User Tag List

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: LostKhance PSN ID: lostkhance Steam ID: lostkhance Raptr ID: lostkhance
    I'll contact someone I know at the Con. I'll let you know if I get any information that'll be helpful.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: LostKhance PSN ID: lostkhance Steam ID: lostkhance Raptr ID: lostkhance
    I talked to my contact at LBCHC, he says there's still time to set something up and was curious what you had in mind. If you'd like I can forward him some info on the podcast and the #WAlive videos from NerdMelt. Feel free to PM or just keep in contact via this thread. Hope this helps.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Ok, Kc: I didn't get this one off in time for the WND show, but I was hoping you could carve out 5 min from your abundant free time and answer this when you get a chance.

Thankyouverrymush....

fat_elvis.jpg

Ok, a question about the locations on the show:
    The old saw is for a writer to 'write what you know', so it makes sense that the series is based in LA, where you (Kc) live. Also the Irwin location is most probably because you were stationed there in the Army. So why Boulder?

Also, how to do go about researching the various locations where events happen in the story? Is that all online research, or are these places you've had experiences in the past? Do you ever go on location to scout out ideas for the setting?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ok, Kc: I didn't get this one off in time for the WND show, but I was hoping you could carve out 5 min from your abundant free time and answer this when you get a chance.

Thankyouverrymush....

fat_elvis.jpg

Ok, a question about the locations on the show:
    The old saw is for a writer to 'write what you know', so it makes sense that the series is based in LA, where you (Kc) live. Also the Irwin location is most probably because you were stationed there in the Army. So why Boulder?

Also, how to do go about researching the various locations where events happen in the story? Is that all online research, or are these places you've had experiences in the past? Do you ever go on location to scout out ideas for the setting?
    Well, I live in Orange County, I just know enough about LA and do a lot of research. Was never stationed in Irwin, but I had training there. Boulder... haven't been there, but there were a few logistical and geographical advantages that fit what I wanted. What I needed to know about it I could get from the internet. A large portion of the season didn't take place there like Irwin, so I didn't really need to go there.

How do I go about researching them? The internet, and many locations I visit. I've been to Dunbar towers (or at least the real version of them, and even for this season I went to Fort Irwin for the day: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/gallery...rwin-research/

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Hi KC, can we get an audiobook of Burt's book as well, preferably read by Burt ;-)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Hi KC, can we get an audiobook of Burt's book as well, preferably read by Burt ;-)
    Possibly...

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Hi there,

I'm a proponent of scientific literacy and I really appreciate your effort to create a great story that isn't riddled with ACME scientific buffoonery. Two of my favorite scenes are when Michael calls B.S. on the claim of the zombies' 6th sense and Tanya's explanation that #2 needs the same requirements for life as all creatures in order for her body to function.

Do you have background or education in a scientific field? I believe I read a post in which you mentioned an engineering class.

Do/did you extensively research branches of science for this show or for personal interests?

In general, how much scientific detail do you like incorporate into this or any story line? Do you prefer using it as an element within a story, such as war is used in Casablanca and Gone with the Wind? Or more heavily involved like paleontology and genetics in Jurassic Park?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a proponent of scientific literacy and I really appreciate your effort to create a great story that isn't riddled with ACME scientific buffoonery. Two of my favorite scenes are when Michael calls B.S. on the claim of the zombies' 6th sense and Tanya's explanation that #2 needs the same requirements for life as all creatures in order for her body to function.

Do you have background or education in a scientific field? I believe I read a post in which you mentioned an engineering class.

Do/did you extensively research branches of science for this show or for personal interests?

In general, how much scientific detail do you like incorporate into this or any story line? Do you prefer using it as an element within a story, such as war is used in Casablanca and Gone with the Wind? Or more heavily involved like paleontology and genetics in Jurassic Park?

My engineering certification is all in the electronic/broadcast field, but I was also trained in combat lifesaving. I also have some very a few friends; one's a biologist another a mathematician, and my dad was a paramedic for over 30 years. I read a lot of science articles, but I also have people to ask questions to.

A little of both. For science!

I think a fair amount, but it must be kept balanced; otherwise it would become distracting or daunting. Also, the devil is in the details. If I start to describe chemical reactions in theories, it would all go to hell. It's a work of fiction after all, but still rooted in science.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I'm reading The Tender Bar, the memoirs of JR Moehringer, and thoughout his life he was often asked what JR stood for. It was a touchy subject that he preferred not to get asked.

So what does KC stand for?

I kid. You should totally leave it a mystery. I prefer to think it stands for Killer Clown, but that you are not from outter space and so feel angered at your brethren who shuttle between the stars and wrap victims in cotton candy, and shoot flesh eating popcorn, and seek their victims with balloon blood hounds. So in your spare time, because you have SOOOO MUCH SPARE TIME, you hunt Killer Clowns from outter space that have invaded our planet. You are a Killer Clown from Earth who hunts his evil brethren. A day-walker of sorts, only your monicker would be Earth-born. So I wish you luck in your quest, KC Wayland! May the KC remain a mystery...wink!

*sorry, all I've had all day is a cup of tea and two gummy bears. I'm all whacked out on sugar.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Ok, one more quick one, Kc:

I've heard from the actors that you only tell them as much of the plot as they need to know in order to be authenic in their roles.

But what about Grayson? How much of the story is he privvy to???

(I ask because you said on 'We're Not Dead' that you have a 'brick wall' concerning plot points, even after many drinks, so I'm trying to find a backdoor by possibly feeding him a shitload of tequila shots until he spills all the beans... ! )

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast