretty boy. Cross - the grump. I have to agree though, that a name like Durai seems to shout deeper meaning.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    You know what this thread has told me?

That Kc/Shane and co. really know their stuff.
    Indeed. Never had a doubt.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Ok, I was going to save this for my "Fun Facts" release, but I guess I'll toss this out now. Not so much a name thing, and it could be an amazing coincidence, buuuuut:

The combo to Burt's safe is 56-22-1.
    The 56th book of the bible is The Book of Titus.
    22 breaks down to 2:2 because Titus isn't a very long book. 2:2 is a list of qualities for "aged men".
    The 1st quality on that list is "sober".

Crazy coincidence? Maybe. Interesting either way? I think so.

Here's a link to Titus 2:2.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    It just keeps getting better and better. Great find Shananala8!

Pippin
    1. A person or thing that is admired.
    2. Foreigner, Stranger.
    3. Apple or fruit.
    Last edited by Zombiehead; Apr 29th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Lizzy

While I was looking up a German rock band I veered off and found this. Quite interesting I might add...

Lizzy \l(iz)-zy\ as a girl's name is a variant of Elizabeth (Hebrew), and the meaning of Lizzy is "God's promise; God is my oath".

According to the Gospel of Luke, Elizabeth and her husband Zechariah were "righteous before God, living blamelessly" (1:6), but childless. Zechariah was visited by the angel Gabriel, who told him his wife would have a son who "will be great in the sight of the Lord"
    FORETELLING???

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Pippin
    1. A person or thing that is admired.
    2. Foreigner, Stranger.
    3. Apple or fruit.
    Discovery! Must share...

Apple tree. Eve sinned with an apple. It’s universally known that apples don’t fall from trees. We also know that one bad apple spoils the bunch. (If you have anything else I’m open to hearing it!) So is this hinting that Pippin has some connection to sin aka evildoings? Long live double meanings!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

whats in a name?

so i have been in a research mood as of late. and while i know their has been some debate over the usage of names before...id like to put out a slightly more in depth look at them. perhaps there is something to be learned for future direction of the story based on simple things we've been looking at this whole time. all my information has come from either surnamedb.com or googling...so without any further chatter...

"pegs" MITCHUM
    mitchum is an english surname originated around 675 ad. its meaning is equated to "old house" mitchum was also an alterative to the name....michael

michael cross
    obviously, we have made the connection to michael and the biblical implications of the name...but the name cross derives from the pre 7th century norse word "kross", which offset the olde english word "cruc". as a surname, it was often given to people who lived at a crossroads..and as the variation of the name spread it came to denote one who carried the cross in processions of the christian church.

angel tunudo
    this is a funny one....as through all my research i found literally no examples of the name tunudo....well, with exception to yu-gi-oh.....so i left this search confused...?

saul TINK
    tink comes from the olde french word "tenche" a nickname metanymic for freshwater fisherman. or could possibly be the nickname for a "sleek, well rounded person"..also as it has been said before, tink is a shortened version of "tinker"....the earliest found siting of the name is around 1193...but as the surname tenche.. tink appeared later in 1599

riley LEFEVRE
    lefevre is an olde french surname meaning ironworker or smith, it is also the french equivilant to the english surname "smith"
    lizzie fabre
    strangely enough, fabre has the same definition as lefevre both mean ironworker or smith.....

burt SCOTT
    scott comes from the olde english pre 7th century word "scotti". in former and acient times this denoted not a scottsman but an irishman...specifically a gael. one who had taken part in the conquering of the wetern coast of scotland...

kelly MAYNARD
    maynard comes from the old french surname "mainard" and loosely means strength-strong willed. originallly found in the domesday book of norfolk, 1086
    tommy PICK
    i included tommy because of the names relation to that of maynard, its nothing major but the orgin of the name pick was found in the same domesday book of norfolk 1086

and lastly....
    DATU MATA datu means "chief".. mata has a few meanings...kill and massacre being two of them...
    DURAI....also means chief
    KALANI....while yes kalani does have the meaning "heavens or sky"..it also has the meaning "royal one" which also equates to chief (at least in my book)

could there be something to all this....... thoughts?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    If you Wiki Durai, there is a film where Durai is accused of Murder but evades prison time long enough to prove he is inocent. Interestingly, the other major character working with Durai is a cook.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast