User Tag List

Thread: Some Questions

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved

Some Questions

• I wonder why Zombie Leader wasn't described as having cuts, bruises and scratches like the ones Michael saw at the beginning.
    • If they mutate, eat (and digest? excrete?) that implies something like cell division so, healing? Their eyes are still described as glazed or filmy, aren't they?
    • Will they all continue to mutate? Or just the one's that eat each other and get a heavy load of mutagen.
    • Why/how do they have a leader at all? I mean they've mutated into the all the colors of the mutant zombie rainbow, but can all be controlled by one uber-zombie-mensch? Especially given that some mutant zombies have eaten other mutant zombies. If this is an engineered epidemic, is this development an unexpected fluke?
    • How come Michael says he never used to be afraid of death or what comes after? Is he referring to Zombie-hood or to some divine retribution?
    • How conscious or self aware is the Zombie Leader? Liking to play with their food as in the Stadium implies the ability to be entertained. That implies some consciousness.
    • Is the Stadium the mutant zombie answer to monster truck racing?
    Last edited by Eviebae; Mar 8th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Very good points.
    Ill see if I can help you any.

ZedHEAD AKA INK was not described to have scars or bruises but these may be overshadowed so to speak by the Tattoos.
    My theory is he leads from the rear so to speak, we have already seen evidence of this when he was watching Saul/Burt/Lizzie at Tower2's ambush site. He sent runners after the car and called them off later, he also commanded the infected in numerous other occasions not the mention the Arena.

Healing is a good idea, but the bodies are in some cases rail thin and decaying. Many zombies still show injuries long after the encounters, EX ARROWHEAD Behemoth (See Riley's Maddd archery skills)
    Theory: The eating is a primal habit brought on by the infection.

They may not all be controlled by INK, just those who choose too/who are nearby. Maybe they understand the importance of group living? Maybe they are being shown/promised food from INK or are a hive mind mutation. Many of these and the above mentioned theories are mentioned in various threads around the forum.

I always took Micheal's opening to mean a heaven/hell type of statement. Before this all started he was unafraid of death, now that it's happened he is terrified of what goes on after death. (Would you be a conscious infected individual? Would everything go black or would you watch yourself experience compete loss of control whilst you devour your comrades around you?

INK's consciousness if heavily debated at this point, I have gone into detail in a number of threads but here: Enjoy!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    Very good points.

Theory: The eating is a primal habit brought on by the infection.
    Primal human needs are food, clothing, shelter and community or something like that. There aren't any weaving or home-building zombies to be seen. Their mutations seem to make them better killers/eaters.