User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    why can't they recycle Steven into Soylent Green?
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Lurker"

Status
    I hated steven the moment i heard him push for lizzy to get kicked out of the tower the guy was bad news then but i know for damn sure that he is the rat. between to trying to split the tower activities and all his bitching it has to be him.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    I hate him, he's a nasty conniving bastard who's only interested in his own aims of becoming Leader of the Tower rather than the welfare of the entire group. However, it wouldn't make sense (to me at least) for him to be the rat because of that very reason. Why would he attempt to create mutiny to boost his position while also working to sabotage the entire operation that he wants to lead?

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think that it would be too easy for him to be the rat. We're supposed to think that he is, but it's a red herring - it wouldn't be any loss really if he turned out to be the rat and was booted out, it would be much better for the story arc if it was someone in the inner circle that the others have trusted!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I hate Steven too, but I feel for him. What I don't get is why didn't Michael or Saul beat the crap out of him when they found out it was he who pushed Lizzie out?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beesting View Post
    I hate Steven too, but I feel for him. What I don't get is why didn't Michael or Saul beat the crap out of him when they found out it was he who pushed Lizzie out?
    Because Saul focused his anger on the leaders for letting her go, and Michael couldn't beat him up because she violated the rules. And leaders really shouldn't lower themselves to the level of fisticuffs because of a disagreement. The better thing to do, which Michael did, was change the rules so situations like that didn't happen again. No one has been evicted from the Tower under the rules except Lizzy, so it can't even be viewed as changing in terms of favoritism because she's been the only victim of it, so she's the only one wronged by the rule. If no one else is evicted, no more harm is done.

Steven was technically correct in his reaction. Just not in a sense we like to admit. Lizzy almost got everyone in the Tower killed if not for Burt being an insomniac.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Because Saul focused his anger on the leaders for letting her go, and Michael couldn't beat him up because she violated the rules. And leaders really shouldn't lower themselves to the level of fisticuffs because of a disagreement. The better thing to do, which Michael did, was change the rules so situations like that didn't happen again. No one has been evicted from the Tower under the rules except Lizzy, so it can't even be viewed as changing in terms of favoritism because she's been the only victim of it, so she's the only one wronged by the rule. If no one else is evicted, no more harm is done.

Steven was technically correct in his reaction. Just not in a sense we like to admit. Lizzy almost got everyone in the Tower killed if not for Burt being an insomniac.
    Good assessment of the situation. I agree but still wonder was it just taking care of Saul that caused her to be so tired or something else.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Good assessment of the situation. I agree but still wonder was it just taking care of Saul that caused her to be so tired or something else.
    Well if she was tired for the reason you're implying, that makes Steven a biiiiiiiiiiiig bastard. But of course, it wouldn't be his fault because he wouldn't know she was pregnant.

Anyhew, I'm now waiting for the turning of the tide where people start to say they like Steven now that he's proved his worth in the defense of the Tower and how serious he takes the job. Much like what happened with Kelly and Kalani.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    He seems to be redeeming himself lately... I don't buy it. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Heavily. With spikes in it's tread. Impaling Steven.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    I don't think that anyone can be justified for showing a great deal of emotional feeling about steven to be honest. I mean we've only heard about him 3 times. So I would say that "redeeming himself lately" isn't really justifiable as he's only been in one episode where hes done a nice thing compared to two times when he's done something unlikeable. I think that at the minute hes just there to symbolise the minor characters that haven't been mentioned yet.

His actions were justifiable against Lizzy, because Burt had made lots of rules and made clear the consequences for not keeping to them. Lizzy chose to leave to keep order in the tower, I think Steven could have been doing the same, because if others knew that they could break the rules and get away with it then any one of them might stop obeying the rules, and the tower could fall into chaos. Steven could have been trying to prevent this from happening, because everyone wants good leadership in the tower.

Not wanting to be in the guard room with someone who could have been trying to rat them out is also quite justifiable. I bet the feeling of the majority of the tower is why are we even keeping him here if they think he could be a threat. justifiable.

But overall, all the unnamed characters in the tower are loyal to the tower. They have all been taking part in supply runs, repairs, clearing out dead bodies, throwing furniture at the mallers and putting out the fire. If they weren't loyal they would have tried to leave like Carley or Simon. I think any of them minor characters would have done the same thing in Stevens position as they all take their jobs seriously and want to ensure the security of the tower and its inhabitants. All these actions could have been done by any other minor character, but that could just confuse us with more names to remember.

As to the idea that steven ultimately wants to take over the tower, I think your'e crazy. Steven doesn't want to beat the system, he just wants to make sure it works.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast