User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy / Randi

"Scavenger"

Status

Question Who is Randy?

In Chapter 19 Part 1, when michael comes to after his surgery he awakens to Hope by his bed side. Hope then asks who Randy is. Michael seems to want to change the subject mighty quickly. I missed it the first time I listened to the chapter. So who do yall think he, or she, is/was. We know that Michael is an only child so it cant be his brother or sister. Maybe though, i'm just spitballin here, it could be a step brother or sister, his best friend/oldest childhood friend. Someone he served with. I believe it is someone he is really close to or at least was. Michael is a character that keeps everything close to the vest, matter of fact the only time he actually "slipped" up was when he was under the influence of anesthetics. What are y'alls opinions?
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; May 19th, 2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Merged from another thread

"Lurker"

Status
    I'm thinking Randy is either his brother or army buddy

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I still say randy/randi is someone michael knew before the outbreak. Be it a war buddy, or a girlfriend. But would I be shocked if it turns out to be someone in the pumping station? Not at all. There's still a story to tell from michael's ordeal in that place
    We should come up with a way to track these predictions. Durai's background (Merc, hitman..etc), who Randi/Randy is, who Pippin is.
    As for who I think Randi/Randy is: I'm leaning towards a female as well, but that lean is like .5 degrees starboard. At first I thought it was a war buddy, then my "Mil mind" kicked in (not that it's done me any good in the KCverse) and I remembered that for the most part, we hardly ever call eachother by first names. Having said that, I could be wrong because Mike is a part timer and Randy could very well be a friend he's had in his civilian life who just happened to enlist with Michael (that would count for the use of a first name).

Ugh! Ok.. that was a really round about way of saying I really don't have a frigg'n clue.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Just goes to show that KC wants us to stew on it for a while, with Randy/Randi being a good ambiguous name.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    At first I was thinking it could have been a brother of his but dismissed this idea after some thought. I figure if he cared as much as he did when they lost Tommy that he'd care about finding his brother, even though he was rather unwilling to deal with the death of his parents.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that Randy could be a soldier friend of his he lost in the war. Though the alternate spelling provided in the thread topic is making me wonder if there is a slight chance that Randi could be a woman. Maybe we'll learn in time.
    Well now we know it's not a girl, unless its a bearded one! Fun to see a reappearance of a character that we don't really know anything about at all. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds, although I doubt we'll know any time soon.

I think Randy may be something to do with the pumping station and how Michael broke his arm. But to be that troubled by him he'd have to be someone quite important. More than just a random that mike runs into for a few hours/days/whatever (how long was he missing in the end? I can't remember). There's got to be a decent connection.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    oooooohhhhh yyyee--aahhh!! sorry i had to...(the description fits)....

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    Well now we know it's not a girl, unless its a bearded one! Fun to see a reappearance of a character that we don't really know anything about at all. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds, although I doubt we'll know any time soon.

I think Randy may be something to do with the pumping station and how Michael broke his arm. But to be that troubled by him he'd have to be someone quite important. More than just a random that mike runs into for a few hours/days/whatever (how long was he missing in the end? I can't remember). There's got to be a decent connection.
    I'm liking this idea. Now that I think about it didn't Michael and whoever was with hm at the pumping station (I can't remember) mention that the place looked like someone had been there keeping the place running?
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I'm liking this idea. Now that I think about it didn't Michael and whoever was with hm at the pumping station (I can't remember) mention that the place looked like someone had been there keeping the place running?
    Yeah. I also thought he might be one of the people from tower 2 who was trapped at the pumping station (assuming tower 2 were running it, as they were better prepared than The Tower according to samantha) by the beheamoth and so will maybe be a link to some of the goings on at the second tower.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    Tanya was grabbed. My thought is it wasn't just because she was there. Perhaps Randy smelled Michael on her and that's why he took her alive! We know they have a crazy sense of smell, and randy is connected to Michael in some way. Just a thought. Zombie with a vendetta?
    from the chapter 23 part 1 thread. an idea i had about randy.

"Scavenger"

Status
    If I had seen this thread before I listened to today's episode, I would have said that it was something to do with his unit returning early from their tour Iraq (he mentions this in chapter 1, but doesn't say why). It's still possible that it was someone from his unit that returned at the same time, but it seems less likely now. I think that the hunch about the water pumping station may well be right, perhaps it was someone that he couldn't save and had to leave behind. We may find out in a flashback some time, as he tells the story to someone?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast